wherever life takes me
No table yet because I can't retrieve my code. XD And this WILL be rusty and rambley, I apologize to whomever decides to read it. x.x

[html]
Six months. So much had happened in that time. It was hard for Kol to believe that the last time she'd set foot in Dahlian lands had been back in the middle of spring, when the flowers had only just begun to bloom. She'd awakened on that crisp, clear May morning to the delightful sound of birdsong, the handsome visage of her beloved laying beside her. It had started out as any ordinary day, and had ended ever so twistedly. The woman still had trouble remembering exactly what had happened as the day had worn on, or for several days following the brutal abduction of herself and her brother.

Drey had come by around midday, asking for some alone time with his sister, and the siblings found themselves wandering farther from Dahlia than planned as they chatted about what was on the russet male's mind. It had grown dark before they'd realized how late it had gotten, and the pair never made it home.

The Dawnrunners had ambushed them in the dark, the siblings' usual nighttime advantages not nearly enough to overcome the size of the attacking group. The last thing the female could remember was the jovial sneer of the one they called Azrael, his blue eyes blazing as someone else took her consciousness away.

The next weeks were nothing but a painful blur, and Kol was more than happy to be unable to see those events clearly. Her next lucid memories were of Elliott finding her, and then of the valiant and bloody rescue days later. The siblings were freed, but not without a price in the lives of two young Stormbringer males barely into maturity. The guilt of their deaths plagued Kol to no end, her hatred for her blood's ancient enemies rising to a barely controlled boil. Elliott was the only one able to hold the young female back from enacting her vengeance as her wounds healed and their children grew in her womb.

The onset of Autumn heralded the coming of the pair's beautiful offspring, a true miracle that they had survived the torturous captivity their mother had faced at the hands of Azrael. For a time, life in Solbjorg, surrounded by her loving family, had been idyllic. That had been until the first of her children had grown ill. The sickness spread quickly to the young pup's siblings, and nothing anyone could do seemed to lessen their suffering or soothe the ailment. One by one, the children of Kol and Elliott slipped into eternal sleep, taking with them the last bit of love their mother had for her homeland.

Now here she was, six months after being ripped from the lands she truly felt were her home, unable to pursue life elsewhere. She stood in her optime form, her violet eyes staring up at the treehouse not far from Flander's Field. Sunlight streamed through the trees to coat the structure in its warm touch. It stood as strong as the day her love had finished its construction, the wood a little worse for wear in the absence of its builder. Elliott assured her he'd follow, having a few things to take care of before settling again in Dahlia, and though she loved her mate with all of her soul she was secretly thankful for the brief chance of solitude. In the midday sun, the edges of the woman's lips twitched in the barest hint of a grateful smile, and she strode forward to lower the ladder that would gain her access to the home she'd left behind.
[/html]
[html]

Mark as private, please <3 300+

It had all been done in a hurry, accepting Kol Stormbringer yet another time. He had accepted and vanished at once, all too busy with consulting the whispering voice inside his head. He felt the body reject the black taint, but he was already beyond any help. Everything would have been so much easier if his body could cooperate with his mind. The child was crying in the consuming darkness as usual, but there was a new ring to it now. They all knew what was about to happen. Soon, soon. The large ruin of the mansion that was his mind was slowly succumbing, rotting away together with everything else inside. The weeping came from the basement. Soon, now.

Haku had not felt fear in years, but he was uneasy nowadays. Once he had had control. He should have acted back then before that fragile control escaped between his fingers like water, slipping away from him. It shouldn’t matter anymore. Haku’s mind was never restless because there was so much to browse. He thought of the one eyed woman and how wonderful it had been to rape her; ruin her. Tokyo had been different, yet not really less pleasant. Now Kol was back and he had once allowed her to see the demon. How could he have been so ignorant. Repeating those same mistakes over and over again. No, now Kol was no longer an ally. She had tossed that chance away a final time. He found that it actually bothered him that Kol’s tree house was so close to his own dwelling.

Blue eyes watched the woman walk towards the building, clearly intending to return to what once had been her home. Where the fuck had she been, really? He strode towards her, autumn leaves crunching under his clawed paws. The secui wanted her to know he was coming. He hoped for her sake that she had a fucking good explanation for leaving Dahlia de Mai again. Same thing went for returning.

[/html]
Bawwww she hates herself. XP

[html]
As he'd intended, the black Dahlian heard him coming. The noise of his footsteps was unusual, and Kol turned to meet his icey gaze, one hand still holding the braided rope of the ladder, yet not allowing it to fall just yet. The demon that faced her had once been someone she respected, still respected, if truth be told. Yet she could sense even at their brief meeting at the border the darkness that had grown inside him, a darkness she had once sworn to help him overcome if he wished it. Circumstances had interfered with that promise, but she still intended to keep it to the best of her ability, should the opportunity arise. She had never revealed to anyone the secrets her Lilium had confided that night, not even to the one she deemed her soulmate, and she never would.

Haku could rarely be described wearing an expression of happiness, but his blue gaze was hard as glacial ice as it met Kol's of soft violet. As he approached, Kol descended to one knee in a sign of respectful submission. Her shifted form was much taller than her leader's secui, so she did her best to display the difference in their station. Amethyst eyes were darkly veiled as she looked up at the chocolate demon. "Haku...I've no doubt you probably hate me now for what's happened over the past year. But thank you, once again, for letting me come home." She knew her words would more than likely be met with bitterness and venom, that much was evident in the male's curt attitude at the border and in his less-than-jovial expression now. Yet her words had to be spoken, for Haku had had every right to deny the coal-black woman entry into the land she had called home and then had seemingly abandoned without a word. Regardless of the circumstances of her disappearance, her shortcomings shamed her still, and she awaited the consequences unmovingly. It was a very good thing she'd made the journey back without Elliott. She had known how cold her homecoming may be, and she wanted Elliott to have nothing whatsoever to do with it. She would face yet another failure alone.
[/html]
[html]

300+

Hate, what was hate truly? Haku knew all such emotions, but hearing people use this word puzzled him to no end. The Lilium had once been told that hate and love was part of the same thing. Love’s opposite was indifference. To hate would then imply that he cared? Gloriously blue orbs watched her with that icy calm. He did not feel indifference, but neither did he feel hate. Seemingly he did care, at least a bit. It was because he had been weak. Had she spoken a word about what he had revealed that night? If she has, then so help me. Did she think that he actually cared about her? He was not sure if he had done the right choice allowing her to return to Dahlia. While this pack was not as strong as it had used to be, it still was not the weakest. While she had once seemed worthy it did not guarantee that she was now. Failure after failure; she was a traitor.

He would put her in place once for all, and if that would not work then he would make sure she would never be able to return. He wondered if she was expecting anything from him. ”Alexey lives together with Conor and Emwe now, so you will probably have to find another place to stay.” the man said coolly, pondering about the scent of another male on her velvet pelt. He thought it familiar but did not waste any time trying to figure it out. If he wanted to know, he would ask and she would tell. He just knew that the nosy Koios female and the unfaithful Stormbringer female had lived together in the past. Who knew what they had done to kill time back then. He had not seen his sons for quite a while now. They should be mostly grown, ready to be useful finally. He would have to take a trip over to their home soon and put them to work.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

<3 Man, I AM really rusty. DX I feel like I'm writing in circles. *flails*

In Character

There was no sign whatsoever of the confidence he'd once displayed in her. Kol had squandered her leader's faith, she knew that already. However, there was obviously something she'd done correctly in the past. The Stormbringer had known her chances of returning to Dahlia were slim after all that had happened, especially if Haku were the one to meet her at the border. Yet meet her he had, and without explanation had allowed her to return home. Kol was not about to push her luck by trying to find out just why he'd accepted her.

The information the male provided only affirmed what the woman had already assumed. Her first destination in Dahlia had been her old dwelling in the cemetery, but it was immediately apparent that her old friend had taken in new roommates. Their scents were vaguely familiar, though until Haku gave their names she couldn't produce them herself. The accompanying scent she'd expected to find not only at the house but around Dahlia was that of her brother, for he'd set out months ago to return. His lack of appearance worried Kol greatly, but now was not the time for such thoughts. "Lexey probably wouldn't want anything to do with me anyway, given everything that's gone on. That house is hers more than it ever was mine, and I would never dispute that. Besides, Elliot built this treehouse himself, and it's suitable enough for our needs. But thank you, I had wondered who had moved in with her." Conor had moved in with Lexey not long after finally being found as a pup, of course it would make sense for him to still be there, and for his brother to follow. Kol could have answered the mystery of the males' scents herself had she only used her head.

The sun danced off the woman's familiar ornaments as she kept her position below the leader. Haku had not dismissed the formality and, given her precarious current standing with him, she would not move until he either let her or left. She had once been a confidante, someone the male could depend on. Yet now, everything had changed because of her, regardless of the beast's slow descent into madness. "I won't ever mention it again, but you need to know that I've never once betrayed your confidence from that night. And I will take it to my grave, if it's the only thing I ever do right in this life." Kol had no idea the direction the pair's facade of a conversation would go, but it was something that needed to be said. Her violet eyes burned with conviction, though whether the male believed her or not was his choice. It was enough for her to know she'd told him, and to know that she meant every word of it.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

Nuu, your writing is lovely as always <3 Sorry for the wait btw, seems I managed to somehow skip this thread in my last posting spree with Haku >_< 300+

Their quiet and understanding relationship they had shared was as good as nonexistent. For all Haku cared it had never existed at all. This was something that had happened in the past at a point where he had been weak and not fully himself. He knew better now, much better. She was just as worthless as the rest of them. How should this situation be handled though? Should he attempt to reel her in anyway and try to get her on his side despite the waves of repulsion her presence sent through him? The name Elliot helped on Haku’s memory and his head tilted slightly to the side. She had arrived alone. ”Am I to understand that he will soon arrive as well?” Another number, another male with brute strength. Perhaps it was not just negative that she had returned. He had never really interacted with the Oriel male though, so he knew very little about the male in general. All he knew was that he too had betrayed Dahlia.

Now she brought up the topic that really should have been left unmentioned forever. She would take it to her grave, she said? “Oh, you will,” the male rumbled unpleasantly. The voice suggested he could make sure of this right now, but if Elliot Oriel was not far behind it could be unwise. Haku did not particularly like taking risks if other options were within reach. Very well, then. ”Be careful when you’re out and about though. Dangerous things are happening. Metal jaws has been scattered around our borders and there have also been found decapitated animals on Dahlia’s soil. The territory is not as safe as it once was.” Haku figured it was probably just as good to get this topic over and done with as fast as possible. ”If you actually decide to stay this time, I’d appreciate it if you would take up your scout co-rank.”

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

No worries love! And yay, I was just now wandering the board looking for a thread to jump on. =X *loves on*

In Character

"Yes, Elliot will be returning as well, once he's tied up a few loose ends we left in Solbjorg." The woman answered her leader's question shortly and sweetly, grateful to have so far avoided the animosity she'd expected from him. Of course, she would unwittingly provoke that animosity with her next words. In trying to reassure Haku that she would never betray the trust he'd placed in her, she'd managed to pour salt in an open wound. The Lilium's entire demeanor changed with the three little words he uttered, and Kol had to physically keep the shudder at bay that threatened to dislodge her spine. It was the first time she'd ever felt less than comfortable around Haku, and though the darkness within her Stormbringer blood began to stir at the challenge, she knew that to provoke the male further would be suicide.

Thankfully, the venom in Haku's fangs subsided and he moved on to another subject. Kol's black ears perked at his next words, her violet eyes narrowing in concern. The metal jaws were new to her, though she seemed to remember her grandfather speaking of similar things he'd come across in his years as a loner. He always spoke of them as either already closed or rusted to disorder however. The ones Haku mentioned now were spoken of with the unmistakable air of threat to them, indicating that these particular fangs still worked. The fact that they were placed around Dahlia's borders, along with Haku's revelation of decapitated animals, meant only one thing: someone was toying with the pack. Someone wanted it known that they could move about the borders of Dahlia unmolested, leaving behind a malicious ambush for its members without them ever knowing they were in danger. It also meant that patrols would have to be stepped up, and measures taken to assure the safety of the entire Dahlian pack.

Haku's next words were met with a respectful dip of Kol's dark head, his offer echoing her previous thoughts. Co-rank or no, she would have done whatever she could to protect Dahlia anyway. "I'd be honored to resume my duty as scout. Thank you. If I might ask, when did these things start showing up at the border? Do we have any idea at all who's responsible?" She knew they were probably redundant questions, as Haku would have already mentioned if he had any idea who was behind the threats. Regardless, she asked them anyway. "Has anyone been hurt?" Perhaps it had been a blessing her children had never grown old enough to make the trek to Dahlia. She couldn't imagine what she'd have done had any of them faced a nameless danger like this. Dealing with open attacks and threats from the Dawnrunners was one thing, facing an unknown enemy who used underhanded and dishonorable methods was entirely another.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for crappy reply!

Of course this opened up for a longer dialogue. Haku gave a mental sigh before he stepped closer to her form and sat down. Her question forced his mind to wander backwards. One or two moons perhaps? More? ”Been going on for a few month’s I believe, but the animal carcasses are relatively fresh. I found the first one not too many days ago.” That was back when he had first met the odd, white female with the fiery red hair and strange attitude. He was grateful that more and more seemed to notice and take up the discussion about what was happening. If this went on much further, who knew what would happen. Only one person: the one fucking around with Dahlia de Mai. His throat rumbled darkly before he moved to attempt to answer her next question. ”At first I believed it was Svara Thames because of a weak lingering scent of lavender, but according to gossip she left the lands a while ago.” The male had not yet received the news that the silly female had returned to Cour des Miracles only to commit suicide. He would take those news very well and laugh. Svara would probably never been able to keep such a game up anyway. She had never been particularly smart or gifted in any way. ”So I’m rather clueless, actually.” the male continued, allowing blue orbs to leave her form in order to gaze out in the direction of the closes borders. ”I’ve dealt with this problem alone so far. Cercelee does not seem to care either way, which is a shame.” The first seed had now been thrown to Kol. Haku wondered if it would be allowed to grow.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

It was not crappy. *thwaps* But wow mine is! D8

In Character

Kol furrowed her brow as Haku's information sank in. She remembered Svara only vaguely, having had very little contact with the angsty adolescent. What she did remember was the apparent hatred Svara bore for Haku, her contempt for Cercelee, and her complete lack of self control. Haku knew the child better than most though; Kol trusted his judgement.

The Lilium's next words were met with some surprise from the former scout. Haku Soul was usually highly intuitive about the enemies Dahlia faced, more often than not because those enemies became so as a direct result of the co-leader himself. For him to openly admit being dumbfounded denoted a mysterious adversary indeed. The male's statement about the Rosea fell on Kol less sharply. Cercelee was a good leader, yet Kol had always felt the dirtier aspects of leadership were better handled by Haku. It was no surprise that the Rosea was leaving the handling of this latest crisis to her demonic partner. "Cercelee has always struck me as more the diplomatic leader of Dahlia. Maybe she simply trusts that you'll take care of the messier aspects behind the scenes. Who knows? There could be a thousand different reasons it seems she doesn't care, legitimately not caring being one of them." It was something to keep in the back of the woman's mind at least. Kol never judged anything on first appearance, neither enemy nor comrade. "I can start up my old patrols immediately and keep my eyes open for anything that could let us know exactly what's going on. Is there anything more you want me to do, Lilium?"

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

300+

Haku’s face summoned up a smile as Kol took up the thread about Cercelee, but the smile was dead and filled with disbelief in the woman’s words. ”Maybe. She’d do well with changing her attitude either way, because treating the one doing the dirty work just like an insignificant dimwit without a brain does not do wonders for the motivation to serve under her any longer.” If the dimwits of Dahlia could only see how wrong it was to have the arrogant white wolf on top of the hierarchy. If they only knew how useless she was. He actually wondered what exactly she was doing during her days. He was investigating this, patrolling the borders. What did she do? Anything at all? Fuck her retard mate and hope that she would soon conceive and get children that would not be able to run away from her care? His jaws grinded together soundlessly. Cercelee was one of few that managed to sent his frustration up into high and dangerous levels. His anger and disgust for his alphess did not reach the surface of his outer calmness however, but it was clear that the man did not believe that the Rosea had any legitimate reason for not caring about her pack.

Kol Stormbringer could do whatever she wanted, she would probably not be able to stay for very long this time either. ”Sure, knock yourself out.” the chocolate coated male answered with a shrug, not really caring about what she did. Technically she could not be trusted with an official co-rank as of now. ”What else you could do if you really felt up for it is to go check what our Alphess actually does during the days since she is too busy for urgent Dahlia matters.” His voice was bitter when he said these last words, an obvious sign that he was growing tired of feeling like the only one doing things around here. His orbs were sharp on her now, almost challenging her to do just what he had suggested.

[/html]