time is swift for those who fear
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... /lark2.gif); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Private, for Svara. He's in his lupus form.

The campsite was very much a work in progress. He had thrown together a small tent for Misery, one he slept in only to keep her warm, and a makeshift paddock for the horses. Luckily, his size was mostly muscle—moving fallen branches around and holding them up with large stones had been a few hours worth of work. The horses were contained, though, and they needed to be when the two were away. Lark spent most of his time exploring, more of this hunting. Misery would not go hungry if he could help it.
     Even though he did not require much, he wanted to make their new home more comfortable for her. For this reason the black and orange wolf had taken up exploring further. He went without the horse, covering more ground on four legs, knowing it would be easier to find a route and then bring both animals when he found supplies. He had travelled east at first, and found the first traces of the city. That would be worth exploring, no doubt. A wrong turn on the outskirts took him further south, sending him along rocky coastline. He kept the city outline in sight, but found himself soon met with another, far more interesting scent. Horses. Puzzled by this, he tracked it further on—and before long was nearing the borders of Cour des Miracles.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... ble223.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: I <3 sexy wolves. Twirls into post))

Svara lay as a wolf on her side in the high pasture grasses. The cool fall air drifted over her coat and lifted the red hairs gently releaving it of any heat she had felt before. Her breathing was slow and tranquil as she naped lightly enough to wake if danger was near. She was close to the border, the horses could be heard from where she lay their wickers distant, but still heard. She'd only been home a week, and she had encountered Leroy and Jac, a boy, and Ayita. All of them thought she would never return, it was dispicable to think how little faith they had had in her. Not once did the red she wolf think she deserved their skeptical ways.

Lifting her head she nipped at her belly to relieve it of a bug before groaning and letting her head fall back to the earth. It was late afternoon and the sun was drifting closer to the horizon with every hour. It teased her as it got closer and closer to becoming night. One day over, only the rest of life to live. Her belly rose and fell with each breath, the scars moving with each intake of air. How easy it would be to stop breathing, but that would require her to give up this war entitled "Life". Svara didn't have it in her to quit, not ever.

A sound of movment made her ears twitch, her paws shifted ready to lift her weight if it moved closer. The sound only got closer. Rolling to her belly and then onto her paws the red bitch pinned her ears as she took a few steps towards the sound. The grass was tall almost enough to hide her, but just short enough to reveal her back. Stalking with light steps on long legs she found the source of movement in an orange and black pelted male. Svara's ears perked as she watched him from a distance. He hadn't entered the territory so there was no need to adress him, not that she would even if he did. As the packs omega she didn't even attempt to poke her nose in their affairs. They had made it quit clear she wasn't welcome to either. All the better since she liked trouble anyways. Her yellow eyes watched the male with interest from her position.

[/html]
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... /lark2.gif); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
     Despite his simple ways, Lark was highly aware of his surroundings. He knew exactly where he had come from, how long it would take him to get back, and other small details like this. As he neared the borders, he could gather almost immediately the essential information. Pack. Mixed breeds. Led by a male. And, as he soon spotted, one with strange women hiding in the grass. Almost instantly Larkspur stopped moving. The girl he had spotted was brightly colored, like himself. She was covered in scars, thick lines broken only by a leather collar around her neck.
     Nearly completely still, he kept watching her. He made no move to advance, or turn away. No sound left him. As far as Lark was concerned, until she addressed him, he had no reason to bother with her. If she called for her pack, he would run. If she didn’t, he would stay. It had been a long time since he had seen anyone that looked like her.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... ble223.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >D

Svara didn't move as her ears stayed perked and he seemed to take notice of her. She hadn't gone to much lengths to hide, the red female didn't find any need to hide ever. Worst thing that happened was she died. Her whole body was still as she just watched the black and orange pelt not shift under her yellow gaze. She should turn around and just leave, but the urge to approach was so tempting it was almost like she could taste it. Her collar felt heavy suddely as she became more aware of its pressense on her neck. Blinking she finally moved by shaking her neck and moving the thick leather with the action.

Finally making a desicion she moved forward her paws carrying her closer to the other with slow lazy steps. Her ears were now pinned, but she made sure he understood she had no fear of him. Words seemed stupid at this point, she could easily explore with her other senses in this situation. Svara didn't stop until she was a few feet away from him, her auds now moved up on her head again and her yellow eyes piercing him with her stare. Her chest felt bare with out the hair on it suddenly, due to the large scar that covered it. Strange since she had never felt that before. The red bitch ignored it as her yellow eyes seemed to be watching and consuming some sort of information about him.

[/html]
[html]
     He remained still through her approach. Her eyes were boring into his face, but they were not as terrible as he had seen. Misery’s eyes were far more beautiful, filled with a far more terrible fury. Larkspur had seen the ini, and he feared no living creature. As long as he was meant to survive he would do so; Misery needed him and Tak required it. She was far shorter then him, not entirely due to her age, and he stared back down at her with his own jack-o-lantern glare.
     Beyond this, though, he showed nothing. Even his eyes seemed oddly blank. Hollow. There was no greater intelligence behind them, no clockwork, no nothing. For this moment, he understood that she was not a threat. Sniffing the air, he found her scent and sought it out, curious to find out who she was.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Rape is not a crime, it's a compliment :3

Svara was bored with this staring game. She would rather nap then have a no blinking contest with some fruit loop who was lurking around the border. Pinning her ears again she gave a disgruntled look before sitting down and snorting rudely. It was her nature to be obnoxious and contrite. The male had given her a few seconds of curiosity, but now he was nothing but another wolf that would hate her. Svara figured everyone hated her, since she was rude, rash, mean, and down right bitchy towards anyone and everyone. The best remedy for people to leave you alone.

"I'm not going to shit rainbows if that's what your waiting for." The red she wolf said in her common husky voice as she looked away with a rude shift of her yellow orbs. It was easy from here, he would snort at her growl at her or down right just spit at her, then leave. That was how it went, they all hated her and she was just fine with that, it was so much more fun and easier on herself.

[/html]
[html]
Unless she's directly mean to him, he will actually probably be okay with her being her. :]
     At her motion, his own ears swiveled back, then forward again. She was peculiar. Everything in her body language told him she was bored, and yet she did not leave him. Perhaps part of this was because he was sneaking around her home. Not sneaking, really, but too close for comfort. After all, Khalif had taken strangers in and slaughtered them. His concept of the world was limited.
     Still, as she spoke, he cocked his head slightly. Larkspur’s eyebrows came together, puzzled, and he frowned. “I wasn’t waiting for anything,” he replied, his own voice deep, slow. That peculiar twang remained, the accent of a place that only two people had lived to see. No one left Khalif unless they were chosen. Misery had been chosen, and she had chosen him. Even though she was staring away from him, he couldn’t help but admire the color of her coat. It was unique to him. “I like your fur,” the wolf said bluntly, unable to phrase it any other way.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Can I take him and put him in my pocket! he is so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Svara waited for the usual sneer of disgust at her obtrusive additude. Or better yet the condensending remarks about her nature, how she was nothing but a miserable failure at life. It was all so much fun to listen to them throw the remarks at her like one would candy to a child; After all Svara did have a sweet tooth. She waited and was blown away when the male completly avoided the harsh comment with a simple remark. Her ears staied pinned as she watched him now with a guarded expression. He was suppossed to be pissed, why hadn't that offended him like everyone else?

His voice had left an impression on her as well, the twang in it different then what she was acustom to. Svara wasn't about to reveal any interest incase he was attempting to bait her. " Yeah fucking right. Everyone is waiting for something." She said with a dismal outlook. Her yellow eyes rolled as her mouth tightened into what was almost a pout for the red she wolf. She didn't even know she was holding the expression she was so deep in thought.

It was in last comment that made her features completely change and her head turned to look at him so fast she probably got whip lash. A look of complete stun took over Svara's face, mouth agape, eyes wide and ears perked. Had she heard the lonatic right? No one gave her a compliment! For a few seconds she just sat there with the comical expression unable to regain her composure. What was she suppossed to say to that? The red wolf was stuck, she didn't know what to do. "I--ehh."

Shaking her head she narrowed her eyes and took to her paws in a flash of red. "Okay what do you want! You want something I know it!" There could be no other reason for the compliment, he wanted something and she wanted to get it out of him right now, because it would be more acceptable then if he truely thought well of her coat. A determined scrunch of her face and ears pinned she waited for him to tell her what he wanted.

[/html]
[html]
     Not that long ago, he had been tortured and abused. Perhaps that was why he found her scars so compelling. His own were no longer visible. She had a spark and a fire that seemed similar but different to the ones he had known. Khalif was full of cruel faces, words, jeers, teeth. Misery had told him to blend in; perhaps he was doing something wrong, given the way she reacted. Still puzzled as to what he had done wrong, his face remained blank, wrapped in confusion.
     Then, suddenly, she was on her feet and in his face. Larkspur’s eyes widened and the corner of his mouth rose, more in confusion then anything else. Obviously, she was not trying to hurt him, so he felt no reason to defend himself. Instead, he just stood there. “I…I don’t. I smelled the horses and I wanted to see them,” he explained, perhaps unaware himself he was marking this place down as a potential future target. “You do have pretty fur. I’ve never seen anyone with red fur.”

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Can I take him and put him in my pocket! he is so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She waited, her face shoved into his own. He needed to say something else, because she didn't know how to react to a compliment, it would force her to back down. He didn't seem to change when she got rattled by him, but was there a hint of confusion? He wasn't quick to reply. Could he really be telling the truth and not really want anything? When she got a response out of him her muscles seemed to loosen on their own and she took a step back to sit down, not so close to his face. The horses had brought him to the border, but he still thought her fur was pretty.

The reason why he thought it was pretty made her exhale, so it had nothing to do with her, but his lack of knowledge when it came to red fur. A stir of dissapointment came to her gut. Had she really wanted that compliment even if she hadn't know how to react to it? Shaking her head for the tenth time she sneered at him almost giving a childish snort. "Red fur is common, mines nothing to remember." She said with a dry tone.

The urge to say "thank you" came to her tounge, but she swallowed it with a large gulp that filled her lungs with air. Instead she looked over his own coat and couldn't help but notice it's unique state. Yellow orbs met back at his orange before she adressed him again. "Your own coat is more uncommon." How had he been able to defuse her so easily? It wasn't possible. The red female felt like this male could mean trouble for her.

[/html]
[html]

Larkspur had never known about the rules of courtship and love. He knew what love was; he loved Misery dearly, more then anything he had ever known. He loved the wisdom she gave him, and the way she protected him. He loved the sun and the moon. There was no place for courtship in his upbringing—one that had consisted entirely of abuse. Though his scars were not as apparent as her own he felt them each day. “I don’t think it’s so common. I’ve never seen it,” he explained.
    Only when she mentioned his own fur did something change. A darkness crept into his eyes, and his face turned cruel. “Black fur is sin. I am changing it.” Or, at least, Misery was changing it. In order to change who he was he was working—working on both his inside and outside.

[/html]