Lean on me
[html]

Ruri continued to shake her head slightly as if trying to negate Haven's negative words. She understood why he was saying them, but she surely could not let herself think, even for a moment that what he said was the right thing. He was emotionally distraught and that was tainting his beliefs. Surely he didn't believe that true love was hopeless. "Haven! Just because Siobhan wasn't the one doesn't mean that all hope is lost. You have to understand that," she whispered, cradling the back of his head with her hand as she continued to hug him tightly. When he began to mention that it might be his fault, Ruri's muscles tensed. She wouldn't let him turn this into an opportunity to hate himself. That would be too costly. The last time he had been in such a state of self-loathing had been when she had first met him. She never wanted him to be that way again. "Stop that! You don't honestly believe that is true. You can't give up so easily Haven. It was not your fault that all of this happened. You are good enough. Siobhan couldn't see that! If Siobhan was the right one, it would have happened just right. Don't you see? Like I said earlier...true love is when both people are giving themselves to the other person entirely. Siobhan didn't give herself to you entirely. That means she must not have been the right person!" She continued, her soft hand patting Haven on the back with each emphasized word. She had to make Haven see that there was still someone out there for him. He just had to be brave and wait. Of course that wouldn't be easy, because he was hurting now, but perhaps if she made him understand that there was hope he would calm himself. "It hurts...I understand Haven, but you can't let the pain win. You're our Knight! You are strong and you can beat this. There is some wonderful girl out there for you. You'll find her someday...you have to believe me. You are a good person, a noble, loving, friendly, sweet, kind, gentle, strong, wonderful person. Have faith in yourself, Haven. I do...I know you can beat this and that you will find true love someday," she finished with a final, gentle pat on her friends back to emphasize her statement in one of the best ways she knew how. She'd done the best she could to try and console her friend with encouraging words. She didn't know if it would work, but she prayed that it would.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread