Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
[html]

OMG RAMBLE SoSuWriMo 410

He hadn't ever felt this awkward around her, not even when he had asked her about what people who liked each other did. He should be happy that she had managed to find someone else to be with and he was upset that he wasn't. His feelings were just falling in this weird, neutral territory where he felt conflicted. No part of the yearling was angry or resentful in the least, the conflict wasn't there, it was just that this news once again messed with his world. Once again his family was shifting and changing and it happened so much that he couldn't even get a toehold. Even though he should have known that this would happen eventually didn't change the fact that he didn't know how to react to it. Anu was his mother and being the most responsible and stable one he had he had elevated her to this demigod like level. He didn't imagine her having the same desires and needs of lesser beings like himself. Having factor in this new variable was throwing him off and he didn't know where to put it. What did that make Colibri to him? Anything? Haven wanted to just feel one definitive emotion about this but he just couldn't. It was all too foggy and complicated.

As she spoke his eyes snapped back to her and immediately he shook his head. "No, this isn't your problem, it's mine." How could he expect her to not find someone else? It was ridiculous. That didn't keep him from feeling weird about it, but he knew that it was an issue that he had to deal with and he didn't want her thinking for one moment that it was any problem of her's. "It's not that I'm not happy for you, it's just...weird to think of you being with someone else, you know?" If this hadn't been the first time one of his mothers had had a new interest then he would have been able to handle the situation with more grace, but right now he was just confused. "It's just going to take some getting used to on my part. That's all." He shuffled one foot against the ground, not sure if he was doing a good job of conveying what was going on in his head. Though really the only thing he needed her to know was that he wasn't judging her. He wanted her to have whatever made her happy.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread