approach
[html]

I didn't notice any horrendous wait. xD

The wanderer's ears flattened back slightly, a silent act of pleading for forgiveness. The brief look on the male's face was enough to tell Ajax that he had percieved the rash question just as Ajax had hoped he wouldn't. He smiled weakly, hoping that the younger wolf wouldn't hold it against him. As far as Ajax knew, that one slip up could've ruined any chance he had at joining the pack. The compliment - at least, what ajax hoped was a compliment - calmed his fears a bit, but he was still unsettled. "Thank you..." he said, a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

Ajax watched Moon carefully, slightly put off by the silence. The younger wolf didn't appear to be the leader of the pack. In fact, he seemed a bit inexperienced to be the one greeting hopeful strangers, but Ajax didn't say anything. Every pack had it's own customs, after all, and Moon seemed confident enough. A wave of relief washed over him when Moon asked another question. Ajax wasn't really one to start a conversation, having been raised in mostly silence, and even spending quite a bit of time on his own while he adjusted to his newfound shifting abilities. The relief was short lived, though, seeing as Ajax didn't really know where he came from. He supposed he was born somewhere far, far south of here, but he'd never stayed in one place for long. "I've never stayed in one place long enough to call it home, but I was born far south of here," he answered, again adding false confidence to his words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread