Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
[html]

ZOMG! SoSuWriMo 556

Anu had always been his mother. Those two words were permanently connected within his head. He didn’t care that they shared no blood. Blood meant very little to him, in the end. Who could blame him with the blood of a rapist and murderer and an addict flowing through his veins. He couldn’t say that he hated Naniko, he was simply uncertain of her for various reasons. Their relationship had grown very weak in the months that they had not seen one another. Both of their faults more than the blame could be laid on one pair of shoulders. His sire he did hate. He did not know the man, but he knew his deeds and that was all he needed to know. Haven would never associate himself with such a beastly creature. For Anu, however, the one parent that he shared no genetic bond with, he had nothing but love for. He had loved her unconditionally from day one, just as she had him, and he would until the day he died.

The male had no idea if Princess would end up being his mate and he had not talked with her in depth about his relationship with his various parents, biological and adopted. However, one thing he knew is that he didn’t care who he was with, Anu would always be welcome and he would want her in his future children’s lives. In fact, if he did end up with Princess the tawny wolf could very well be the only grandparent the pups would know. When he found out that Naniko had new pups it would distance him even more from his birth mother. Conri had disappeared from the lands and Haven hoped that the man never returned. But Anu was wonderful and kind and he knew that she would show her grandpups the same kind of love that she showed to him every day, even when they weren’t able to see one another.

At his words her face and mood seemed to change and he looked at her curiously, wondering what was going on behind her brilliant blue eyes. He thought he saw the hints of tears behind them, though he couldn’t say why. Whatever she seemed, it was not sad. For that he was thankful, for he never wished to make her shed any tears of sorrow. The only thing he ever wanted to do was to make her happy. Happy and proud. When she collected herself and spoke her words wrapped his heart in warmth and made his chest swell. The pumpkin colored boy even felt tears threaten his own jade eyes. It was so good to hear that he did make her proud. That she believed that he was making the right decisions. “Thank you mom. You don’t know how much that means to me.”

If she hadn’t taken a step back and that strange sentence hadn’t come out of her mouth Haven likely would have succumb to his tears. With those actions however his ears fanned forward in curiosity. “We had trouble with one of them, right before Cour des Miracles formed. A male, Haku, brutalized and raped one of the females.” There was no way to soften such words. “What’s going on? Have they caused trouble here?” Haven wouldn’t stand for Crimson Dreams to be harassed. Not ever.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread