one of my turns [p. j.]
[html]

300+ words.

He never failed to bring a smile to her face, no matter the situation. Even when she had been so upset about her brother's silent departure and her mother's harsh words and swollen stomach, Haven had managed to make her feel like everything would be okay. She could not think of why it had taken her this long to realize that she loved him, but she guessed it was related to her fear of rejection, something always lurking beneath her skin. Her father had rejected her the moment she had been conceived, and her mother's best friend had rejected her before her birth. Multiple times now, she had been rejected by her brother and the woman she was loathe to call her mother. It was a recurring theme in her life, and she supposed that was why she had been so afraid to tell Haven how she felt about him. It had taken a long time for her to admit her feelings to herself, even.

Princess nodded slightly, giving a small shrug at his confusion. Such a thing had been expected, of course, since she had not given any hints that she would do this in the future. "I've been told that's what you do when you're in love," she said, as if the words were no big deal. Those were not the exact words anyone had given her, but the basic meaning. "I talked to Anu and Savina, and they both helped me realize a few things, and they also told me I should... Do what feels best." Again, those were not the words she had been told exactly, but the basic meaning. "And for me, Haven, you - we - feel best. I want to be with you. If... If you'll have me, I mean," she added awkwardly, realizing she had not the faintest idea if he would even want her around.

Table by Me!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread