Home is not Far from here
[html]

Ruri

The delicate collie-girl heard Heath's good-natured response to her brief ramblings, thankful that he had taken no notice to the desperate nature of her conversation starter. Her concern had been unfounded as always, but her habit of worrying would take a long time to disappear. The Aceline girl was lucky she had such a patient, understanding mate to help her. It would take her time, but eventually she would learn not to be as self-conscious about such harmless actions as starting a conversation. Half-folded ears perked as her mate spoke of how Sylvie seemed to be a handful. The silver and ivory optime could not help but agree with the coy-wolf's assessment, evoking a giggle from her vocals, like the trilling call of a bird. "She's definitely energetic," she replied, calming herself before addressing the second part of Heath's response, about how she had likely been far different in comparison to her half-sister. "You're more or less right. I was a quiet, reserved pup, from what I remember. I rarely spoke to anyone except Jac. He'd always talk for me if I needed something, but as I got older he drew back and started to let me build up my courage slowly. It's only since coming to these lands that I've really had to be this socially active," she explained, making sure to give great credit to Jacquez for her upbringing. Though he certainly did not seem like it to most, especially now that Ruri wasn't entirely dependent upon him, he had been a great father/elder brother figure to the blind Border collie. She had faith that one day his good parenting skills would resurface for the sake of any future children he might father. It might take awhile, but the king would not be able to live such a wild-life forever.

Heath's brief account of how he knew Alaine left Ruri shaking her head slightly, not surprised that Sylvie had been found in the sheep pasture. The little girl seemed obsessed with herding and taking care of sheep. The Lautari remembered being repeatedly told so by the pup herself. "I'm glad you found her, though I can't imagine Alaine was very happy with Sylvie when you did. Oh well, everyone has to learn these sort of things," she mentioned before snuggling even closer to Heath, this time wrapping her arms all the way around his waist, removing them from the safety of the blanket now that the room was warm enough. The kiss he planted on her forehead combined with his compliment on her voice made her blush, leaning in to plant another kiss on his cheek, one of her hands sliding up his chest, to his neck as a gesture of loving gratitude. "You always say the sweetest things, monsieur," she remarked, this time her voice taking on a slight French accent as she ran her hand along her mate's neck lovingly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread