Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
[html]

ouch ;_;
SSWM - 727

Cautious was something Anu had always been. Tentative, hesitant. If she did not know it, she did not pursue it. She kept from the ways of humans, their written words and their crumbling cities. It was because she did not like or find them curious it was that she couldn’t understand them, and had grown to fear that unknowing. But, as she found the complete security of these lands, the friendship of her Commander and that of many others Anu had let those walls fall, she had began to find something more. Branching out and seeking another to claim her heart was a feat that Anu had tried and failed at in the past. The white mother of Haven was someone she did not regret, through regretted how it ended. It was finished, as was the heartache that Geneva had brought her. It made her want to return to the caution, and fall back to the withdrawn silent creature she had once been. Soft spoken and hopeful she would always remain, but Anu had traveled leaps and bounds since arriving here. To be unsure and concerned with what Haven would think of her was only a shadow of what she was once like. She wanted him to be proud of her, in the small way that a mother might wish. She was not without that insecurity and without that need. Had he been ashamed of her, for any reason, or if he wished to no longer be in contact she would not know what she would do without him and would seek until her demise to right that wrong. As a child should be, he would always be one of her everything’s. His down cast eyes, the mixed emotions playing on his face did not express pure joy or understanding and thus Anu felt the preposterous reasons for his hesitation in her worried ridden mind.

The connection that Colibri and Anu possessed did not bring every creature joy, and it had brought them both pain. Though Anu believed that Haku would have killed her whether she tried to leave Dahlia or not and that it was not because she was leaving to be with Anu that he had attacked her, it still played out as such. Anu had brought the all a shadow of doubt and concern with the arrival of Colibri and the circumstances that brought her here. They would all favor a peaceful departure from the flower pack, but that was not how it happened. Now the Dreamers could be a target, though Anu felt in her heart that Haku was finished with them, toying with the two until his attention was drawn to something more attractive and more innocent. Their blue and green eyes met, and Anu felt her own grow heavy with pending tears. Haven’s words did not ease her feelings, knowing that what she had spoken was not what she wanted to convey. Anu didn’t expect him to need anything from Colibri, didn’t expect him to accept her as part of who they all were as a family. To be a mother was something that she didn’t even know if the chocolate female hoped for, though Anu could not see her rejecting it.

But, he did not push Coli away and even wanted to see and know her better then he did now. It had been long ago that they had met, and Anu was certain that they would find both very changed.
“I know she would like that.” In the future and when she was well. Anu wished for the day that they both would be beyond these moments, and could hardly wait a moment longer. The Dreamer hoped that Coli would find something here that she couldn’t in Dahlia, and sought to make the search easy for her. Gifts of love and friendship would be handed without return, and Anu would protect her from anything that wished her harm.
“Maybe I will visit Princess, get to know her a bit better.” Anu smiled then, the tear no longer flooding her eyes and the curve of her lips turning coy. She wanted to make sure that the girl was good for her son, though she already knew that the young female was. She didn’t doubt his judgment, but would like to know the female that he courted. As any mother would.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread