Fate's Fancy
[html]

ooc

Backdated to Sunday

It had been a couple of weeks now. The ivory and merle female finally pushed herself up from her couch and stood, albeit with some pain, on her injured ankle. This had been the first time she had been able to put her full weight on the injured limb since she fell and sprained it. Now she was going to start walking again, not far, but just enough to start regaining some of her mobility. It was doubtful she would venture far beyond her front porch for another week or two. For now, though, Ruri Aceline the new Dauphine and therefore sub-leader of Cour des Miracles was simply going to revel in the fact that her ankle was finally healing.

It was mid-day by the time Ruri ventured forth from her home, her slender arms propping her unsteady form up against the walls for support. The day had warmed a little bit, but for the fragile Border collie, the warm weather of winter was still cold. Today, though, she would savor the cold, for a moment at least. Then, when she could no longer stand it, she would hobble back inside and put her clothes on. Her arms wrapped around her chest, keeping them as close to her body as possible in an attempt to conserve warmth. It took a few labored steps but she finally reached the top step of her front porch stairs where she quickly sat down, resting her ankle which now throbbed from the sudden exertion. It was all worth it though. This was the farthest she had walked in almost two weeks. The cold air nipped at her petite form. Even though being cold was not something she enjoyed, the simple thought that being chilly was a change from the monotonous lifestyle she had lived lately was worth it. In a few minutes she would scramble back inside as quickly as possible and curl up in front of the fire, in her lupus form. That was another thing she wanted to try today. She hadn't been able to shift lately because the pain it caused to her sprained ankle. It might be possible that today the pain would be bearable enough for her to shift forms. That way she could enjoy sleeping in her favorite form to rest in.

[/html]
[html]

Table © Alaine
OOC: NOMNOM... sorry for taking so long. |D *Note to self, dated 11/22/09.*
WC: 461

Bounce, bounce, slide to the right, slide to the left... splash! A little Lilac collie vanished beneath a slightly large wave as she slid to the left, closer to the waters of the ocean. She came back out, spluttering, soaked, and slightly less happy. Sylvie was her name, and being silly was her game. In order to amuse herself this slightly chilled day, the little 2 month old was off checking out the territory closest to her current home base, the Chien Hotel. But, as it was a slightly chilled day, being wet had not been part of her plan.

"Stupid wave!"

Grumbling, the little tyke shook her thickening coat out, happy she was basically waterproof. Continuing on her trek, violet gems focused ahead once again, noting various landmarks to help her get back. She had gone about a mile at this point, quite a distance from her homestead for a 2 month old. But by later in the week, the young girl hoped to make it down to the 'ranch' she had heard about, and check out the stables in it. Maybe they have sheep and need a herding dog! She thought, smiling to herself. She was a significantly accomplished herding dog given her age, having handled sheep and other livestock in her parents exploits. Deep purple gems scanned sandy and wet surroundings, and finally settled upon a little house not far up the beach. Folded ears perked up in anticipation- a place to dry off!

Picking up her pace, the young lady crossed the short distance to the house, tongue lolling, admiring the cute exterior, ears picking up strange jingling as she grew closer to a few trees... until she stopped short, skidding in the sands, dodging a decently sized rock as she stared in shock at the dog on the steps of this house. M.... mother?! She gaped for a moment or two, lovely amethyst eyes wide in surprise. Overcome with happiness, the poor abandoned girl clung to a fragile hope, one she had held since arriving in Cour Des Miracles- that her parents would come and get her.

"Mommy!"

Tiny cream paws kicked up sand as the whelp went into a full out sprint, leaping over smaller rocks and side-stepping larger ones. If she had been put into an agility competition like this, Sylvie would have been quite a hit. Bounding up the stairs, the young girl would attempt to land squarely in the female's lap, a happy smile plastered onto her face.

"Mommy, I knew you would come for me! I knew it!"

A pleased giggle left the tiny lilac and white female, excitement coloring her movements- wagging rump and smiling, gasping face, bright, bold, gorgeous gems wide and glowing. Finally, her wishes had been granted!

[/html]
[html]

Ack lousy post, but at least I got something posted ^_^

The chill wind buffetted her face, and the blue merle collie began to second guess her choice to come sit outside, unclothed. However, her mind quickly reinforced her original reason for coming outside. This small excursion into the cold was a change, a change from the boring lifestyle she had been restricted to these past few weeks. This change, however, small would in somewhat satisfy her need to be active. Gradually these excursions would lengthen as her ankle continued to heal. She'd be back to normal in no time. The slender dauphine was quickly snapped from her day dreaming by the high cry of a puppy. Half-folded ears perked curiously as the blind femme turned her head so that she was facing the sound. Her abnormally keen ears could hear the source of the voice dashing towards her, and Ruri quickly felt a damp bundle of fur landing in her lap squealing about how she knew her mom would come for her. The sudden contact from the wet pup sent a flood of sensations coming to Ruri's mind quickly identified the small creature as a puppy, and a wet one at that. What Ruri didn't understand was how this pup could have mistaken her for her mother. Was this pup a dog too? "H-hold on for a moment little one. I'm sorry, but I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I'm not your mommy," she replied compassionately. She hated to think how upset this young girl might be when she realized that Ruri was not her mother. It peaked the lautari's curiosity as to where this pup was from. She smelled like the pack, which likely meant she was a member of the pack, but Ruri knew of no other dogs in the pack that looked like her. Ruri, of course, did not know how she looked or how her other pack members looked since she was blind. However, her friends had repeatedly told her how unique she looked. From what she gathered, she looked entirely different from the wolves and coyotes that inhabited the surrounding regions. This pup surely had to be a dog, then, in order to mistake Ruri for her mother. Again Ruri could only wonder who this pup was and where she was from.

[/html]
[html]

Table © Alaine
OOC: AGAIN, sorry for taking so long. |D
WC: 277

Happy visage and wagging tail slowed and dropped. Raised folded ears fell back against the sides of little lilac head and violet gems lost their light. Of course, of course... this couldn't be her mother... her mother was still back in Florida, in the warmth of the famined town from which she had been birthed. Tears welled up in the two month old's eyes as her heart broke again, memories of days before her arrival breaking the levies in her mind.

"Ah... I... I'm sorry..."

She sniffed, fighting back the crocodile tears threatening to spill forth. The little puppy shivered against a chilly wind as she stepped off of the stranger's lap and onto her steps, sitting hard down upon them. Of course, of course... her mother was never coming back for her... never loved her, never wanted her... never enjoyed her company. Though her back remained turned to the blind female, looked back at the older collie.

"You just... look a lot like my mother... same blue, merle-patterned fur, same folded ears..."

She looked at Ruri, sighing. You have everything but her eyes... And yet Sylvie looked very little like her mother, except for her eyes. No, instead, the little violet-eyed lilac looked similar to her father, with her redder coat, saddle-like markings, and socked paws. White muzzle drooped to face the cold step beneath her, small body shivering with the effort it took not to cry, not to mention the cold around her. Tiny maw opened once more in apology, tiny, melodic voice laced with cracks.

"I'm... sorry to have bothered you, and gotten you wet..."

At least she could apologize for her mistakes, right?

[/html]
[html]

ooc

At the revelation that Ruri was not her mother, this new pup had saddened as would be expected. However, Ruri was not one to let such emotion's go without an attempt to comfort them."Oh, no you don't need to apologize," she explained, her half-folded ears turned back in sadness for the pup's loss. Ruri felt the young dog shivering as she moved from Ruri's lap to the porch steps. The ivory and merle femme would have to invite this young stranger inside. After all, no pup should be out in the cold like this, especially when they were wet. However, before Ruri could make her offer, young Sylvie explained her reasons for mistaking Ruri for her mother. Ruri's hand came to her mouth in an expression of shock as the pup explained that Ruri looked just like her mother. Immediately faint, supressed memories re-surfaced from Ruri's early pup-hood. The day when Ruri had just begun to distinguish the meanings of words that the adult around her spoke. Of course, she had no visual data to associate the words with, but when her parents spoke Ruri had listened. At the time she had loved her parents what else could she have done at such a young, helpless age. Ruri could remember hearing her father saying something to the effect of "It's a shame she's blind, she looks just like you" then her mom had replied something to the contrary in a rather snappy, irritated tone as if mad that her mate would dare compare the appearance of such a pitiful creature to her own.

Ruri's brief, imageless flashback ended only as tears of her own began to fall from her eyes. Then she spoke, with a quivering voice, barely catching the pup's second apology. "I-I'm sorry to ask, dear, but where are you from and what's your name? M-my name is Ruri, Ruri Aceline." She didn't want to reveal anything yet, she had to make sure that this pup was indeed her sister. Ruri had no real ties to her family down south, nor did she desire any. She had all the family she needed with Jac and Heath, but if this pup was indeed related to her, Ruri would do her best to bond with her. Perhaps they might be able to enjoy a small semblance of the sibling relationship Ruri had been denied by her littermates as they had done nothing but hurt her both physically and emotionally when she was a pup.

[/html]
[html]

Table © Alaine
WC: 281

Quietly, the little lilac girl bit back tears and awaited the merle's cross voice, pointing out her every flaw, scorning the heartbroken babe for her ridiculous fantasies and childish whims. This collie was certainly not her mother, and most certainly allowed to bite her head off for being stupid. And yet, when her gentle maw opened, all that spilled forth was a quivering, wavered question, and a quiet introduction. Violet gems widened, frothy drops of the frozen ocean clinging to posts in the corners of long lashes. Confusion slipped across Sylvie's soft, downy face as she offered a tenative answer to the newly titled "Miss Ruri."

"M-my name is S-S-Sylvie Ciel... I was stranded here after living in Florida..."

Finally, unable to stay back any longer, heavy drops of clear liquid dispersed themselves from tightly clenched eyes, plip-plopping upon the cold step the pup sat on. The young fem couldn't handle the mass of broken dreams and unhappy memories that washed over her upon mentioning her former home. Visions of that terrible night her mother shoved her into that dingy and sent her floating on the seas without even looking back spilled over the dark levy erected in her thoughts. Curling into a little ball, white tipped tail curved beneath slightly chubby body, the three month old pup whimpered quietly. A barely audible whisper left clenching maw as the tiny girl finally began to bear the heavy truth of her existence.

"After my mother abandoned me..."

And left her to die at the mercy of the sea, lost to the only world she knew and loved. Left to be taken away from her captive lifestyle... allowed to be lost to existence.

Speak. Think. Walk.

[/html]
[html]

ooc

Ruri's tears that had started out sad due to the pain of the resurfacing memories slowly became happy as Sylvie introduced herself in a similarly quivering voice to her own. Slowly, Ruri moved forward, being careful to avoid putting any weight on her ankle. She could not see Sylvie, but the sound of her voice coupled with her crying led Ruri's delicate hands to find the pup's small form. The information Sylvie had divulged had sealed the deal in Ruri's mind. There was little chance of Sylvie having a different mother than Ruri's. Ruri had been said to look just like her mother and Ruri's mother had lived down in Florida, though Ruri barely remembered the name of the place. Finally, sad as it was, Ruri's mother had a horrid tendency for abandoning her least favorite pups in fashions that left them little chance for survival. Ruri had been left to starve in a place where she could smell no familiar scents, or hear any familiar voices. Poor young Sylvie had been abandoned, likely in a similar fashion. Ruri now knew, this small pup was her sister.

Soft, white-furred hands gripped the pup ever so gently as slender arms scooped her up, pulling her wet form close to her chest. "There, there Sylvie, it's okay. This is a good place. With lots of nice people. You've found your real home here," she began by trying to console the crying pup. No need to simply drop the whole bomb at once. She would have to be somewhat subtle. It might involve divulging some information that she had tried to suppress for much of her life, but it would mean that Sylvie would have time to realize that Ruri was telling the truth."Sylvie, I need you to listen to me for a second okay?" she began, her hand stroking the back of the pup's head as Ruri knelt there on the freezing cold ground, "I have some important things to tell you. You see...I'm from Florida too. So is King Jacquez. My mother...when I was little people said I looked a lot like her...but my mother didn't like me because I'm blind. She hated me because I couldn't see. I wasn't normal like her other children. When I was little, a bit younger than you," she guessed, judging by how big the pup felt and how much she weighed in her arms, "My mother abandoned me...left me to die where I was all lost and alone. You see, I think my mom...that mean person who did that do me...might have been your momma too. What I mean to say is, I think we're sisters," she finished, tears of joy falling down her face as she did her best to smile in the direction of the pup so that she could see. Ruri hadn't intended to refer to their mother as mean, although in truth Ruri hated her with every fabric of her being. In all truth her mother was the only person that Ruri harbored any malice towards. That was part of the reason the sweet, innocent Border collie rarely brought up her past. She hated the idea that she might get upset about her mother and start talking meanly. However, the dislike had slipped into Ruri's explanation slightly. Hopefully Sylvie would not pick up on it and would instead focus on the more important thing that Ruri had revealed. They were siblings!

[/html]
[html]

Table © Alaine
WC: 546

Silence washed over the pair of women for a little while, the younger girl still curled within herself as the older woman's thoughts seemed to collect. The lilac pup thought nothing of joy could ever come out of her terrible ordeal, and certainly, the silence only seemed to confirm that. Suddenly, gently, the little off-chocolate bundle found herself gently being lifted into the air, and cradled close to the blue merle's warm chest. Taken aback, the young female could do nothing but hang suspended in white ruffed slate, struck with the shock of obviously making the older dog wet again. Words of consolation flowed quietly from the older collie's mouth, causing the child to bury her face in soft white ruff.

She felt strangely at ease, despite being carried about by a stranger. She missed being cared for, carried and babied like the pup she was supposed to be. Only in the very early days of her life had such warmth even attempted to be shown to her. She was unsure what to do besides cry- which she did quite profusely. Though they were not wracking, shaking sobs, it was certainly obvious the whelp was harboring a heavy heart. Once asked to listen, Sylvie could find no reason (nor was able) to not do so. Slender fingers slipped through soft puppy ruff as Ruri began her story.

First was the realization that this collie too was from Florida. Such a thing made the girl feel almost immediately attached to the woman she so clung to- surely, then, she understood the squalor of the swampy areas from which she hailed? This comforted Sylvie as she registered the next thing. Blind...? Well, that would explain why Ruri's eyes were blue yes... but for all that her mother had dug in that little puppy brain about the uselessness of a blind creature, Ruri seemed to get along just fine as she was. And yet Ruri's mother had abandoned her just as Sylvie's mother had abandoned her. Sylvie had never found out that she was a bastard child, born of a terrible rape and tossed as soon as her worth ended, but she had an inkling of not belonging to her 'father'. Her pelt colors didn't fit what he could give, after all.

And then came a bombshell. Something the intelligent little girl had never considered. They were related? Sisters, even? Deep violet gems opened wide in shock and amazement. Her terrible mother... mother to more than she? Though she still cared about the woman that shoved her into a plastic dingy and threw her out to sea, Sylvie felt confusion, anger, sadness... a whirlwind of emotions as the thought of siblings beneath her parents' rule. What terribly painful things had they done to them? Ruri was suddenly a martyr, a valkyrie among dying men. Unsure of what to say, or even do, the child awkwardly offered up something to break her bout of silence.

"S... S... Sisters?"

She had never had a sibling before- Sylvie had always been kept separate, the only child of a bastard litter. Any siblings of Ruri's litter would have been grown and gone by then. Surprise and excitement slipped in around her slowly ceasing crying jags. What was it like to have a sister?

Speak. Think. Walk.

[/html]
[html]

Please excuse the slight powerplay ^_^

Slate and ivory furred arms began to shiver as the cold of winter finally took hold of Ruri's petite form. She could only imagine how Sylvie felt, being both smaller than Ruri and wet. At the sound of Sylvie's stuttering inquiry Ruri smiled and nodded. Surely there were quite a few questions that the pup would ask. However, those would have to wait until they were inside. The fragile border collie could no longer stand the cold, and while it would be difficult, she would have to carry Sylvie inside as she too was probably cold. "Yes, sisters. We'll talk inside. It's far too cold out here and you need to dry off," she whispered in a comforting tone as she slowly stood up, her ankle twinging in discomfort as Ruri forced it to bear her weight. She would endure the lingering pain for now for she would not drop Sylvie. That would get their relationship off to a very bad start.

So, with one arm hugging Sylvie to her chest, Ruri scampered up the stairs of her front porch, opened the front door and slipped inside of the fire-warmed house. Ruri quickly and quietly moved towards the couch, where she softly set Sylvie down. The large seat was positioned directly in front of the fireplace, which would surely help warm the pup and dry her off at the same time. Then, with a few quick steps Ruri rushed into her bedroom and slipped into her grey, cashmere tunic. Then, grabbing one of the blankets from her bed, Ruri returned just as quickly as she had left. "Alright, Sylvie, now that we're out of the cold, I'm sure you have questions. I'll do my best to answer them," she explained, her soprano voice carrying a soothing tone in an attempt to make the pup feel at home. She knew it was probably a bit unnerving for the pup to have her newly discovered sister bringing her into her home. So, as Ruri gently wrapped Sylvie in the blanket, she did her best to be gentle.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: table code, image, and Filler © Jacoby!

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONGGG! D8 Hope this makes up for it. 8D

It's a Beautiful Lie,
It's the Perfect Denial

Sylvie awaited her supposed sibling's response, shivering lightly as the winds began to bite more than before. She was warm in Ruri's arms, so the frozen breezes were not as painful despite her wet demeanor, but they still were cold. The young whelp was quite able to stand the cold without Ruri, however- her coat had begun to thicken to accommodate the frigid weather she was unaccustomed to. It wouldn't take long, of course, for her to get used to a winter coat growing in each chilled season. Vivid violet orbs trained on the form of the blue merle, lost within fathomless aqua gems that could not see her back. What was it like, being blind?

Sylvie couldn't help but agree as Ruri stood, the lilac border collie pup still wrapped in her arms. She seemed to flinch as she stood, however, and the ever vigilant super Sylvie was struck with a twinge of worry. Was she hurt? Did Sylvie cause it? She shouldn't have jumped into her lap so hard at first! That had to be the cause! The pup whimpered a little, worried, but her concerns were seemingly lost on the older collie's will. Within seconds they were in the house, and Sylvie was plopped gently onto a strange, springy sort of floor. She looked down as Ruri hurried off to another room in the house. A raised floor? It reminded her of the beds in the hotel, but it looked nothing like them. What sort of contraption was this? Tenatively, the girl stood, testing it under her weight just as Ruri returned, wearing another layer of fur! What on earth is that thing?! She thought, tiny mouth opening in shock. Is it... like my dress, maybe? She wasn't wearing the lovely yellow thing, having opted out of using it as a bandanna in favor of running down the beach unhindered.

Bright, deep violet gems stared in surprise at her 'sister' as she wrapped a blanket around her, confused. Silence fell over them as Sylvie compiled a mess of questions. Finally, tiny maw opened, and a waterfall of questions poured out. "Ah... wh-what is that thing you're wearing? What is this bed-floor I'm sitting on? What is that stony thing with the fire in it's mouth? Why did you flinch when you stood up? I didn't hurt you, did I? What is it like to be blind? Why was mama so mean? Have you ever floated around in the ocean before? How far away is Florida from here? Who is that guy with the scary black eyes that turned into a devil monster when I first got here? I mean, I had a fever, so that's probably why he turned into a devil thing, but he spoke french like me! And and and..."

She paused a moment, almost sure she had another question to ask, or maybe it was more of a statement... momentarily tongue-tied, the pup offered a smile to the blind dog, then realized she couldn't see it. Her face fell as she tried to come up with something to say. "I've never had a sister before..." Was all that came out. Folded ears rose in earnest, awaiting the responses that would fulfill her well of curiosity for now.

The Name's Sylvie Ciel. Who be you? Run run run, Chase that little sheepy-pie! and now I chase those cattle, snapping at their heels as they run by.

I've got to remember
That this is all just a GAME!

[/html]
[html]

ooc

Ruri had asked for the pup's questions, and Sylvie had answered with just that, questions and a whole lot of them. Just like her older sibling the young border collie had given a thorough and complete answer, leaving nothing out. The ivory and silver femme could only smile as her keen ears processed each question and remembered them in order, preparing her answers for each one. It was likely that as soon as she answered this wave of inquiries more would follow so it would probably be best for Ruri to keep her answers short. Cashmere covered arm reached around Sylvie and gently hugged her closer, tucking the fleece blanket beneath the pup's form to provide better insulation."Well, this thing I'm wearing is called a sweater-dress, or a tunic as some people call it. It's made out of this really soft fabric called cashmere. It helps me keep warm. This thing we're sitting on is called a couch. It's like a special bed for people to sit on so that they can talk and be comfortable at the same time."

Ruri paused to think about what Sylvie meant by the stone thing with fire in it's mouth before she realized that the pup was obviously talking about the fireplace. "Well, that thing is called a fireplace. Some houses have them so that people can build fires inside without burning down the building. The fire helps keep the house warm." Sylvie's concern made Ruri smile, touched that the small pup felt worried about someone she barely knew. "Don't worry, Sylvie. You didn't hurt me. I tripped on accident when I wasn't paying attention and my leg hasn't gotten all better yet. It's almost better just not all the way yet. As for being blind, I can't really say I know how different it is. I've always been this way, so it's all I've known. I can't tell you what things look like, so I can't see things that way. But, I can tell you what things feel like, and smell like, and sound like. That's how I see things. It's not all that different from you, it's just that my eyes don't work like yours do." she explained. She had given that sort of explanation to numerous people throughout her life. Sometimes the explanations was more involved, other times it was simple. It depended upon the person asking the question.

Sylvie's next question was difficult for Ruri to answer. Why was mommy so mean? Ruri only wished she knew. To this day she could not understand how a mother could be so mean to her own children."I don't know Sylvie. Mommy seems to think that because we're different we aren't important. I don't know why she's that way, but she just is. I know that's hard to understand, but that's the best answer I can think of. I've been trying to answer the same question myself for quite a long time. Now, your last few questions all are about one big part of my life, so I'll answer them all at once. Florida is a long way from here, it would take you several days to get their from here if you walked all the way. That guy who speaks French really isn't scary at all. He's my best friend. He found me after mommy abandoned me and raised me. Up until I met you, he was the only family I had. His name is Jacquez, but I just call him Jac. He's the King of Cour des Miracles. That means he's in charge. He's very nice if you take some time to get to know him. He might not seem like it at first, but I bet if you told him you were my sister he'd like you even more. He used to be a pirate king and we used to live on a ship and sail all across the ocean. So to answer your question, yes I have floated around on the ocean before, on a very big ship." she finished, still smiling warmly.

Sylvie had paused for awhile before stuttering out something about how she had never had a sister before. "Neither have I, Sylvie. All of my littermates were boys and they never spent a lot of time with me. So, you're the first sister I've ever had."

[/html]
[html]

OOC: *Really needs to stop taking forever...* D| Sorry it's kinda short, but it certainly gives you more questions to answer. |D

It's a Beautiful Lie,
It's the Perfect Denial

Like an energetic sponge, the wiggling bundle of Lilac and cream fur soaked in everything, wide-eyed as Ruri recounted all of her questions with to the point answers. Names for things around the house, interesting bits of Ruri's history that Sylvie could hang onto, a name for that strange man with the black eyes...

"Ja... Jacq... Jacquez...?" Sylvie frowned, surprised she was having problems with a French name. This was new to the pup, being unable to say something correctly. Tiny face scrunched up, indicative of thought. She didn't speak fluent French, oh no, but she was certainly close enough. What was so strange about his name? Thoughts drifted back to that fateful night when Ms. Alaine had found her- to Jacquez turning into a mean and scary monster. He wasn't exactly what one would call normal- at least to Sylvie. He was missing an arm, and he didn't look like any other dog she had seen. He walked on two legs, something, Sylvie realized, a lot of canines took interest in. Perhaps she would have to ask the King to be able to shift? Finally, after a few moments of silence, the child addressed her sister.

"Do you think I could just call him Mr. Jac-Jac? He's missing an arm. Maybe Mr. Missing an Arm? How'd he lose his arm? What kind of dog is he? He reminds me of a collie, like us, but he doesn't look right. He was in Florida too? How'd he get to be King? Did he steer the big boat? What was it like in a boat? Had to be different from a plastic buoy ball. Was it fun? Did you see lots of fish? He's kinda scary... do you think he could give me permission to turn into you? Like, not you, but like, that form that walks on two legs? I dunno how to do that yet- do you speak french? Maybe Mr. "Jac is Missing an Arm" will be nicer if I talk to him in French? Do you have any other friends besides him? Like who? Anyone super-special?" Ah, the unquenchable questions of the youth.

The Name's Sylvie Ciel. Who be you? Run run run, Chase that little sheepy-pie! and now I chase those cattle, snapping at their heels as they run by.

I've got to remember
That this is all just a GAME!

[/html]
[html]

ooc

Ruri took a few moments to focus her thoughts as Sylvie paused to contemplate her elder sister's answers. Of course, the silver and ivory femme knew that Sylvie would only ask more questions shortly, but she welcomed the idea. The more that she could teach the pup, the better she would feel. Surely enough, Sylvie began with her second set of questions, with an interesting inquiry regarding what she should call Jac. Her proposals for nicknames for the king made Ruri giggle before she answered,"You can call him King Jac, or King Jac-Jac. He is the King after all so you have to show him respect. I don't think he'd like being called Mr. Missing an Arm, although he might like telling you a story about how he lost his arm," she replied, before pausing to think of an answer to Sylvie's next questions. In truth Ruri couldn't remember the last story Jac had told her about how he had lost his arm. She knew he changed the story with everyone he told, so if Sylvie asked him she would likely receive an interesting answer.

"I don't know what kind of dog Jac is, but I know that he is part collie. Yes, he was from Florida too. I don't know how he got to be king. I think he was born to be a King. That's usually how it works. Yes, he sometimes drove the big boat. They call really big boats, ships. I thought it was very fun. Some of my best memories are from when we sailed around on the ship. Ruri smiled when Sylvie asked her if she saw lots of fish. Of course she didn't see any, she couldn't, but she didn't mind that the pup had asked. It was probably difficult for her to think about someone not being able to see something. "I didn't see a lot of fish, but I remember that we ate fish a lot. It was sometimes the only thing that we could eat.

Sylvies next question baffled Ruri. She'd never been asked such a question before. Did she think that she needed permission to be able to shift forms? She was a luperci, albeit a dog luperci, but a luperci no less. Ruri remembered that it had taken awhile before she had been able to shift. Her minimal understanding of the process of shifting led Ruri to believe that one had to be almost full grown before one could shift. This would no doubt disappoint the pup, but she had to learn one way or another. "I'm sorry, Sylvie, but Jac has no control over whether or not you can shift. You just have to be patient. Someday you'll learn how to do it all on your own, but you have to get a bit bigger first. Your body will let you know when you're ready. Ruri remembered the day she first learned to shift as if it had just happened yesterday. She had felt the sudden urge to change forms and before she knew it, her body was changing and suddenly she was struggling to stay standing on two legs. Jac had to help her, but eventually she became as comfortable walking on two feet as she had been on all fours. "I can understand a little French, because Jac speaks it so often, but I can't speak it. Jac might like it if you talk to him in French. He doesn't get much chance to carry on good conversations in his favorite language. As for other friends," Ruri paused for a moment, thinking of all of her packmates, at least the ones she knew. There was the entire Royal Court and of course Heath. "Yeah I have lots of friends, most of them helped start this pack. As for anyone super special...I have a very good friend named Heath. He's the Marshall of the pack. That means he takes care of the horses. What about you, Sylvie? Have you made any friends since coming here?" She asked, trying to give Sylvie equal opportunity to talk about herself. At the moment Sylvie had directed the conversation to learning about Ruri's life, but Ruri wanted to learn about her little sister. Of course, Sylvie hadn't been alive nearly as long as she had and probably had less to tell, but that didn't mean it was any less important.

[/html]