Nursing scars and a vengence
(OOC: after is cool. Thanks. just clarifying Tongue)

Vark stopped when the terrifying male asked his name. In his terror, Vark nearly forgot his own name, before blurting,
"I'm Vark." He said. "Um, Vark Granel" Vark stooped to lick a burn on his shoulder, though not turning his face of changing his posture, to not make it seem he was showing disrespect to the towering terror before him. Vark breathed a small sigh of relief when he mentioned joining the Dahlia de Mai, but Vark paused before answering why he wanted to hurt coyotes. Vark considered it. His family had been peaceful. They would occasionally travel to the coast, and he and father would race up and down the sand. Vark always won, though he thought his father maybe allowing Vark to pull ahead at the last moment.
Varks thoughts turned to his mother. It was she who instructed him on how to stalk his prey, move with out making a sound, how to become immersed in his surroundings, even the trick of staying upwind from your prey, so they didn't know of your presence until it was too late. Vark's eyes swam, remembering his father's blood spraying across the cave wall and himself, and how the entire flight towards the border he was trying to get the taste of it out of his mouth. His mother, throwing herself into the two coyotes, full of rage and fury, and lastly, the flames.

Vark looked up. He looked the male right in the face.
"They killed my father. They killed my mother. They... they took them.. away.. from me." Vark let out a little involuntary growl. "I want to hurt them." Vark's fur began to bristle. His voice rose. "I want to make them pay! I.... I.." Vark breathed deep, calming himself down. He looked up again. "My mum said that you don't like coyotes. That you would protect and help u-... me." Vark paused, emotion layering his voice. "I want to make my mum proud."

Messages In This Thread