The rabbit-hearted girl
[html]
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb17 ... eader1.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

OOC// SO, finally made up my mind. If you'll have me, I'd love to join!

1. Character Name: Alaine Winters (NPC pup, Caillen Winters)

2. Character Birthdate (including year): 06/08/2005
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Species: Canis Lupus Familiaris
5. Gender: Female
6. Secondary Form of Contact: mentalities@live.com.au; DevArt

7. How you found 'Souls: From my last RP site, Giderah.
8. Profile Page: Guide me, 'O fortuna
9. Initial post:

Paws were silent on the soft roll of tundra, her slim form neatly hidden by the cropping of pine trees that scattered the edges of the flattened area. Emerald eyes, as brilliant as the flora in which the feo crept, were alight with sheer concentration. Her palms flattened to the trunk of a nearby tree, the soft curve of her tail held low to the ground as creamy-pelted lady tried to remain invisible. Before her, a strange building, it's paint worn and bleeding red with rust and peeling. A barn? Perhaps, once, she mused. There was the occasional whinny that pierced the silence, but it was not horses that Alaine Winters was after.

The cattle grazed before her aimlessly, their stout teeth ripping up chunks of sea-swept grass with wet sounds. Her lean muscles quivered with temptation, mouth wet with saliva, as entrancing jade gaze narrowed on the little calf that had strayed from the protection of the herd. Her stomach, a lean, flat muscle, rumbled with hunger. And somewhere behind her, in the bush where she had strictly ordered him to remain hidden, her son's did likewise.

It would be theft, because she knew that this land belonged to a pack. The young woman could smell the inhabitants, everywhere - So what had driven her to this?

Well, it was simple. She was sick and tired of going hungry, and having to listen to Caillen's whimpers as he slept through a malnourished nightmare. The she-dog had not been able to hunt for a while, but her wounds had almost healed over, and a few days of constant feed had her health glowing back again. Though there were still dark pockets under her eyes (Sleep had yet to come to her, not for a long time), pelt was thick and lush again, covering the protruding ribs of months of famish. Much had changed in the young beauty, since she had been 'saved', naught a week before. Saved, by a boy no less! The memory of the golden-pelted youth brought a slight smile to her maw, before it steeled in determination again. She could not allow her precious son to go hungry again, even if it meant becoming a common thief.

" Steady, now..."

Alaine's voice was an exotic stirring, a musical, accented sound. The cattle were ignorant of her approach, and a soft pink tongue licked over her sparkling white incisors as she approached the calf. But, in all her concentration, the young mother seemed to have forgotten everything about wariness; Though her scent was pushed away from the grazing beasts by a soft breeze, that same breeze would carry it across the land for any wolven nose to smell; and though she was cloaked by the flank of trees before her, should anyone be watching from a different angle, the wild and brilliant tumble of her auburn hair would be clear as a beacon. It showed, really, that she had never been a thief before.

Ears flattened to her head as the lithe beauty shrunk down into a crouch, her eyes still trained on the wanding calf, muscles quivering as they readied to pounce...

[/html]
[html]

HIYA! *waves*

Since talking to Leroy he has felt fine, though the feeling of loss of Svara's death made his harder then ever. Besides those already close and his children he had no want to show much feeling, much joy or happiness but duty. Leroy didn't love Ayita as a mate but he enjoyed her company and though he was rude to Vigi a small part told him to apologize, if he does depends on how big that part is. Patrolling was his duty and now more the ever he willed himself to protect the pack, Leroy's large black and white body moved with smooth powerful strides.

Red eyes watched the area with a dangrousness about them, nose breathing in every scent as his muscled form neared the ranch. This area was usually patrolled by Haven or Vigi but Leroy went this way today, mainly because it was closer to his children. Paws were dirty as the pressed into the wet ground that has been beaten from the recent rains, tracks from the horses riddled the field everywhere. 'ill tempered things' Slowed pace turned away from the first field to the next, curly tail behind him was relaxed as his nose twitched as the wind blew into his face. Patterned body tensed with his fur raising with a low growl curled his maw on his hard face, red eyes narrowed as he stood still watching the field before him as his looked for the intruder. There! The flash of bright colored hair appeared from the trees. Husky's body bolted forward using his muscled legs as he launched himself over the fence, standing tall in his fast past as his loud voice broke out. "YOU! What are you doing ?!"

[/html]
[html]
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb17 ... eader1.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

OOC// HI! X3 Thanks for joining my RP! Would you mind having Leroy forcefully take her back with him somewhere in this thread? I want her to join the pack, after figuring out that it is easier than stealing from them xD

And just as she was about to leap, teeth ready to sink into the young flesh of the calf, ready to take the life from something that was not hers without so much as the blink of an eye, a voice rang out across the rolling land.

" YOU! What are you doing ?!"

As her stomach dropped out from her body, fear swelling such that it clogged in her throat, burned through her airways, Alaine turned to face the call. Behind her, the calf skittered away, the cows lowing in protest of the now blatantly visible intruder. Her brilliant jade eyes saw the man approaching - His fur was dark as midnight, face dipped with ivory, eyes blood-red and filled with indignant anger. She'd been caught. Within moments, the male was near enough that her slim body shivered. Close enough that she could smell the deep, masculine musk of his body, see the way fury had contracted his pupils so that they were lost in the swell of red. And her single thought was for Caillen, her beautiful darling, hidden away in the brush behind her. Please, for the love of GOD, please stay hidden... Stay hidden! Her mental screams to her son seemed to go heeded, because no puff-ball of smoky gray and brilliant tangerine appeared behind her. The auburn-headed feo was most certainly alone, to face this new danger.

" Nothing. I wasn't... I wasn't doing anything."

Her musical voice sounded faint, eyes wide with fear and wariness. But below the surface, lingered the mother bear - If he took any more steps towards the brush where her son was hidden, nothing, but nothing, would stop her from attempting to remove his throat. The beautiful young woman began to retreat as the strange male approached, her lithe body tensing as she noted how far away the cover of thick trees were. She could run, but no doubt, he could run faster. When emerald eyes returned to the man, they were thick with green poison, silently warning him not to approach.

" Listen, I will leave. I won't come back. I didn't know... That there was a pack, here."

She was lying, of course, straight through her teeth. But the young lady, her wounds still fresh and her energy levels still low, had no chance if this turned into a fight.

[/html]
[html]

Sure if that's what you would like, though he can accpet himself :3 Maybe he can take her to the closest building like the stables or somthing like that . sorry for the fail T-T

Leroy’s deep red eyes never left the form of the female that jerked to meet his gaze while her ears seemed to take in his voice, Leroy didn’t care who this was and why they are here. Though it was very obvious what she was about to do and Leroy didn’t like it one little bit. Leroy’s dangerous narrowed eyes took only seconds to look the startled woman over, her coat was striking he will admit with the creams and bright colors that blended together of her slim form that contrasted his own coat. Heavy body slowed as he neared her position, " Nothing. I wasn't... I wasn't doing anything.", his ears filled with the soft voice that made him snort loudly as his weight settled to stop about a yard from the woman.

Looking down into her bright green eyes that looked so worried, she better be, Leroy paused for a moment as his hard rough face held his very unpleased look. “Lets say I do believe that.” Leroy’s voice was somewhat bitter as it left his throat, standing tall he towered the woman who moved away. Leroy has stolen food before so he was no fool the methods or what you may look for, cows which are in a fenced land gave away her lie. " Listen, I will leave. I won't come back. I didn't know... That there was a pack, here."

Here next words were almost as annoying as they left her pretty mouth , to bad they was a lie which mad his ears flicker back for a moment as his deep honey voice pulled from his throat again. “Really…that’s a useless lie.” Stepping a few steps to the side his eyes looked over here form as his breathed in the scents around him, red eyes never leaving her. “ I don’t like thieves, even if they are starving and injured. If your doing this you may have nothing left to risk.” Thinking for a moment Leroy wasn’t sure what he wanted to do but for a moment his handsome face showed through as a scent came to him while a small sounds made his ears flicker forward, it seems she not alone.

[/html]
[html]

OOC// Yeah, that would be great! Thanks very much :3

He stopped, about a yard from where she stood. In optime form Alaine was smaller than the usual wolf, her canine heritage obvious in the slender, short-haired figure. But, unfortunately, this meant that the black and white stranger seemed to tower over her. Brilliant emerald eyes were wide with fear; Not for what might happen to her, but for what might happen to the little bundle of fur that waited for her return, for a good meal, in the bushes not so far away. Her stomach twisted nervously, fingers clasping and unclasping as they fiddled with each other.

" Really…that’s a useless lie.”

His eyes, a dangerous ruby red almost opposite to her own, remained pinned upon the exotic beauty - But his body shifted, nose to the air, to filter through scents surrounding them. Probably checking she didn't have back up, or something... Oh no, Caillen!

“ I don’t like thieves, even if they are starving and injured. If your doing this you may have nothing left to risk.”

With his words burning in her ears, Alaine seemed to shrink in upon herself. Become as small as possible, and he wont view you as a threat... Maybe he'll even let you go? But at that very moment, her worst nightmare came true, and the little boy whom had been hidden suddenly decided it was his turn to play hero.

" You! Don't t-t-touch my Mama!" His little teeth bared in a foolish snarl, Caillen launched himself from the bushes. His lupus form was gainly with youth - Paws too large for skinny legs, body too thin for what was healthy. And as he sprinted towards his mother, whom was still frozen to the spot, the little boy tripped on a tree root and went sprawling on the ground. Things happened quickly after that; One second, Alaine was standing, submissive and scared and alone. The next, she was crouched over her fallen son, and the hatred in her eyes was nearly as potent as the vicious, poisonous snarl across her maw. The fragile beauty had become like a mother bear, all fury and desperation. She would protect her son, even if it meant fighting to the death.

" DON'T YOU DARE HURT HIM!"

Her voice, previously sweet and melodic, now sounded acidic and dangerous. Lips writhed over glittering white fangs, her ears plastered back to her head as stray auburn curls whipped about features in a sudden wind. It was obvious now that she had not been hunting, nor stealing, for herself - It was all for Caillen, all for her weak, underfed son.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 400+
Hope you don't mind me coming in here. If not, tell me and I'll ask the moderators to erase the message. Smile

Finn trotted through the woods, paws landing silently amongst the grass. She was out early today. Lately she had taken to lurking in the kitchens of the Chien Hotel, sheltering from the pervasive and cold gusts of wind by sitting square in front of a roaring fire. Today, though, she was restless. Today she could not sit so peacefully and thus took to wandering around the grounds. She drew in a deep breath of the cold air, trying to shake the feeling that something was off. It a sort of “there is a disturbance in the force” kind of off, nothing so grand.

She just felt, wrong? Different? She couldn’t think of the word to describe it yet, and thus let the thought pass. There appeared to be more interesting events cresting the horizon. Finn sat, watching from a distance with a frown. An interesting tableau indeed. A big, dark wolf, openly hostile and a female, also baring her teeth. Finn looked form one to the other, drawing in a breath. The male was a pack-member, though she had not met him yet. The other, an intruder. A third wolf scent was on the wind as well, and Finn took another breath. A pup! How interesting.

She moved forward through the grass, her scarred body weaving through the stalks like a snake. The raised voices made her ear prick up, and Finn picked up speed. She skidded to a stop between the two, regarding first the black wolf, then the brown one. ”What’s all this then?” She asked, looking to her pack-member for a little enlightenment. She didn’t like getting involved, especially since she was one of the newest wolves in the pack, but she liked to circumvent violence between others if she could.

Finn sat again, looking over at the pup curiously. He looked like he hadn’t had a good meal in a long time. His mother, for that was what Finn assumed her to be, looked like she was ready to take on the world for her pup. ”You’re all right. Calm down. We aren’t going to hurt you, or your child.” Finn said, trying to speak in a low, soothing tone. She looked to her superior, ”Right?” This could be a bad idea, getting involved in something that wasn’t her business, but Finn wouldn’t let someone get hurt over a misunderstanding. Though, right now, she’d put her money on the big male getting himself injured, not the smaller girl. Finn knew not to underestimate the ferocity of a mother, even if she had never had one herself.

[/html]
[html]

sorry, things have been busy, medical project and another family member died.

Leroy thought quietly to himself as his eyes never left the female's form. His large black and white body stood tall compared to the doggish female, her wide green eyes seemed scared as she stared back at him. The husky is not at all happy about this woman trespassing and for a moment punishment was considered, though Jac may not be too pleased with that idea. Hard face didn't give away much besides the fact he was pissed off, the sounds of another person wasn't too expected as the pup came out shouting before tripping himself.

'so that's it, she has a pup' Brows rose as the woman lashed out,covering her fallen child as it he was trying to eat the little thing. Staring at the woman his chest rumbled with another deep growl of annoyance, "I would have already if I wanted to." Deep voice spat his annoyed words at the intruder. Tilting his head blood colored eyes drifted over the child, taking note of his features then back to its mother.

Amaranth and Kable came to his mind and Leroy was sure about what he would do, annoyed or not.'Right?' Finally Leroy's ears twisted as his patterned face turned to his fellow member who had arrived some moments before, pushing his bangs away from his bright eyes his handsome features showed. "A thief. No, we are not going to hurt them" Looking at the woman he spoke a direct question with his annoyed but interested voice. "You, what can you do? Are there any skills you have?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC// I'm sorry to hear that - My condolences to your family :c

She felt the fear well up inside, a great big fist of ice that clenched the feo's stomach till she felt she would be sick. The pounding of hummingbird heart in her throat was restricting, a tribal beat of terror that made the hair along the slender curve of her nape all stand to attention. Her face bore that livid snarl, vicious but strange on the features of the beautiful dog; it was clear that this aggression did not come easily to her, and that surely it had taken many weeks of provocation to reach this tedious point. Standing on thin ice, Alaine did the best she could to appear intimidating.

The large black male growled some words at her, but she couldn't hear him over the rush of blood through her veins, the primitive need to protect, and the soft ripple of her own snarl. Such was her concentration that Alaine didn't even notice the female, whom slipped through the long grasses like black velvet, her ink paws never seeming to touch ground for all their silence and etherial grace. Brilliant emerald eyes drew sharply to the sound of her voice, an inviting swell of noise, calm and cool.

" You’re all right. Calm down. We aren’t going to hurt you, or your child. Right?”

She blinked, confused, hackles still quivering in the air as if unsure of whether she should still be furious. They weren't going to hurt her Caillen? The young boy wriggled beneath his mother, eager to get out and into the fray, to see the owner of this new voice and confront her with all his childish bravado. Shifting her position slightly, such that his cute little head could poke out from beneath her and clear blue eyes survey their surveyors, Alaine did and said nothing. There was nothing, of yet, for her to say.

" A thief. No, we are not going to hurt them... You, what can you do? Are there any skills you have?"

Clearly confused, Alaine snarled at him until she realized that the male's words were not a threat. Lithe body shivered slightly, her tongue running over maw in a nervous sweep as those shadowed lime eyes darted between the male and the feo.

" Tal... Talents? I don't... Understand."

Her voice was a croaky whisper as ivory fangs were sheather to accompish speech, but the strange musical accent was there, endearing to her tone. The confusion was avid in the beautiful features of her face - why weren't they attacking? Was this some sort of method of... Of... Aggression? For the young mother, still much a child herself, the black wolf's question commanded an answer. After a pause, in which she cleared her throat, Alaine continued.

" I can... I can take care of pups, real well. I am good at sewing and mending things, or, err... I used to be. I can play the... The instrument..." Baffled, because she had forgotten it's name, Alaine made a gesture of plucking the strings of a harp, before continuing in her soft melodic voice, " And, I can doctor things rather well. I am good at dealing with wounds."

These events were so bizarre, that in her answer she'd seemed to drop all aggression in place of a less confronting, more pleasing, confusion. Granted the opportunity Caillen had wriggled free, and now peered out from behind the soft curl of Alaine's husky tail. Slowly, the feo rose from her crouch to stand before the strangers, the wind toying absently with her glorious tumble of auburn curls.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 500+
I'm so sorry. Take however much time you need to reply. Also, I just want to put this in there, The words in blue are silent. Only Finn can see Cuhlain.

”I think, what he’s trying to ask is if you have any abilities that might serve the pack.” Finn murmured. Leroy had calmed down considerably, Finn could only assume that it was because of the child. She had heard, through the grapevine of course, that Leroy had his own family now. Any father who loved his children at all could not help but be more accepting towards a lone female and her pup. Glad that any potential disaster or fight had been averted, Finn sat watching the proceedings with curious eyes.

The she-wolf was trying her best to keep her head at a long enough level to be respectable, and paid close attention to her own body language, as well as that of the others. She was still somewhat new to this whole rigmarole and didn’t want to inadvertently offend someone. Finn had done enough offending to last her a lifetime, and she didn’t want to add another score to the tally. She swished her tail a bit, calm and alert. ”What are your names?” She asked, meeting the female’s bright green eyes. She looked more dog than wolf, with a short coat and floppy tail, but Finn didn’t really have prejudices against that sort of thing. She wasn’t exactly a pedigree either. Much of her ancestry was cloaked in mystery, and it was entirely possible that Finn had dogs or even coyotes for great-great-grandparents.

”If you’re in need of a place to stay, you might find solace here.” She stretched her legs, a sigh gusting from her snout, ”It’s better than trying to steal food, which is going to get very hard as soon as the winter sets in.” Finn had joined Cour des Miracles for that reason. Or, at least, that was the reason she told herself. Winters in Canada were harsh, and food could be hard to find. Packs would guard their food sources and herds like jealous dragons when the deer was scarce and the rivers frozen over. The last thing she wanted to see happen was some starving single mother and her pup get killed over something so petty. Finn tilted her head a little, looking down at the pup.

”You were very brave right there, protecting your mother like that.” The thought that such a small child would leap to his mothers defence so quickly impressed Finn. It showed courage and trust and love. Finn had never had such a relationship with her mother, or even her father. She had learned to protect herself, and the rest be damned. Brom had done something like that for Finn once, but he had suffered terribly for it. Not that the black wolf from her childhood could care much, the dead couldn't have opinions.

I beg to differ. The voice sent shivers sliding down her spin and Finn whipped around so fast that her neck cricked. Sitting there, plain as day but perhaps a little transparent, was Cuhlain, her father. Finn drew in a deep, calming breath and turned away, back to the group. ”Though I saw something.” She muttered sheepishly, shrugging her shoulders to ward off the chill.

[/html]
[html]

lala sorry for my slowness but i'm trying to get more activey here!!

Watching the woman's reaction Leroy didn't let his annoynce show through, or at least he tried not to. Standing still his patterned form was very relaxed but strong on the surface, so much of his own patience was being used right now when he normaly would attack. Watching her Leroy let his words and their meaning set in for the mother, in the current moment he can understand that it might take a second.
"I think, what he's trying to ask is if you have any abilities that might serve the pack."
Leroy hadn't got to meet this new member personaly yet but this will have to do for the time being. Glancing over at the new female what seems to understand him better at the moment was quite likeable, her body was appealing with his cool colors that almost seems blue is some parts but her scars caought his unspoken attention. The thought lingered but he pushed it in the back of his mind for later. "Yes" Finn was balanceing him at the moment keeping him patince while the intruder didn't understand the simple invite, she seemed to know what was going on and maybe her voice was mych nicer to hear at the moment.

What the woman said did get his attention, a healer is somthing the pack does need and to really turn that down would be stupid on his part for the pack. Brows rose as his red eyes looked at the woman with a new, bright interest as his ears fanned forward listening to both woman speak. " A healer is somthing that we lack. With oue new litter of pups anything is bound to happen." Voice was much more relaxed. "..find solace. You will be better for to live here like she stated, with your current state it will hard for you to live through the winter let alone your child." A sigh left his lungs as they husky tilited his head before looking over at Finn for a moment, he wasn't going to ask what she jerked about before speaking again. "I'm Leroy, so all in all if your rather leave your welcome to though you can stay here.."

[/html]
[html]

OOC// Thats alright. Glad to hear it! :3

The ebony lady watched her with peculiar, calm eyes. Alaine held her gaze for a moment as the other spoke, her voice soothing. Abilities that might serve the pack... Gaze of most brilliant emerald darted between her slender, scarred form and that of the bulky black and ivory male, his own blood-red eyes having cooled to a more level control now that the situation seemed to be in hand.

" What are your names? If you’re in need of a place to stay, you might find solace here. It’s better than trying to steal food, which is going to get very hard as soon as the winter sets in.”

Once more, the kindly nature seemed to baffle the young mother, whom stood straight now upon her slender legs. Hands, which fidgeted like little cream birds at her sides, fisted and unfisted - One rose to rub absently at a scabbing wound on her arm, the small prickles of pain seeming to clear her confused mind. Solace? Winter? Intelligence had momentarily fled, but all aggression seemed to have finally seeped out from the exotic beauty, and quite suddenly she seemed a small, frail thing.

" My name... I am Alaine. Alaine Winters. My son is Caillen."

Again, the smooth flow of her voice was musical, the accent nearing on a melody as her mouth hesitantly formed the words. She hadn't been asked her name in a while... Hadn't been spoken to in a while. The courtesy felt strange and foreign now.

" A healer is something that we lack. With our new litter of pups anything is bound to happen... find solace. You will be better for to live here like she stated, with your current state it will hard for you to live through the winter let alone your child."

As he spoke, her round, bewitching eyes quickly measured up the male once more. He seemed to be in his prime, strongly built, clearly a fighter with that aggressive attitude. Either that, or simply very stressed at the moment... Strange, that she should wonder about such things. At the end of his words, Alaine's gaze trailed to Caillen, watched her child and felt the overwhelming surge of love and protection swell up in her throat again. Tears stung painfully behind her eyes as she watched the child respond to the ebony lady, his flopped ears flicking forward to her inviting voice, those owlish sky blue eyes filled with innocent curiosity to her words.

" I am her l-l-little man." He said, with a stubborn and defiant tilt to his cute little maw, "It's my j-j-job to take care of her!"

At this, the tears ebbed free of their bindings, one or two managing to slide in crystalline rivers down the mother's cheeks. All at once, the weight of caring for her child alone, for so long, seemed to crash down upon her shoulders. The pack would accept them. Finally, her son would be safe! She had never considered using her talents of healing as pay for protection before - They had always been a speciality of hers, something the young beauty had fostered with great care since her youth. When her eyes next lifted, though shiny with tears, there was the strength of true hope within them, something she had not allowed herself to feel for a long, long time. The young lady straightened, and bent to scoop up her son, auburn curls dancing gaily about her fine, feminine features. Assuming that the one whom had introduced himself as 'Leroy' was dominant, she addressed him first, clearing her throat of emotion before speaking.

" I thank you... You wont regret this."

[/html]
[html]

WC: 300+
Urg, short post. But that doesn’t matter, cause it’s the last one! Big Grin

Finn smiled, trying not to look too frightening with her scarred lip and fangs. She was happy to see the situation had turned out so well. If there had been a fight… She didn’t know what would have happened. At the little boy’s words, and his mother’s tears, Finn felt a deep pain within her heart. She hoped to have a pup one day who would be so devoted to her. To love so unconditionally… Finn didn’t think it possible. At least not for herself. Those she had loved had died long ago, and even they had been too fault-ridden for Finn to love them completely.

It just wasn’t her lot in life to put that much trust in a person. She had made friends, many friends, along her journeys. But there had never been that special someone, or even a friend who had become like a brother or sister to her. Her thoughts ventured to Rurik, the handsome pirate she had lain with a while ago. Maybe she would go looking for him, and try to repair the damage she had done. Face it girl, you’ll never find anyone who’d want a battered up body like yours. Finn froze again, and blinked, pretending not to hear. Cuhlain couldn’t be here, it was impossible. He had to be dead. When she left home he had already been a doddering seven year-old.

It had to be her imagination playing a cruel trick. But his voice sounded so real, sliding through the air like poison, wrapping around her heart and squeezing it tight. She had to keep this to herself. If anyone thought that she was hearing voices… She’d probably get the boot soon after. Living in Cour des Miracles had been nicer than she could ever hope for, and she didn’t want to lose all the she had gained in the past few weeks. A stupid little voice wasn’t going to ruin this for her.

[/html]