time is swift for those who fear
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... /lark2.gif); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
     Not that long ago, he had been tortured and abused. Perhaps that was why he found her scars so compelling. His own were no longer visible. She had a spark and a fire that seemed similar but different to the ones he had known. Khalif was full of cruel faces, words, jeers, teeth. Misery had told him to blend in; perhaps he was doing something wrong, given the way she reacted. Still puzzled as to what he had done wrong, his face remained blank, wrapped in confusion.
     Then, suddenly, she was on her feet and in his face. Larkspur’s eyes widened and the corner of his mouth rose, more in confusion then anything else. Obviously, she was not trying to hurt him, so he felt no reason to defend himself. Instead, he just stood there. “I…I don’t. I smelled the horses and I wanted to see them,” he explained, perhaps unaware himself he was marking this place down as a potential future target. “You do have pretty fur. I’ve never seen anyone with red fur.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread