Fate's Fancy
[html]

Please excuse the slight powerplay ^_^

Slate and ivory furred arms began to shiver as the cold of winter finally took hold of Ruri's petite form. She could only imagine how Sylvie felt, being both smaller than Ruri and wet. At the sound of Sylvie's stuttering inquiry Ruri smiled and nodded. Surely there were quite a few questions that the pup would ask. However, those would have to wait until they were inside. The fragile border collie could no longer stand the cold, and while it would be difficult, she would have to carry Sylvie inside as she too was probably cold. "Yes, sisters. We'll talk inside. It's far too cold out here and you need to dry off," she whispered in a comforting tone as she slowly stood up, her ankle twinging in discomfort as Ruri forced it to bear her weight. She would endure the lingering pain for now for she would not drop Sylvie. That would get their relationship off to a very bad start.

So, with one arm hugging Sylvie to her chest, Ruri scampered up the stairs of her front porch, opened the front door and slipped inside of the fire-warmed house. Ruri quickly and quietly moved towards the couch, where she softly set Sylvie down. The large seat was positioned directly in front of the fireplace, which would surely help warm the pup and dry her off at the same time. Then, with a few quick steps Ruri rushed into her bedroom and slipped into her grey, cashmere tunic. Then, grabbing one of the blankets from her bed, Ruri returned just as quickly as she had left. "Alright, Sylvie, now that we're out of the cold, I'm sure you have questions. I'll do my best to answer them," she explained, her soprano voice carrying a soothing tone in an attempt to make the pup feel at home. She knew it was probably a bit unnerving for the pup to have her newly discovered sister bringing her into her home. So, as Ruri gently wrapped Sylvie in the blanket, she did her best to be gentle.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread