Fate's Fancy
[html]

OOC: table code, image, and Filler © Jacoby!

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONGGG! D8 Hope this makes up for it. 8D

It's a Beautiful Lie,
It's the Perfect Denial

Sylvie awaited her supposed sibling's response, shivering lightly as the winds began to bite more than before. She was warm in Ruri's arms, so the frozen breezes were not as painful despite her wet demeanor, but they still were cold. The young whelp was quite able to stand the cold without Ruri, however- her coat had begun to thicken to accommodate the frigid weather she was unaccustomed to. It wouldn't take long, of course, for her to get used to a winter coat growing in each chilled season. Vivid violet orbs trained on the form of the blue merle, lost within fathomless aqua gems that could not see her back. What was it like, being blind?

Sylvie couldn't help but agree as Ruri stood, the lilac border collie pup still wrapped in her arms. She seemed to flinch as she stood, however, and the ever vigilant super Sylvie was struck with a twinge of worry. Was she hurt? Did Sylvie cause it? She shouldn't have jumped into her lap so hard at first! That had to be the cause! The pup whimpered a little, worried, but her concerns were seemingly lost on the older collie's will. Within seconds they were in the house, and Sylvie was plopped gently onto a strange, springy sort of floor. She looked down as Ruri hurried off to another room in the house. A raised floor? It reminded her of the beds in the hotel, but it looked nothing like them. What sort of contraption was this? Tenatively, the girl stood, testing it under her weight just as Ruri returned, wearing another layer of fur! What on earth is that thing?! She thought, tiny mouth opening in shock. Is it... like my dress, maybe? She wasn't wearing the lovely yellow thing, having opted out of using it as a bandanna in favor of running down the beach unhindered.

Bright, deep violet gems stared in surprise at her 'sister' as she wrapped a blanket around her, confused. Silence fell over them as Sylvie compiled a mess of questions. Finally, tiny maw opened, and a waterfall of questions poured out. "Ah... wh-what is that thing you're wearing? What is this bed-floor I'm sitting on? What is that stony thing with the fire in it's mouth? Why did you flinch when you stood up? I didn't hurt you, did I? What is it like to be blind? Why was mama so mean? Have you ever floated around in the ocean before? How far away is Florida from here? Who is that guy with the scary black eyes that turned into a devil monster when I first got here? I mean, I had a fever, so that's probably why he turned into a devil thing, but he spoke french like me! And and and..."

She paused a moment, almost sure she had another question to ask, or maybe it was more of a statement... momentarily tongue-tied, the pup offered a smile to the blind dog, then realized she couldn't see it. Her face fell as she tried to come up with something to say. "I've never had a sister before..." Was all that came out. Folded ears rose in earnest, awaiting the responses that would fulfill her well of curiosity for now.

The Name's Sylvie Ciel. Who be you? Run run run, Chase that little sheepy-pie! and now I chase those cattle, snapping at their heels as they run by.

I've got to remember
That this is all just a GAME!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread