Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
[html]

private
300+

The rain was steady, and yet the woman of the Sun did not mind his absence. She would always rather have his face shine on hers, but she could feel his presence beyond the cast of clouds that hid him. The female walked as steady as the rain fell, from the Manor and out towards the border. She had stayed in her room with the female that she had brought there until she knew that she was sound of health. There was not healer that could call upon, for the cuts that Colibri had sustained, so Anu had done as best she could to clean and wrap them. They both would survive the attack by Haku, though it would be some time before it would be forgotten, if ever.

She carried nothing, wore nothing, and felt weightless. Her coat was growing lighter as winter hooked claws deeper into her home, but in the mist of the rain she blended in against the naked forest. With in the Dreaming lands she felt protected and at ease. Beyond it she would be weary of the Dahilia borders, but still once again she had run from the devil of a beast and survived. His claws would forever be instilled in her mind, but when others would fear death from the beast Anu moved with more hope then terror. The experience had drawn them closer, forging their bond and finally bringing Coli to her rightful home. With that in her heart, Anu moved through the trees. Their branches pointed fingers rasping across her shoulders as she passed below them, knowing each as if family.

Her mind wandered, thoughts of Savina filing her thoughts for a moment, the knowledge she had given her as well as a window in the insecurities of her heart. She had never felt closer to the Commander as she did now, with so few secrets between them. All the wolves around her seemed to be drawing near, and it made Anu even more eager to know each. Never having spoken to him, Anu met Kansas in full just days ago and found that he was far more then her first impression. Thoughts hardly lingered and as she found a place beside the lake, a flat rock that made for a common resting place, her mind graced the memory of her children. Never had they not been hers, even with the understanding that they truly were not. Even with the estranged relationship she held with half, and with their birth mother Anu still knew them only as her own. And forever pleasantly.

[/html]
[html]

Shiny new Alli thread and table, yey! Big Grin 300+

Drogon's hooves clopped messily over the wet ground between Cour des Miracles and Crimson Dreams. Haven had waited for the rain to pass and then had headed out for his once home. There were many people that he could potentially be visiting, but the one he really hoped to see this day was his mother. It had been so long since he had seen Anu. Too long really. It wasn't like she was far away and that made a pang of guilt run through him. She may not have been blood, but she was the only parent he had who had never let him down. She had always been the one that he could go and talk to. He didn't know what he had been waiting for. For her to come and visit him? Maybe that was part of it, but he shouldn't have let it drag on this long. Part of it could have been embarrassment for what had happened between him and Princess. He didn't know if anyone had informed her of that affair. He hoped no one had. The boy didn't want her to see him in such an unflattering light.

The horse and rider were nearing the borders of his old home and he saw the dark clouds were still hanging over the area. Hopefully they would move on by the time they arrived. Haven could easily deal with the rain, but he wasn't so certain how well Drogon would hold up. This wasn't warm summer rain, but cold fall rain and the stallion didn't have a thick, bushy coat to insulate himself. If he got wet and caught a chill that wouldn't be good at all for Haven wouldn't have the first clue as to how to treat him. Cour des Miracles didn't have a healer for themselves, much less one that could take care of the horses in case they got sick. He really should go try and find some literature on the matter. Losing Drogon was not something that he even wanted to contemplate.

They approached near the lake and he saw the clouds slowly drifting off to the west and leaving the dreaming lands dripping and soggy. He was glad it had stopped raining, but this also would make locating his mother more difficult. The plan had been to track her down by scent and not have to call out and risk calling more attention to himself than he wanted. It wasn't that he didn't want to see the others, but he just wanted at least a little one-on-one time with Anu. They clopped along, jade eyes peeled for any sign of the tawny woman. Coming around a bend he caught sight of something and pulled on the reins to stop the horse. There she was. A warm feeling inhabited his chest and he turned his steed towards her, a smile on his face.

[/html]
[html]

did you pp'ing my weather???? xD kidding
300+

Blue eyes looked above. She could not count the hours she spent thinking about the being she worship. It was a mainly silent prayer, a constant acknowledgment of his presence and his gifts. It was rare for her speak of it aloud, but prayers of the heart were just as powerful and just as loud as those spoken or song, as she had heard from others. But he was lost beyond the clouds; drifting quickly at the pressure of the wind and taking it’s rain with it. Warmth was easily felt now, yet the haze would not release a blue sky. Anu simply sat. Her mind void of the thoughts that pressured her, as if the wind sent them adrift as well.

Sounds brought her from her pleasant thoughtlessness, and the woman looked to find its origin. A horse and rider approached, and the westbound winds brought the scent of her son towards her. The sight of the white accented creature forced her to take a second look, unsure if it was a figment of her wandering imagination. She stood upon the flat rock, eager to greet him. She stood in place, a smile wide across her face and the warmth of his presence enveloping her center. Never had she been unhappy to see her son, and such a thing would certainly not start this day. The woman waited until he approach, seated high upon the chestnut stead. The stallion was beautiful, unlike any free roaming mustang she had ever seen.

The two handsome creatures walked towards her, and her tail and expression showed her joy.
“Haven!” She exclaimed, energy alive in her form and voice. His visit was unexpected and pleasant surprise. Anu collected herself, trying to keep her calm façade.
“How is my Knight?” She asked, her tone less animated though she still grinned. He had always been her favorite.

[/html]
[html]

YES I DID! XD 300+

He knew that approaching as he was there was no sneaking up on her, Drogon's movements were hardly stealthy, but that wasn't his goal. Haven wanted her to see him and he wanted to see the look on her face. His mother hadn't seen him since he had truly become a knight and he found himself so eager for her approval that he felt like a small pup again. If he had been younger once again his whole body would have been vibrating from the anticipation, tail waving wildly from side to side. The boy had grown though, and he was more stoic than he once had been. If one looked closely enough, though, they would be able to see that same energy in his face; his jades sparkled with it. Haven saw her look around and find him and his companion and the smile on her face made his heart flutter. Their last few meetings had been filled with heavy conversations and it was good to feel light for once.

The mustang trotted right up beside the tawny female and as Haven pulled him to a stop he jumped off the horse and took his mother in his arms. "Hi mom," he greeted, emotion thick on his tongue. His hug was tight and he even managed to lift her off the ground a little, tail wagging quickly. With one last squeeze he set her down and pulled back, looking into her calming blue pools. "Your Knight is pretty good. What about his mother?" He hoped that she was doing well, he wanted nothing but happiness for her. If anything dared to plague her he would chase it away on his horse and with his sword. He would protect her, just as she had protected him.

Drogon softly neighed and nosed the unknown wolf, sniffing her curiously. Haven chuckled a little and patted the stallion's neck. "This is Drogon, and apparently he already likes you!" He had never seen the horse be so close with another he had never met before.

[/html]
[html]

omg love!
300+

She watched him, and saw a beast that was changed. Different from even the last time she had seen him, in shape and certainly in demeanor. He had once been a pumpkin knight, battling dragons in the pumpkin patch beside the Manor, he had changed to a boy who sought to know the meaning of love, and then to a creature conflicted and broken. He was tall, strapping and handsome. His mane grown long, longer then her own, his form clothed and taming a horse. Anu almost did not know who she looked at, but the green eyes that shined as he watched her brought her back to the pumpkin patch, back to when he was always near.

He hugged her, and Anu embraced him back with all the strength of her fragile arms. The title he gave was good to hear, sweet in her ears as she closed her eyes briefly as they hugged. She looked up at the male, and even with his question Anu just stood and looked at him. It was good to know he was well, though there was so much to know and so many questions. She knew he was of the Miracles pack, Mati had told her that much. But the Earthen toned girl had little to else say to her mother these days.
“Good.” Anu responded, good only because he had come to visit. Behind her eyes there played the dramatics of past days, and baggage that she would rather not hand to her son.

The horse was massive, and its nose huffed warm air at the woman. Anu looked at its long face, unsure what to make of it. She looked at him with a calm even face and put a hand out to greet the beast. He was beautiful, and reminded her of the strength and structure of an ancient oak. The woman smiled at the comparison. Looking back at the male Anu spoke,
“He has good taste.” Her voice was light and eager to pour her questions upon the male without restraint. But,
“Its been so long Haven.” was all she could say, emotion laden in each word. She had missed him and remembered how dear he was to her as she looked at him.
“The pack is good to you?” She asked, wanting to know that he was happy and safe, not that he needed much protection any more. Still, a mother was only as happy as her unhappiest child.

[/html]
[html]

LURRRRVE! Sorry if this is kind of weird, it took me a while to write x.x 300+

For all he had changed, to his eyes his mother didn't seem to have changed a bit and that was very comforting to him. So many things in his life as he had grown into adolescence had seemed so unstable and shifting that he hadn't had anything to grab onto. The two things that he had known would always be there had been his sister and Anu. She was as steady and true as the trees that she loved so much and he would never be able to thank her enough for being like that. When so much was uncertain it was always good to know you had at least one thing that wouldn't change on you. His mother would always love him and always be there for him, he knew.

If Haven had been able to see what had played behind the seemingly tranquil eyes that his mother held he would have no doubt flown into a protective rage. He had seen what Haku Soul could do first hand and if he had known he had harassed his mother he would have ridden to the flower pack's borders like a bat out of hell with his naked sword and done all he could to cut the man to pieces. Anger was not something that he let get the best of him often (or at least that's what he tried for) but when it came to his family he couldn't help himself. If anything ever threatened them he would stop at nothing to make it go away.

Drogon nosed Anu's hand as she put it out, most likely sniffing for his favorite snack. Haven chuckled. "She doesn't have any apples for you dummy." The stallion snorted in derision and his tail flicked, but his kind demeanor stayed in place. "It seems he does," he said smiling. At her statement he couldn't help the guilt that flooded him. His ears folded back and he looked away from her for a moment in shame. "I know...I'm sorry. I should have come to visit sooner." He had been too wrapped up in Cour des Miracles and his own problems though, lame as an excuse as that was. "Yeah, it is. I'm one of the higher ranked there, I make sure everyone's kept safe." It was a duty to the yearling took very seriously. "How are things around here?" Haven would always care for Crimson Dreams and he hoped that things were as good as always.

[/html]
[html]

wasn't weird to read <33
400 on the dot xD

Never before this period of her life had Anu held any secrets. She was plain as day, wearing her emotion and her life on the fringes of her muted tawny pelt. And then, as her world began to twist and turn with the changes of relationships and loyalties Anu found that it was best if she kept certain things hidden. It was to protect those around her, to shield them from the pain that she feared they would endure. The woman would not breathe a word of the experience within the Dahlia borders to her son. Never would she speak of it. But there was fear rising in her chest, a worry the evil that lived within those boundaries would filter out into the homes of those she loved. Maybe she would mention it, warn him against it. But then would he question further, would he grow curious and venture north to challenge the creature that Anu believed to be heartless and void of any soul?

Anu was pushed from the thought when she felt the nudge of the horse’s velvet nose. Eyes focused on the dark eyes of the long face, and the mother met Haven’s smile with one of her own. The guilt soon came to her face, and she shook her head and spoke to comfort him. “I’m glad you’re happy there.” Her tone was genuine, even if she missed him more then he would ever know. She would not need to worry if he was always under her watch, but his happiness was priority. The pack gave him his rightful sense of purpose, and Anu would never wish to take that away from him. “That suites you. Every pack needs a guardian.” Finding that Haven was among the higher ranks was not surprising at the least. He had been born to leaders, raised with the love of a pack and held the instincts of an alpha.

“Things have settled, after Naniko’s leave.” Anu explained with a calm tone, wondering silently how much he knew of his birth mother’s incident. She wouldn’t allow any bitterness to seep into her voice, and changed the topic quickly. “Another litter has been born, to Jazper and Savina’s sister Ghita… Your sisters are well.” Anu informed as she thought of all those that lived in the Manor. They missed him, but Anu was finished placing any more guilt on the male.

[/html]
[html]

Good to know <3 Niiiiice! 300+

He kept a strong front on at almost all times. He need to be the pillar of strength that Cour des Miracles could depend on and know that he would keep them safe from whatever would threaten them. Despite all his training though, he had yet to face a real battle. He had yet to come to that moment of truth where it would be decided if he had the strength to be a fighter or not. It scared him. It scared him more than he ever let on to anyone else. What if he failed? Failing and then having to face it afterwords was something he feared more than dying in battle. His whole status had been built around the assumption that he could fight and defend those he cared for. If that ended up being false he didn't know what he would do.

Her reassurance did some to ease his guilt but it was not all gone. He still felt he should have come back to see her sooner and more often. Maybe a part of him was afraid that if he came back too often then he wouldn't want to return back to Cour des Miracles. Even though that was his home now, he hadn't and probably never would abandon the sense of home that he got from Crimson Dreams. This was where his mother and sisters lived. His heart belonged to them and so part of him would always belong here. "I hope I can live up to my title. There's nothing that I've really had to protect them from yet." At times he wished that day would never come, but if it didn't how could he ever know?

Haven nodded solemnly at the mention of what his birth mother had done. "Mati told me what happened..." It had been something he had never expected to hear, but he did not doubt its truth. "I'm glad things are better here. How is Savina's daughter?" Hopefully she had recovered from what had happened to her. His ears perked at the happier news. "Really? That's great! I'm sure Jazz will make a great father. I'm glad they are. I've seen Mati recently, but not Brooklyn." Even longer since he had seen his brother, but none of them knew what had become of Salem.

[/html]
[html]

tralalalaalaa <33
300+

A false peace had settled over the lands of ‘Souls, but Anu knew better then to believe it. There was a threat from the Haku male, a threat that even she did not understand. It was greater now, beyond the incident that she had been involved with. Even though she was unaware of the shift in power in the Dahlia pack, Anu could still sense the tension just beyond their borders. It was a war in the making, and what peace loving beasts would be caught in the cross fire, Anu did not know. Anu smiled at her son, listening to his concern and hoping that he would never be tested. She settled on giving a warning of the Dahlia pack, only if and when the time was right.

Her demeanor was as sullen as his when thoughts of Naniko passed through her mind. Mati hardly spoke to her, their words ones of passing and brief. Anu worried about her, locked in her room for hours and hours, with only art and paints for her company. The mother had thought companionship had come to her in the form of the Chance male, yet she never saw them together. Anu was glad that the siblings had stayed close.
“Cambria is fine, all grown up too.” Anu spoke in response with a smile. The pups of the past spring were just about grown to their fullest, and no one surprised that their demeanor was a pleasant as their parents.

Anu nodded, a smile forming to her face with the thought of the happy families that surrounded her.
“Jaz has never been happier.” Anu spoke with honesty and the picture of the black wolf the day his pups had been born. Anu looked at him for a prolonged moment, silence settling as she dreamed up a great big idea.
“When will I have grandpups?” Anu asked with a small smirk, the idea made her heart skip, and erased all unhappiness that her own empty womb might bring. Haven would make just as great a father as any, and Anu could spoil grandpups without guilt.

[/html]
[html]

I have Pokerface stuck in my head D: 300+

Haven already knew what Haku Soul was capable of, he had seen it with his own eyes. Though that shadow that Cour des Miracles had been formed under was very distant from his mind now. The male hadn't troubled them any more to his knowledge. In fact, Svara had been the one to cause the most recent problems. It was probably horribly callous of the male, but he felt no sorrow or remorse over her suicide. He hadn't wished her dead by any means, but she had been a thorn in the pack's side since her return and he was happy that she was no longer around to cause problems. If she had still been around and caused another scene like she had with Firefly then the Knight would have done all in his power to get her permanently banned from the lands. Internal conflict was something that could kill a pack faster than any outside force.

It was strange to think about how close he was to his sister and yet he knew so little about her everyday life. What she did here and who she spent her time with. He had gotten the sense that something could have been developing between her and Princess' brother and he had conflicted feelings about it. He didn't think Ares was a bad guy, but he was going to be suspicious of any man that took an interest in Mati. "Wow really? It's been that long?" It was a little mind-boggling that Savina's litter was all grown up. They had been born right before he had fled to hide in the city. Had it really been that many months?

"That's wonderful, I'm glad he's happy." The large, dark male had been great with him and his siblings when they had been little. It was great to hear that he finally had kids of his own to take care of. His mother's next question caught him off-guard and it was a good thing he hadn't been eating or drinking anything because he probably would have choked on it. "Uhhh...wow...I..." His mind flashed to Princess and how pups were made and he had to shake his head to clear it of the images it conjured. "I don't know. I don't know if I'm ready to be a dad yet," he said with an awkward chuckle. "I am kind of seeing a girl that lives here though. Her name's Princess." Haven wanted to share this information with her, he only hoped that she would not ask about their first meeting.

[/html]
[html]

!!
300+

It would be her greatest wish to watch over her children every day. Just to see them grow in every manner. Her worrying would be calmed and she would not miss as much as she was sure she did day in and day out. Anu would not miss the growth of Haven’s delegation; she would see that he was beyond even her expectation in fighting skill and tactic. She would be part of his mission of defense and when all else failed, Anu could try to protect him herself. She had done little to free Coli from Haku’s grasp, but perhaps if she hadn’t arrived the male would have take her in that indecent way once more. Or, he would have killed her. Though the regrets about his move were present, Anu knew that this was the best thing that could happen for the orange knight. She watched him in the most simplistic of ways, the motion of his hands in conversation, the stance he took, his strait back and the way his ears folded at the sadden change of her voice. All of that reminded her of the past, and yet each held an essence that was unfamiliar to her, new and mature.

Anu nodded at his question. The litter was very much grown, though not a year old yet. Their kind matured at the same pace as their more feral brethren, and at a year shy they had almost peaked at their height and length. There, of course, would still be so much maturing to occur, but they each had plenty of time. It was his response to her last question that Anu was searching for. In some ways she was just looking for that reaction, not an answer. But once he recovered from the shock of the notion he followed through with some surprising news. The mother looked at the male with wide eyes, and a smile.
“One of the Chance siblings?” She questioned, though she already knew the answer.
“She’s pretty.” Anu commented with yet another smirk. The more she thought of it the more she desired a little pack of grandpups and Mati was the pack nanny, but her mind was very far from motherhood. Haven had always shown great potential in the ways of a father.
“I would love some, but...” She spoke with hands raised in defeat,
“only when your ready.” her tone was light and humorous.

[/html]
[html]

300+

Haven missed living in the same pack as his family, it was something that he would never deny. He was thankful that Cour des Miracles had settled so close to Crimson Dreams though. It only took a fairly short ride to make it from one pack to the other. Still, he knew there was so much in their lives that he was missing out on. He was unaware of the great painter his sister was becoming; he'd never even seen one of her pieces. The male was completely ignorant to the fact that there was a new woman in his mother's life. More surprising yet that he already knew her. Not to mention the countless other daily details and events that he missed out on. If only there a way for him to be in both places at once. For him to have both his family and the sense of pride and purpose he gained from his new home. Unfortunately that was impossible, and for now, this was the only way things could be.

Of course he wanted to have pups of his own sometime, but there were so many things that he needed to figure out before then. He wanted to be older, for one. Probably at least two years old instead of barely over one. That, and he needed a mate. Princess very well could be the one for him but right now they were living in two different packs. He didn't mind that for now, but once things got more serious and the notion of children were on the horizon he would want them to be living together so they could build a proper family. Whenever he was a father he wouldn't be able to stand not being there all the time for his kids.

Haven nodded, blushing a little at the fact that Anu at least knew who Princess was and had seen her. "Yeah...she is..." He was thankful though that it appeared that she hadn't heard anything about how they had met. The Aatte male honestly thought he would die of shame if she ever knew how recklessly he had acted in that situation. He smiled back at her when she said that she only wanted grandpups when he was ready for them. "I definitely want pups, I just still feel so young myself. And I want to make sure that I do all I can to make sure I do right by them." He wanted to give his pups the chance at a better home life, the kind they deserved.

[/html]
[html]

reply, NOW D:
SSWM - 523

Though Anu would never leave Crimson Dreams, at least not on her own accord, she had imagined such a tragic moment. Anu would have to be pushed from the borders by a factor beyond her control, and even then she would fight to stay. Now that Colibri was part of the pack it would be harder for her ever to go, but the thought of leaving Savina left a more painful feeling then leaving behind her almost lover. The loyalty she felt towards the Commander was stronger then any budding relationship she conjured at this time. But, Anu would take a small holiday to visit Haven’s grandchildren when ever they might be born. The tawny elder could not help but wonder if Haven’s future mate (whether is be Princess or not, since Anu did not know the strength of their relationship) would be accepting of her presence when the future birth occurred. But still her heart fluttered with excitement at the idea, even if it was her imagination that created the situation.

Anu had seen the female they spoke of at the pack’s gathering, dressed to the nines and looked beautiful. Though the female found the pelt nature had given one beautiful and attractive, the girl certainly knew how pick articles that flattered her figure. Anu was not one to wear the human’s leftovers, but it seemed like the Chance girl had either altered some of the pieces herself, or made them entirely. The mother was happy with keeping her pelt clean and shiny, and simplicity would always come before elaborately decorated dresses. But, as she looked at her well dressed son Anu could see the two wolves stand beside each other without trouble.

The mother could not help but smile, the idea of having grandpups filling her imagination and the smile he wore himself. But his words made her face change slightly, and her smile was harder to keep alive. Of course he wanted those things for any future Aatte offspring to have everything that they deserved and then some. She was proud of him, though it was no surprise, for being so utterly responsible. Others were careless and thought little about bringing new live into the world. But not her son, and she had to control herself to keep from shedding tears of pride. She cleared her throat softly, looking away for a moment before returning her gaze once it was free of renegade tears.

“You know I’ve always been proud of you.” She stated, her voice soft and emotional. Anu felt her voice come forth stronger as she explained,
“I think your making the right decision, and I am glad that Cour des Miracles has been good to you.” She fidgeted slightly, and took a step backwards. Her emotional tears were lost, as the Dreamer grew serious. Her readied herself to give her small warning to the Knight.
“You should know that there is trouble in Dahlia, stay away from there.” Anu hadn’t known how to word the warning, in order to not make her son too worried or curious about how she knew that Haku was a unrestrained monster.

[/html]
[html]

ZOMG! SoSuWriMo 556

Anu had always been his mother. Those two words were permanently connected within his head. He didn’t care that they shared no blood. Blood meant very little to him, in the end. Who could blame him with the blood of a rapist and murderer and an addict flowing through his veins. He couldn’t say that he hated Naniko, he was simply uncertain of her for various reasons. Their relationship had grown very weak in the months that they had not seen one another. Both of their faults more than the blame could be laid on one pair of shoulders. His sire he did hate. He did not know the man, but he knew his deeds and that was all he needed to know. Haven would never associate himself with such a beastly creature. For Anu, however, the one parent that he shared no genetic bond with, he had nothing but love for. He had loved her unconditionally from day one, just as she had him, and he would until the day he died.

The male had no idea if Princess would end up being his mate and he had not talked with her in depth about his relationship with his various parents, biological and adopted. However, one thing he knew is that he didn’t care who he was with, Anu would always be welcome and he would want her in his future children’s lives. In fact, if he did end up with Princess the tawny wolf could very well be the only grandparent the pups would know. When he found out that Naniko had new pups it would distance him even more from his birth mother. Conri had disappeared from the lands and Haven hoped that the man never returned. But Anu was wonderful and kind and he knew that she would show her grandpups the same kind of love that she showed to him every day, even when they weren’t able to see one another.

At his words her face and mood seemed to change and he looked at her curiously, wondering what was going on behind her brilliant blue eyes. He thought he saw the hints of tears behind them, though he couldn’t say why. Whatever she seemed, it was not sad. For that he was thankful, for he never wished to make her shed any tears of sorrow. The only thing he ever wanted to do was to make her happy. Happy and proud. When she collected herself and spoke her words wrapped his heart in warmth and made his chest swell. The pumpkin colored boy even felt tears threaten his own jade eyes. It was so good to hear that he did make her proud. That she believed that he was making the right decisions. “Thank you mom. You don’t know how much that means to me.”

If she hadn’t taken a step back and that strange sentence hadn’t come out of her mouth Haven likely would have succumb to his tears. With those actions however his ears fanned forward in curiosity. “We had trouble with one of them, right before Cour des Miracles formed. A male, Haku, brutalized and raped one of the females.” There was no way to soften such words. “What’s going on? Have they caused trouble here?” Haven wouldn’t stand for Crimson Dreams to be harassed. Not ever.

[/html]
[html]

thanks ;D
SSWM - 533

The one thing Anu hoped to be was a decent mother. She hoped never to disappoint her children, whether they be from another’s womb or her own. Naniko’s children had been her own before they were born, for Anu had worked to protect them during that difficult time. She remembered that love she and white wolfess shared to this day, she couldn’t even work to forget it. It had helped to forge the bound she held with the four pups, and even with the unease that the two female would likely hold till the end of their days, Anu could not regret that time. Without it she would be without her sons and daughters, and Anu could not imagine life without them. Haven had secretly held her heart tighter then the rest, though she would never admit it. His charm and energy had clung to her soul and lifted her. Each time they spoke Anu was reminded that in life there could be trips and falls, but good things did happen and she could make a proper choice and do something right. He would always be in her heart, until the day she died.

A moment passed between them, the bond an almost tangible link that held them together. He spoke in response, and Anu could not help but see that her words would forever affect him. They were honest, and Anu would not lie to him, not ever about that. He was a knight, bound to a code and he walked that path with rigged posture. He did not falter, and how could a mother not be proud of that? She did not know how close he was with his birth mother, but if Mati had been the one to tell him that she had fallen as their leader, Anu could only figure that he had yet to see her. A son needed to know that he was walking along the right road, and if she didn’t tell him, then who would? It was a mother's right and job to give praise when it was due, and Anu gladly did so.

As the conversation moved forward into the Dahlian direction Anu grew harder in her features and her tone. It upset her to know that the crazed male had already grazed the boundaries Haven’s life, and touched upon his pack. And it was even more horrible to hear the things he had done. Her face wore the shock, and the disgusted feeling that she had towards the monster. Though there had been time that passed since the incident, Anu could not allow it to dull the horrible act. It had been some time since Haku had violated Colibri, and yet Anu had not forgiven the act, and likely wouldn’t. The question came and Anu let silence settle as she figured how to explain it to her son. She took a breath and calmly spoke,
“Only to their own. Haku attacked a female name Colibri.” Anu looked at Haven with a solid gaze,
“She lives here now, and he wont come after her here.” She hoped. Perhaps all they could do was hope, though Anu found a little reserve of it within herself.

[/html]
[html]

SoSuWriMo 546

He couldn’t imagine that she could ever fear herself of being a disappointment to him. He didn’t really know how his other siblings felt towards her. Brooklyn had always seemed a little closer to Naniko and whenever he and Mati spoke they usually didn’t talk about Anu, though not because she didn’t matter. There had just been a lot of other, more dramatic topics for the siblings to discuss with one another as of late. Such as the downfall of their birth mother and his own failing in judgment with Princess. As guilty as he felt about sleeping with her when they were both drunk, he couldn’t fully regret what had happened. Who was to say that they would have met otherwise? And as wrong as the act struck against his values, it had helped him in getting over Siobhan. It seemed to him that it might have been a bit of a necessary evil and he couldn’t say that if he could go back and change it he would. If the choice was between what had happened and never meeting Princess at all then he would chose what had happened.

His confidence in himself was slowly growing back up, but he did need to hear the reassurance that his mother had just given him. Haven needed to know that he was doing something that she approved of and could be proud of him for. Part of his mission was to prove to himself that he didn’t have to follow the mistakes of his blood parents. He could rise above their flaws and lead a good life. He didn’t have to succumb to his father’s madness or his mother’s addiction. The male had come close with his temporary dependence on alcohol, but he was doing his best to kick that habit and stay away from the liquid fire as much as possible. He would drink it in celebratory occasions in moderation, but that would be it. It was when he drank when his spirits were down that trouble found him.

Something about this subject touched his mother closer than he knew. He could sense it, but he could not pinpoint what it was. Immediately he assumed that he must have hurt someone within Crimson Dreams and that made the heat rise up in his blood. The man was a menace and why any pack would house such a beast was beyond him. Everyone else he had met from Dahlia de Mai had been pleasant and kind. Why the associated themselves with such a monster…he couldn’t understand. The name his mother spoke rang a bell of remembrance in his head. He had met this female, they had spoken about how they both feared of becoming like their fathers. He knew what had happened to her, he just hadn’t known whom her sire was. “Colibri? I know her. I met her in the city…when I was hiding there. He attacked her again? Is she alright?” It made him feel better than she was here now, away from that man. Still, something else was tickling at him. When he had met her, she had asked about Anu, and now she was talking about Colibri. “Mom, is there something between you two?” It seemed there had to be something there.

[/html]
[html]

SSWM - 616

Crimson Dreams had only known peace among the neighboring packs. There had never been a war at their borders. She did not want the Dahlia male to stalk their home at night, nor did she wish for him to raise an army against the peace loving Dreamers. Anu did not see such a thing happening, though in her worst night terrors she saw his blue eyes followed by a pack of scarred brown beasts liking much like their monstrous leader. He had made no threat towards the Crimson pack, and Anu had found no sign of him in her patrols. Still he haunted her thoughts, and she felt fear at the notion of him. She needed to be brave, brave for Colibri and brave for the pack. It was necessary to keep face and show no weakness when the trouble was only in her mind and had yet to be actually produced. Still she would stay on guard, weary that what ever he was brewing inside his borders could spill out into the rest of their worlds.

She was glad that Haven understood the dangers. It was hard to always remember that he wasn’t the small pup playing in the pumpkin patch. He was grown, a high ranking member of a large pack and a of course Knight. It was his job to know the dangers, and still the mother would warn him about looking both ways before crossing the street until the end of her days. It was simply just something that Anu could not leave behind. It was only testament to her love for him and not her distrust in his ability. Anu knew he would grow to be a better wolf then his sire. He would not be touched by the blood tainted by the addict and the maddened wolves that he had been born of. He had done that himself, and Anu took little credit. When the time came for him to deal with the news of his father, and choose a path in one of life’s crossroads he had done the right thing, and became something of worth. He had worked hard to be who he was, and Anu would always be proud of that.

The notion of Haku, and Colibri hit close to her heart, and she wished that no one that she loved ever came across the male. Haven’s words made Anu look to his face in surprise. He had met her? If she understood right it had been some time ago, and perhaps before Coli had even met Anu and before she had stumbled upon her by the lakeside. Anu nodded her head, letting the gracious feeling run over her.
“She will be.” She spoke, her words filled with the relief that washed over as she thought of the alternative. It had not been her intention to tell him all the things that had plagued her life. But, once she began to think of the chocolate female the words seemed to form themselves.
“Her tail was injured, and she has a few cuts and scrapes.” but she was alive, damaged, but alive. His next question was as unexpected as perhaps she asking about grandpups. Not the one to lie, and knowing that there was no reason to hide anything from haven now Anu spoke honestly.
“Yes.” the word came with a nod. It was hard to explain, and the emotions and feelings that the Haki girl brought to her did not fit into words well. She struggled but came out with,
“I had asked her to move here, to be with me.” was that all? Of course not, but in many ways he was still her little boy.

[/html]
[html]

SoSuWriMo 643

Haven did not take her warning as any kind of criticism or critique of his ability to do his job back in Cour des Miracles. In fact he welcomed any information of possible dangers that his mother could give. Unlike when he was little the days he spent away from his home were not an often occurrence. Most of his time was spent patrolling the borders, training in the arts of a warrior, and working with his horse. He did not spend much time on reconnaissance but not it seemed that it might not be such a bad thing to add to his list. He wouldn’t have to do it often, maybe only once a month, but it could be the difference between being prepared and being taken unawares. He had Drogon, so travelling the distance to the other packs was not as taxing as it was when he had been without the mustang. Knowing that the threat of Haku Soul was still out there and very real made an alertness rise up in him that had been lying dormant for too many months. Yes, he needed to be more aware of what was going on in the world around him if he were to truly uphold his duty as Seneschal and Knight of the Miracles pack. He was glad that Anu had imparted this knowledge to him and in so doing incurred these thoughts to come to his mind. They would serve him well in the future.

The knowledge of what her own father had done to that girl was sickening and it filled the Knight up with a kind of righteous fury. It made him want to gallop right up to Dahlia and challenge the bastard to a fight to the death. Honorable an idea as that might have been, Haven was no fool and knew that the death in such an encounter would most likely be his own. Haku Soul was clearly an intimidating and powerful individual whose battle skills would be far beyond his own. There was also the fact that the beast would likely not play by the rules. No honorable conduct could be expected of one such as that. No, that would be a fool’s errand and he would not needlessly risk his life and the heartache of those that would miss him if he were gone.

“Well, I’m glad that she’ll recover. That’s awful though. I can’t believe she would live in the same pack as him. It’s good that she’s here now and away from him.” Haven didn’t have to be a psychic to realize that if she had stayed in Dahlia that she would have turned up dead sooner or later. Still, honestly, the subject he was more curious about was the relationship between Colibri and his mother. He had been too drunk and too self absorbed to guess as to why the woman would be asking about his mother when they had met in the city, but now it was staring him the face. He certainly hadn’t expected either of his mothers to stay single for the rest of their lives, but to be faced with such a reality was a different thing entirely. The boy wasn’t really sure how he felt. Then came the affirmative answer, yes, there was something between them. Anu had asked Colibri to come here and live with her. The chocolate fey had been closer in age to himself than to his mother, which seemed a bit off, though he couldn’t say exactly why. “I see…” One hand went to scratch behind his neck, a nervous habit. How was he supposed to react to this? He wasn’t angry, but he wasn’t exactly happy either. If she was happy then he would be happy for her, it just might take time for it to all settle in his head.

[/html]
[html]

SSWM - 603

Anu hardly liked to be away from her home, but there were times where she simply needed to be. She and Savina were only two individuals, and the realm of ‘Souls was large. She needed to venture forth and know what was happening in their world, but most of any viable information she captured came from random and surprise encounters. Still she made that small effort and unfortunately she did not come up with much. It was only after a horrible experience that Anu had wished to share such information. Even after first meeting Coli’s father weeks before the tragic event, she hadn’t told a soul of her humiliation and her foolishness. She could have saved her, and stopped it entirely. But instead Anu had made a grave mistake, gone against her instincts and allowed her emotions to blind her once more. Not again, her son would know and there was nothing that would stop her. The Miracles pack had been good to him and though Anu did not know many that he lived with she wished them all well. Such good beasts did not deserve to go unknowing or blind to the dangers of such a close lying pack.

The mother appreciated his words, more then he would ever know. It was important for her to have those small amounts of reassurance. To many times she had made the wrong decision, and though this felt right Anu could still gain from another’s kind words. There was nothing that made her believe that Colibri benefited from living among her father, but she had left family. Family that Anu did not think could care for her, protect her from her father’s wrath. Yet the woman loved them, had stayed not for herself but for them. Anu had not wished to rip her from them, and yet she had and she could not erase the guilt that lingered. His words settled her, another voice to speak aloud the thoughts that ran through her mind. And they sounded strong in the voice of her son.

There was a small bit of silence that lingered after she told him that she and Coli were indeed more then just pack mates or friends. His uncomfortable reaction and short words made Anu shift on her foot paws. The mother new all too well that the itch he scratched along his neck was proof of his unease. Of course the mother was unsure herself, not knowing exactly how to explain why or what had started such a thing. Colibri was of course not much older then he was, though she did not know if it was her age or her gender that made him uncertain. Of course he had grown up with two mothers, but still that relationship had ended and because if it she wasn’t sure if he believed it was due to the lack of compatibility two females seemed to have to those that didn’t quiet understand. She thought of starting with Haven, when two wolves love each other very much… But she knew he understood such things, she had explained it to him.

The suddenly,
“Life does not always make perfect sense Haven.” She said. Her tone was not harsh, unhappy that she had to explain herself to him. Instead it held a small bit of defeat. She was lost in the love her felt for the younger woman. Blinded by it and in so many ways Anu could do nothing to fight against it. It had defeated her, and with the surrender she had found some sort of happiness she had thought was beyond her reach.

[/html]
[html]

OMG RAMBLE SoSuWriMo 410

He hadn't ever felt this awkward around her, not even when he had asked her about what people who liked each other did. He should be happy that she had managed to find someone else to be with and he was upset that he wasn't. His feelings were just falling in this weird, neutral territory where he felt conflicted. No part of the yearling was angry or resentful in the least, the conflict wasn't there, it was just that this news once again messed with his world. Once again his family was shifting and changing and it happened so much that he couldn't even get a toehold. Even though he should have known that this would happen eventually didn't change the fact that he didn't know how to react to it. Anu was his mother and being the most responsible and stable one he had he had elevated her to this demigod like level. He didn't imagine her having the same desires and needs of lesser beings like himself. Having factor in this new variable was throwing him off and he didn't know where to put it. What did that make Colibri to him? Anything? Haven wanted to just feel one definitive emotion about this but he just couldn't. It was all too foggy and complicated.

As she spoke his eyes snapped back to her and immediately he shook his head. "No, this isn't your problem, it's mine." How could he expect her to not find someone else? It was ridiculous. That didn't keep him from feeling weird about it, but he knew that it was an issue that he had to deal with and he didn't want her thinking for one moment that it was any problem of her's. "It's not that I'm not happy for you, it's just...weird to think of you being with someone else, you know?" If this hadn't been the first time one of his mothers had had a new interest then he would have been able to handle the situation with more grace, but right now he was just confused. "It's just going to take some getting used to on my part. That's all." He shuffled one foot against the ground, not sure if he was doing a good job of conveying what was going on in his head. Though really the only thing he needed her to know was that he wasn't judging her. He wanted her to have whatever made her happy.

[/html]