A flight of fancy on a windswept field
[html]

So I have no clue where this came from. I just kinda.. started writing and couldn't stop.
Word Count: 369. Worth 2 points.

Hanna had braced herself on the first object her hand encountered as she helped pull Vigi into the plane. This object, though the woman didn't know it, was the control stick, used for turning the plane. Also unbeknownst to her, the outer part of the flaps on the wings of the machine would move as the stick did. While it hadn't so much as shifted a fraction of an inch as she yanked on it the first time, Hanna continued to fiddle with the bar as he layered on the compliments about her name.

So inexperienced was Hanna at receiving these flirtatious comments that she found herself blushing yet again, to the point where she thought she'd surely explode with pleasure and happiness. Indeed, if one had looked very closely, very carefully, they might well have seen her head expand just a little.

As she'd requested, her newfound friend and (dare I say it?) crush, shared his name with her as she'd given him hers. She mulled it around in her head, studying him intently with contemplative eyes, her head turned partially away from him, her cheek the closest part to him. She turned her eyes more toward him.

Vigilante. One who hunts down and brings to justice those who do wrong. While the man's build certainly indicated he would be physically capable to carry out such a job, Hanna didn't think, from what she'd seen so far of him, that Vigi would be posessed of a heart as calculated as that profession called for. Not the golden-tongued, fluffy flirter she'd met. So she thought nothing of her next words and their potential face value.

"It's a strong name. Pleased to meet you, Vigilante." She winked then, poking her tongue out a moment. "Guess I better be on my best behavior, huh?"

A split-second after she finished the silky-voiced query, an eardrum-rending screech filled the hangar, bouncing off the walls and ceiling and causing Hanna to wince as it hit and reverberated in and from the aircraft. The control stick had moved, after all, and while the ailerons didn't have a huge arc of motion, the amount of time they'd been unused was enough to cause the noise. Heh...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread