Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
[html]

SoSuWriMo 643

Haven did not take her warning as any kind of criticism or critique of his ability to do his job back in Cour des Miracles. In fact he welcomed any information of possible dangers that his mother could give. Unlike when he was little the days he spent away from his home were not an often occurrence. Most of his time was spent patrolling the borders, training in the arts of a warrior, and working with his horse. He did not spend much time on reconnaissance but not it seemed that it might not be such a bad thing to add to his list. He wouldn’t have to do it often, maybe only once a month, but it could be the difference between being prepared and being taken unawares. He had Drogon, so travelling the distance to the other packs was not as taxing as it was when he had been without the mustang. Knowing that the threat of Haku Soul was still out there and very real made an alertness rise up in him that had been lying dormant for too many months. Yes, he needed to be more aware of what was going on in the world around him if he were to truly uphold his duty as Seneschal and Knight of the Miracles pack. He was glad that Anu had imparted this knowledge to him and in so doing incurred these thoughts to come to his mind. They would serve him well in the future.

The knowledge of what her own father had done to that girl was sickening and it filled the Knight up with a kind of righteous fury. It made him want to gallop right up to Dahlia and challenge the bastard to a fight to the death. Honorable an idea as that might have been, Haven was no fool and knew that the death in such an encounter would most likely be his own. Haku Soul was clearly an intimidating and powerful individual whose battle skills would be far beyond his own. There was also the fact that the beast would likely not play by the rules. No honorable conduct could be expected of one such as that. No, that would be a fool’s errand and he would not needlessly risk his life and the heartache of those that would miss him if he were gone.

“Well, I’m glad that she’ll recover. That’s awful though. I can’t believe she would live in the same pack as him. It’s good that she’s here now and away from him.” Haven didn’t have to be a psychic to realize that if she had stayed in Dahlia that she would have turned up dead sooner or later. Still, honestly, the subject he was more curious about was the relationship between Colibri and his mother. He had been too drunk and too self absorbed to guess as to why the woman would be asking about his mother when they had met in the city, but now it was staring him the face. He certainly hadn’t expected either of his mothers to stay single for the rest of their lives, but to be faced with such a reality was a different thing entirely. The boy wasn’t really sure how he felt. Then came the affirmative answer, yes, there was something between them. Anu had asked Colibri to come here and live with her. The chocolate fey had been closer in age to himself than to his mother, which seemed a bit off, though he couldn’t say exactly why. “I see…” One hand went to scratch behind his neck, a nervous habit. How was he supposed to react to this? He wasn’t angry, but he wasn’t exactly happy either. If she was happy then he would be happy for her, it just might take time for it to all settle in his head.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread