Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
[html]

*smacks with newspaper* SoSuWriMo 554

The idea that she could think that he didn't approve of her lifestyle had never occurred to him because it was completely preposterous. He had grown up knowing two mothers, knowing that the two females loved each other and were mates. It was normal for him and he had never questioned that, not even when outsiders said it was odd. He had been happy, their whole family had been happy, and so what could possibly be wrong with that? No, he had no prejudices as to who could fall in love with whom. Anu loved other women, and that never had and never would bother him. It didn't even stick out as anything out of the ordinary in his mind. No matter what, he would always be accepting of his mother because he knew that she would always be accepting of him. That was unless either of them were to cross that line that none should cross, like his father had. But he could never imagine Anu doing anything even remotely so horrible and he worked on a daily basis to avoid such a fate for himself. No, neither of them would ever become that. They would never let that happen to themselves or each other.

His eyes were downcast, trying to come to terms with all the conflicting feelings that fought within him. It was such a strange thing to consider and honestly he was tired of the constant changes that came to their family. He supposed it was only a part of life, but he had had enough unexpected things come and mess everything up. Not that he thought his mother's budding relationship was going to mess anything up, for he didn't, it was just another new factor to consider and at times it was hard enough considering all the current factors of their fractured family. His mind just had to grow and expand to encapsulate this new change and cope with it as best he could. As Anu spoke again he looked back up to her and nodded at her words. He was glad that she now understood why his reaction had been of hesitance. It was no reflection upon her and her life, just a confusion as to how this effected him and the rest of the family. Haven was glad to hear that she wasn't expecting him to see Colibri as another mother, for he did not think such a thing possible. He was grown now, over a year old, and while he would always need the love and support of his parents, he did not need any more of them. Besides, the brown and cream femme was too close to his own age to consider her as a figure of authority over him. "Okay, I'm glad to hear that."

"I'll have to come see her again sometime. It was a while ago that we met, and I wasn't who I am now then." It had been during the darkest time of his life that he had met Colibri and he had now climbed out of that hole he had been in. He hoped that she had found some peace and solace as well. If that peace happened to come from being with his mother, then he couldn't deny either of them that pleasure. He would never want to.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread