i don't feel the same
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
He couldn’t believe two weeks had passed by while he was asleep. Two weeks was a long span of time, and a lot could happen. Like a surreal dream, his children had all seemed slightly bigger in what had seemed to him like a blink of the eye. Moon and Deirdre had taken good care of them, which made him proud, but what had he lost out on? And what if he had actually passed away, leaving his children forever without him? With Iskata gone, he was their only parent, and he knew all too well the horrors of losing both parents. Phoenix could never deprive his children of that so long as he could help it. So long as he had children that needed him, he would fight to survive and never give up. They were his inspiration, his reason to live.

Settling down next to his son, Phoenix swiveled his head down and planted a kiss on the boy’s forehead. His sons would never be too old for public displays of affection, or even just displays of affection, period. “So do I,” he said, referring his mate and Kansas’ mother. She had been gone too long… and knowing her, she probably hadn’t given up the search for their lost child yet. She had a stubborn streak longer than Storm’s river… and she had passed it along to Icarus. Kansas, though, was a bit more docile like him.

“Whatcha got on your mind, melisse?” he asked, using his favorite Russian-language nickname for the boys—it meant “little man,” which was what they were turning out to be. Pretty soon he would have to give his boys “the talk,” and it occurred to him that maybe this was what Kansas was about to ask him about. Hmm. He hadn’t given it before. Moon had pretty much figured it out on his own, especially after walking in on him and Iskata… probably during Kansas’ own conception. “Anythin’ you wanna know I’ll be happy t’ answer.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread