Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
[html]

thanks ;D
SSWM - 533

The one thing Anu hoped to be was a decent mother. She hoped never to disappoint her children, whether they be from another’s womb or her own. Naniko’s children had been her own before they were born, for Anu had worked to protect them during that difficult time. She remembered that love she and white wolfess shared to this day, she couldn’t even work to forget it. It had helped to forge the bound she held with the four pups, and even with the unease that the two female would likely hold till the end of their days, Anu could not regret that time. Without it she would be without her sons and daughters, and Anu could not imagine life without them. Haven had secretly held her heart tighter then the rest, though she would never admit it. His charm and energy had clung to her soul and lifted her. Each time they spoke Anu was reminded that in life there could be trips and falls, but good things did happen and she could make a proper choice and do something right. He would always be in her heart, until the day she died.

A moment passed between them, the bond an almost tangible link that held them together. He spoke in response, and Anu could not help but see that her words would forever affect him. They were honest, and Anu would not lie to him, not ever about that. He was a knight, bound to a code and he walked that path with rigged posture. He did not falter, and how could a mother not be proud of that? She did not know how close he was with his birth mother, but if Mati had been the one to tell him that she had fallen as their leader, Anu could only figure that he had yet to see her. A son needed to know that he was walking along the right road, and if she didn’t tell him, then who would? It was a mother's right and job to give praise when it was due, and Anu gladly did so.

As the conversation moved forward into the Dahlian direction Anu grew harder in her features and her tone. It upset her to know that the crazed male had already grazed the boundaries Haven’s life, and touched upon his pack. And it was even more horrible to hear the things he had done. Her face wore the shock, and the disgusted feeling that she had towards the monster. Though there had been time that passed since the incident, Anu could not allow it to dull the horrible act. It had been some time since Haku had violated Colibri, and yet Anu had not forgiven the act, and likely wouldn’t. The question came and Anu let silence settle as she figured how to explain it to her son. She took a breath and calmly spoke,
“Only to their own. Haku attacked a female name Colibri.” Anu looked at Haven with a solid gaze,
“She lives here now, and he wont come after her here.” She hoped. Perhaps all they could do was hope, though Anu found a little reserve of it within herself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread