time is swift for those who fear
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... /lark2.gif); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Unless she's directly mean to him, he will actually probably be okay with her being her. :]
     At her motion, his own ears swiveled back, then forward again. She was peculiar. Everything in her body language told him she was bored, and yet she did not leave him. Perhaps part of this was because he was sneaking around her home. Not sneaking, really, but too close for comfort. After all, Khalif had taken strangers in and slaughtered them. His concept of the world was limited.
     Still, as she spoke, he cocked his head slightly. Larkspur’s eyebrows came together, puzzled, and he frowned. “I wasn’t waiting for anything,” he replied, his own voice deep, slow. That peculiar twang remained, the accent of a place that only two people had lived to see. No one left Khalif unless they were chosen. Misery had been chosen, and she had chosen him. Even though she was staring away from him, he couldn’t help but admire the color of her coat. It was unique to him. “I like your fur,” the wolf said bluntly, unable to phrase it any other way.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread