Nursing scars and a vengence
Character Name: Vark Granel
Character Birthdate (including year): 11th February 2009
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus
Species: Luperci
A secondary form of contact: email: vlad-theimpaler@hotmail.com
How you found 'Souls: Wanted to find an online rp and writing site, and, well, this is awesome!
Initial post: Words: 285

Vark paused and squinted forward towards the land spread out before him. His vision wasn't getting better, and all he could see were the dark, vague lumps that he supposed were trees. Vark shivered in fear, but quickly reprimanded himself, for being so afraid. He whined, and licked the burns on his front paws, before squinting forward again to get his bearings. Muzzle to the ground, Vark loped forward, stopping at the occasional tree. Over the last few hours, it had become more and more apparent that he was delving deeper and deeper into a well established packland, and that it was a combined scent he was yet unfamiliar with. He looked up. He had reached Dahlia de Mai. Vark pricked his ears and listened to the way behind him, incase he had been followed. Vark settled briefly, and licked a few more scars. He contemplated his predicament. He was alone. He was young. Most of all he missed his mother. Vark made a snuffing noise through his nose, and shook his head. Now was not the time to be weak. If he were to be excepted, he would have to show he was strong.

Vark got his paws beneath himself and continued into the foreign pack land. He occasionally sidestepped at the last moment, dodging the tree he nearly walked into, or flinching at the weird shadows the branches cast. If one listened closely, you could hear a constant quiet sobbing and almost instant disciplinary shake of the head, or stamp of the paw. Vark continued, know longer avoiding the crackly leaves and dry twigs, nor did he keep to the shadows, instead letting himself be seen and heard. Vark shuffled on in hope.
[html]

Hello again and haha yes; HAIL HAKU! 8D

Although the man mostly wandered the borders, it was mere coincidence that caused the young male and the adult Rosen’s paths to collide. The large chocolate secui had first hesitated; expectantly waited for the noisy member to come forth. When the revealing scent of trespasser touched the King’s black nostrils it was done. The Alpha advanced noisily and executed whatever was left of distance between the two canines. An earthen hued boy, not even a year old if he was not entirely mistaken. A loud growl escaped with ease out between a set of fully exposed, yellowing teeth. He was not certain who deserved the worst punishment – this foolish intruder or the lazy members that clearly had allowed a youth to break into the lands. They were at war and the borders were in need of constant surveillance.

The large male marched up straight to the younger male’s face and snapped after the young creature's muzzle, though let only air be caught between his jaws as they snapped down in front of the younger canine. ”What are you doing here?” Experience had taught Haku that instantly killing the creature made them unavailable for questions later on, as they would be dead and cold. The boy did not smell of any pack nor the coyote clan sentenced to death, so there was little reason to fear his presence here despite the horrible fact that he had managed to break into Dahlia de Mai without getting discovered.

Table credit: Sie(Kaena)

<style>
.haku-blood p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:30px; }
.haku-blood b {color:#CF4040;}
.haku-blood-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px;}
.haku-blood {font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#8B120B; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#490502; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/hakutable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:218px; padding-top:10px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
(OOC: Is this happening before, or after the meeting of war?)

Vark paused, turning his head slightly to one side. He could detect the faintest scent, though the wind was blowing towards the source, not away, and the wind was carrying the scent away before Vark could get a fix on it. Vark cocked an ear as he heard a faintest pawfall on damp leaves. Vark stopped altogether, peering fruitlessly into the gloom before him. Vark began to feel the roots of nervousness and fear knot in his belly, and Vark began to imagine ghastly shapes in the shadows, of all manner of creatures lurking there, ready for him to come forward.

Vark stopped himself, and closed his eyes. He stood taller, and used his better senses, and became more aware of his surroundings. Leaves blew and skittered across the damp ground. Twigs creaked and broke occasionally. Vark became aware of the deeper, constant sound a tree made in its trunk, when in flexed ever so slightly to bend to the wind. Vark could tell the distances, and became aware of his surroundings, down to a whole in the ground between two roots to the right and slightly behind him, where it was making a faint whistling noise. Vark breathed a deep breath, a breath of calm. He opened his eyes

A huge chocolate male suddenly burst from the surrounding trees, his jaws snapping inches from Vark's nose. Vark's entire body twitched, where he automatically went to flee, but checked himself. Even so, he let out an involuntary whimper, and stepped back a few paces.

The huge male asked why he was here. Vark stood tall, and lowered his tail. Varks ears came to settle rested back against his head, in a sign of respect and humbleness. Vark was amazed to note, even with his own damaged eye sight, that the male had bright blue eyes.
"Sire...." Vark hesitated. He was unsure of his confronter's rank in society. Vark sniffed. The male had a manner and posture of one who was used to being obeyed and respected. The term 'Sire' seemed well placed then.
"Sire," Vark repeated. "I... I um..." Vark's tail drooped slightly. "I'm scared." He said quietly. He went on to explain that his parents had been killed by coyotes, his mother while they were fleeing for these lands. Vark gathered himself and stood tall, though he was tiny compared to the huge male.
"I want to join your pack." He said with the blunt and straight forward approach known for his age. "I want to hurt coyotes." Vark fished around for something he could offer. "I'm good at sneaking! And scenting! I can fight too!" Vark said. "I'm brave! I'm..."
[html]

We use actual dates, so the meeting of war happened one month ago on the 3rd of January, whilst this is set at February fourth. Unless you'd prefer to backdate or forward date this a few days! Smile wcp 3

It was always interesting to witness the different reactions that exploded within different individuals. The response to such open aggression could take many forms, and it was fortunate for the boy to react with the built in submission that were carried by instinct. Times had changed and the old hierarchies and what they stood for were falling so swiftly. The large male was determined to remind his Dahlian minions of how things should be. His secui form towered over the younger male and he knew with certainty that he was not the kind of wolf one would wish to run into while doing something wrong.

The youth did well in resisting fleeing – Haku could not have resisted such an opportunity to chase after and rip the male apart. Enough signs of submission and respect were publicized and Haku’s exposed fangs were hidden away behind dark lips. A folded ear swiveled forwards to take in the lonely word that escaped the young boy. The large man tilted his head ever so little and let blue orbs investigate the other’s eyes. Did the boy squint ever so slightly? Blue eyes slowly narrowed, but he could not yet decide whether or not this was a sign of weakness of the other male’s eyes. Eyesight was one of three important senses and even Svara had seemed to live an inhabitable life despite the damage dealt to her vision.

He waited patiently until it was clear that the boy had nothing more to say. He was intrigued though overly suspicious of this youth. Scared, wanted to join, and wanted to hurt coyotes, though he was also brave.” A young creature’s words were always somewhat misleading, though he knew that mortals could inhabit fear and bravery simultaneously. What made the man suspicious was the mentioning of coyote. It was clear that he was seeking those thirsty for the clan’s blood to flow freely, but did such words mean that the boy already knew about the Inferni versus Dahlia conflict? The scent revealed no foul play nor did the youth’s words, really. Haku was a brilliant liar and actor and knew what to look for in expressions and voices. The boy was too young to be able to deceive him.

The large beast cleared his throat briefly before letting his own words flow. ”What is your name?” His rough voice did not turn softer. ”If you join Dahlia de Mai you will have the opportunity to hurt coyotes, but why would you want to?”

<style>
.haku-blood p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:30px; }
.haku-blood-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px;}
.haku-blood {font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#8B120B; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#490502; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/hakutable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:218px; padding-top:10px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
(OOC: after is cool. Thanks. just clarifying Tongue)

Vark stopped when the terrifying male asked his name. In his terror, Vark nearly forgot his own name, before blurting,
"I'm Vark." He said. "Um, Vark Granel" Vark stooped to lick a burn on his shoulder, though not turning his face of changing his posture, to not make it seem he was showing disrespect to the towering terror before him. Vark breathed a small sigh of relief when he mentioned joining the Dahlia de Mai, but Vark paused before answering why he wanted to hurt coyotes. Vark considered it. His family had been peaceful. They would occasionally travel to the coast, and he and father would race up and down the sand. Vark always won, though he thought his father maybe allowing Vark to pull ahead at the last moment.
Varks thoughts turned to his mother. It was she who instructed him on how to stalk his prey, move with out making a sound, how to become immersed in his surroundings, even the trick of staying upwind from your prey, so they didn't know of your presence until it was too late. Vark's eyes swam, remembering his father's blood spraying across the cave wall and himself, and how the entire flight towards the border he was trying to get the taste of it out of his mouth. His mother, throwing herself into the two coyotes, full of rage and fury, and lastly, the flames.

Vark looked up. He looked the male right in the face.
"They killed my father. They killed my mother. They... they took them.. away.. from me." Vark let out a little involuntary growl. "I want to hurt them." Vark's fur began to bristle. His voice rose. "I want to make them pay! I.... I.." Vark breathed deep, calming himself down. He looked up again. "My mum said that you don't like coyotes. That you would protect and help u-... me." Vark paused, emotion layering his voice. "I want to make my mum proud."
[html]

Hah, this went rather fast. Haku likes Vark's attitude xP. If you want to we can continue this thread a bit! Welcome to Dahlia de Mai! 500+

Vark Granel would probably die within the first month. It was not a certainty, of course, but it was the automatic estimate Haku silently settled on as the youth struggled to find the best way to respond to Haku’s words. The alpha’s name remained unmoving as a the young canine in front of him took a small pause before looking straight into the large secui’s scarred face and Haku knew that the injuries on the youth’s body had been given from the smaller canines with the sharp faces and oversized ears. The Dahlian male was proved correct judging the trespasser’s words. Whether his intention had been to join this pack from the very start or not did not matter much, for Haku only collected his souls to see them be ripped apart from its mortal vessel. However, Haku loathed the ignorance he often found in those who could not even pause at the borders and call for a leader. It could have been so easy to kill him for the mere crime of trespassing into a wolfen land that was in war. Vark was lucky, for he had met one of the cruelest beasts of ‘Soul in the beast’s own lair and still lived.

What he appreciated, however, was hatred. He could see the flames of hate dance within the boy’s light orbs and knew that motivation could sometimes surpass strength and skills. Sometimes. Did not matter much. Haku was in this for the conflict and little more. His own sister had been shot down in cold blood, but emotions had long evaporated within the male. Those who seemed to matter anyways. All traces of love were long extinguished. He cared little for how exactly Vark’s mother had known about him and his relationship with coyotes. Truth was that Haku did not at all despite Inferni nor coyotes in general. A growing minority – or perhaps even majority seemed to be reluctant to the clan and that was what the chocolate coated man with the blue eyes counted on. The past had so easy for repeating itself and Inferni had been in several wars. Of course there was still hatred and grudges left that the wolves of Dahlia now could feed on to acquire motivation for what they were about to do. Vark was already brainwashed and ready for use and Haku could not reject such an opportunity despite the other male’s young age.

”Coyotes are cruel beings, Vark.” the man’s voice spoke, suddenly softly and understanding. ”They are not like us; they kill without reason.” He offered understanding and compassion, the actor in him doing a tremendous job. Once he had known these feelings, so recreating an echo of them was no issue. ”Come with me, young Vark and we will find someone to take a look of those burns of yours.” the chocolate male offered with a soft, extremely rare smile and motioned with his large head for the boy to follow him. The injuries were not large nor serious and the man was certain that Conor and Susquehanna would have no problems treating them.

<style>

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

(OOC; thank you very much. Smile)

Vark bowed his head, both as a gesture of respect and gratitude to the large member of the Dahlia de Mai, and an attempt to hide the tears of relief at being accepted. He hadn't actually verbally been told he had been accepted, but the other male had spoken in soft tones, and had told Vark to follow him. Vark hurried to keep up with the chocolate male, as his legs didn't have the same distance in stride. Vark found himself trotting closer to the larger male. His scent was earthy, and musky. But one thing that came to Varks attention was the very faint scent of blood. Vark wondered whose it was. This male was a force to be reckoned with. Though he had been kind, and was the only person Vark knew in these strange new lands, and didn't want anyone to attack him offhand. Vark stayed along side his elder for a while, before asking carefully and meekly;
"What is your name?" Vark was unsure of what the reaction would be, seeing as the larger male obviously had considered eating him on their first meeting. But he had been told by his mother when ever they met other families, first impressions count. So Vark said it without fear or offense in his voice, only respect and mild curiosity entered into his voice. The sudden change in life style had made him grow up a lot faster than he would have realised.
[html]

--

The snow crunched softly when the smaller form caught up with his strong stride. Ears swivelled in silent surprise when the youngster suddenly asked for his name. The smaller male had given the male the impression that he was known. Had not Vark’s mother spoken to her son about him? He found the youngster’s words strange and was unwilling to let it go. ”Your mother knew me only as the nameless wolf that doesn't like coyotes?” he wondered openly without allowing his brilliantly blue eyes stray from the path lying directly in front of them. Ghosts that only the chocolate coated leader could see wandered the earth and gazed at him with open jaws twisted with that terrible hunger that he too could feel gnaw away on him. They waited with such patience, but were suffering now once they had crept up through the cracks of the earth and into the world of the living. "I am Haku Soul."The alpha’s tail whipped every now and then through the cool air, embracing the darkness centered in his hollow insides.

Soon.

<style>

[/html]
Vark couldn't help it. He stumbled in his tracks.
"You're...?" Vark stammered. "You're the Haku Soul" Varks voice displayed multiple layers of awe, respect and fear.
"You're Haku Soul, the leader of the Dahlia de Mai!" Vark cried. In his head he added; I wonder why I'm not dead yet. Vark started walking again, and hurried to catch up with the head of the soul clan and the pack leader of the Dahlia de Mai. Vark spoke again, still unbelieveing of who he was with.
"I have heard many... stories of your deeds." Vark said. "Of your prowess in battle." He added quickly. Vark paused and used a paw to wipe moisture out of his stinging and blurry eyes. His various wounds were aching as well, though they would soon be treated. Vark again hurried up to Haku's side. He looked up at the hulking form, at the tormented and piercing blue eyes. At the chocolate brown fur. He could dimly make out scars running along Haku's muzzle. But most of all the smell. Vark shivered. Haku's scent was dirty, bloody. In his imagination, Vark would have said it was the smell of violence. And of madness.
Vark remembered the stories of the demon who led the Dahlia de Mai. Terrible in battle, the epitome of rage and fury. Vark's emotions broiled. Fire lit in his eyes. He could learn from the demon leader of his pack. He sould learn how to make the coyotes pay for what they did. Vark felt rage build inside him. His claws gouged deep furrows in the ground as he stalked along beside his new leader.
[html]

300+

Perhaps it was Dahlia he had spoken of. The large secui took too much for granted nowadays. He was the leader of the flower power pack after waiting so long and he could only think of himself and not the pack. He thought that they existed to serve him whether they knew this immovable fact or not. Chocolate coated ears flickered when a wave of recognition crashed through the young boy and caused him to stutter. Although he offered no response to the boy, he was pleased as respect and fear caressed his sensitive hearing. This was how people should react when they heard the sound of his name. Too quickly had the taint’s last seed spread – he was quickly losing the important perspective that was going to help him keep the throne. He was not outside of danger, but he had issues seeing potential problems rising because of his imagined superiority.

A cold and emotionless snicker rolled out between two sets of fangs like a dark and toxic cough when compliments from the boy settled in his arrogant mind. ”War is Peace – I mean to cleanse this place.” Larkspur D’Angelo spoke of white and black and Haku would do his best to destroy what was good in this world. He and his demons feasted from hatred, sorrow and despair. He meant to cleanse this place for its filthy, unworthy vermin. Dark lips closed over yellowing fangs and he continued to walk towards the approximate center of the pack lands. Houses were starting to appear now and the scent of his son and those living with him were becoming more prominent. ”Follow the scented trail to its source and ask for Conor or Susquehanna. Tell them that Haku sent you.” Electric blue eyes finally turned to the youngster to make certain the younger canine understood what he said.

<style>

[/html]
(OOC: Shall I actually ask for Conor or Susquehanna? or will we finish this here? Smile If I walk up to the house, perhaps they could scent me coming and greet me, that is, if we're going to continue. )

As they travelled further and further into the lands of the Dahlia de Mai, Vark became more and more aware of houses and other such buildings that slowly came into view. The number of scents became very noticeable. Many of the Dahlia de Mai must live here, thought Vark. Some of the houses even had smoke coming from their chimneys. The large, chocolate male spoke, and Vark pricked his ears to listen. Vark dipped his head in respect and thanks, and repeated the names to make sure he would remember. Vark briefly put his muzzle to the ground, before he caught the scent which Haku spoke of. One particular smell stood out of all the others. It was laced with various hints of herbs and, cleanliness. The were also hints of linen, or a cloth of some sort. Vark believed this to be the scented trail. Vark looked up at his leader.
"Thank you, Haku." Vark dipped his head, pinned his ears back and lowered his tail, all in a sign of respect and gratitude. He then promptly turned and trotted off into the cluster of buildings, muzzle to the ground.
The scent was pretty much everywhere, but there was only one major scent, and Vark followed it confidently. Vark paused. He could now see the house from which the herby scent was coming from. A couple of houses down was another, small house. Vark trotted towards the door, to see that it was hanging open. Judging from the old scents in it, no one had set foot inside for quite some time. Vark made a quick reconnaissance trip around the house. It was small, and empty. Vark considered living by himself, somewhere away from the inhabited areas, but the thought of being alone was a bit scary. Vark looked up at the house, taking in its blurry outline. Perhaps he could live there. Vark made a decisive snuff through his nose, before turning, and followed the trail up to the scented house.