The rabbit-hearted girl
[html]

WC: 500+
I'm so sorry. Take however much time you need to reply. Also, I just want to put this in there, The words in blue are silent. Only Finn can see Cuhlain.

”I think, what he’s trying to ask is if you have any abilities that might serve the pack.” Finn murmured. Leroy had calmed down considerably, Finn could only assume that it was because of the child. She had heard, through the grapevine of course, that Leroy had his own family now. Any father who loved his children at all could not help but be more accepting towards a lone female and her pup. Glad that any potential disaster or fight had been averted, Finn sat watching the proceedings with curious eyes.

The she-wolf was trying her best to keep her head at a long enough level to be respectable, and paid close attention to her own body language, as well as that of the others. She was still somewhat new to this whole rigmarole and didn’t want to inadvertently offend someone. Finn had done enough offending to last her a lifetime, and she didn’t want to add another score to the tally. She swished her tail a bit, calm and alert. ”What are your names?” She asked, meeting the female’s bright green eyes. She looked more dog than wolf, with a short coat and floppy tail, but Finn didn’t really have prejudices against that sort of thing. She wasn’t exactly a pedigree either. Much of her ancestry was cloaked in mystery, and it was entirely possible that Finn had dogs or even coyotes for great-great-grandparents.

”If you’re in need of a place to stay, you might find solace here.” She stretched her legs, a sigh gusting from her snout, ”It’s better than trying to steal food, which is going to get very hard as soon as the winter sets in.” Finn had joined Cour des Miracles for that reason. Or, at least, that was the reason she told herself. Winters in Canada were harsh, and food could be hard to find. Packs would guard their food sources and herds like jealous dragons when the deer was scarce and the rivers frozen over. The last thing she wanted to see happen was some starving single mother and her pup get killed over something so petty. Finn tilted her head a little, looking down at the pup.

”You were very brave right there, protecting your mother like that.” The thought that such a small child would leap to his mothers defence so quickly impressed Finn. It showed courage and trust and love. Finn had never had such a relationship with her mother, or even her father. She had learned to protect herself, and the rest be damned. Brom had done something like that for Finn once, but he had suffered terribly for it. Not that the black wolf from her childhood could care much, the dead couldn't have opinions.

I beg to differ. The voice sent shivers sliding down her spin and Finn whipped around so fast that her neck cricked. Sitting there, plain as day but perhaps a little transparent, was Cuhlain, her father. Finn drew in a deep, calming breath and turned away, back to the group. ”Though I saw something.” She muttered sheepishly, shrugging her shoulders to ward off the chill.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread