i don't feel the same
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
The day he’d shifted was a vivid memory in Phoenix’s mind. That was the day he’d transformed from prey into predator. A lynx had been trying to make a meal of him and chased him into a old hollowed-out log. Phoenix squeezed in and tried to stay out of the vicious feline’s razor-sharp reach, but the stress of the moment triggered his first transformation. By the time he was done, he had become a disoriented little optime, trapped inside the log. However, realizing something was different, Phoenix managed to break out of the rotting wood easily. Out emerged a different creature that had gone in and the Lynx hesitiated—but still leapt at him. Instinctively Phoenix swung at it with an arm and sent it flying into a boulder. It survived, but wanted nothing more to do with him and ran away, leaving Phoenix to marvel at his newfound strength.

Sometimes it happened on its own, sometimes young wolves had to trigger it themselves. Everyone had a different story, and Phoenix didn’t want to pressure Kansas into doing something before he was ready. That was the marvel of watching pups grow up, observing them as they gradually changed into the adults they were destined to be. Thus far Phoenix was proud of Kansas for being who he was. Quiet, thoughtful, observant—these were all good qualities to be. He just didn’t think he had to spell it out for his son because he thought it was obvious how much he loved him.

“No rush,” he said, trying to be comforting. “It’ll happen soon enough. Sometimes it jus’ happens on its own. I wasn’t even tryin’ t’shift when it happened t’ me th’ first time.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread