The Most Loneliest Day of my Life
[html]

365 words.

He was glad to see that his choice of salt water was working, and though it pained him to see her having to throw up everything, while her physical pain was obvious to him, Vigilante was thankful when she finally gave up the contents of her body. Poison was a dreadful way to die, and even he, who had taken more lives than he could count, would never have used poison to rid someone of their life. His usual weapon of choice was a dagger, because he had found that to be a quick way to end someone's presumed suffering. At the very least, he was ending the suffering of those his victims were harming. He had used suffocation with Martyr, but that was too peaceful for most that he had killed. Still, he had never used poison.

For a moment, Vigilante did not know what to say in response to her strained question. It had been a heat-of-the-moment situation when he had decided to save her, but he still stood by what he had done. "I've taken many lives," he admitted, looking away from her. "Far more than you could imagine. But I've found that those who try to take their own lives, deserve life the most." Probably his message would be considered cryptic, and maybe she would become angry with him for what he had done. There was no way he could have left her there to die, not with the thoughts of his sister sloshing through the murky depths of his brain as a constant reminder of the innocent lives he could have the chance to save.

"What happened to make you want to end your life?" he asked quietly, focusing on her with an intense gaze. Vigilante could not understand why she would have eaten that flower, knowing what it would have done to her body. Those that gave their own lives confused him, for whatever reason they had. His sister had voluntarily given hers up for the supposed good of their pack, and though he did not believe it had done much, he knew the reason and why she had done so. Why had this woman swallowed that damned flower?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread