wherever life takes me
Bawwww she hates herself. XP

[html]
As he'd intended, the black Dahlian heard him coming. The noise of his footsteps was unusual, and Kol turned to meet his icey gaze, one hand still holding the braided rope of the ladder, yet not allowing it to fall just yet. The demon that faced her had once been someone she respected, still respected, if truth be told. Yet she could sense even at their brief meeting at the border the darkness that had grown inside him, a darkness she had once sworn to help him overcome if he wished it. Circumstances had interfered with that promise, but she still intended to keep it to the best of her ability, should the opportunity arise. She had never revealed to anyone the secrets her Lilium had confided that night, not even to the one she deemed her soulmate, and she never would.

Haku could rarely be described wearing an expression of happiness, but his blue gaze was hard as glacial ice as it met Kol's of soft violet. As he approached, Kol descended to one knee in a sign of respectful submission. Her shifted form was much taller than her leader's secui, so she did her best to display the difference in their station. Amethyst eyes were darkly veiled as she looked up at the chocolate demon. "Haku...I've no doubt you probably hate me now for what's happened over the past year. But thank you, once again, for letting me come home." She knew her words would more than likely be met with bitterness and venom, that much was evident in the male's curt attitude at the border and in his less-than-jovial expression now. Yet her words had to be spoken, for Haku had had every right to deny the coal-black woman entry into the land she had called home and then had seemingly abandoned without a word. Regardless of the circumstances of her disappearance, her shortcomings shamed her still, and she awaited the consequences unmovingly. It was a very good thing she'd made the journey back without Elliott. She had known how cold her homecoming may be, and she wanted Elliott to have nothing whatsoever to do with it. She would face yet another failure alone.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread