Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
[html]

Good to know <3 Niiiiice! 300+

He kept a strong front on at almost all times. He need to be the pillar of strength that Cour des Miracles could depend on and know that he would keep them safe from whatever would threaten them. Despite all his training though, he had yet to face a real battle. He had yet to come to that moment of truth where it would be decided if he had the strength to be a fighter or not. It scared him. It scared him more than he ever let on to anyone else. What if he failed? Failing and then having to face it afterwords was something he feared more than dying in battle. His whole status had been built around the assumption that he could fight and defend those he cared for. If that ended up being false he didn't know what he would do.

Her reassurance did some to ease his guilt but it was not all gone. He still felt he should have come back to see her sooner and more often. Maybe a part of him was afraid that if he came back too often then he wouldn't want to return back to Cour des Miracles. Even though that was his home now, he hadn't and probably never would abandon the sense of home that he got from Crimson Dreams. This was where his mother and sisters lived. His heart belonged to them and so part of him would always belong here. "I hope I can live up to my title. There's nothing that I've really had to protect them from yet." At times he wished that day would never come, but if it didn't how could he ever know?

Haven nodded solemnly at the mention of what his birth mother had done. "Mati told me what happened..." It had been something he had never expected to hear, but he did not doubt its truth. "I'm glad things are better here. How is Savina's daughter?" Hopefully she had recovered from what had happened to her. His ears perked at the happier news. "Really? That's great! I'm sure Jazz will make a great father. I'm glad they are. I've seen Mati recently, but not Brooklyn." Even longer since he had seen his brother, but none of them knew what had become of Salem.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread