i don't feel the same
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
That’ll do.

Such horrors Phoenix had survived, but he had not come out completely unscathed. He’d been mildly traumatized by his ordeals by the time he came into Storm, certainly not the same rough-and-tumble pup who had gone into the fires. The fact that his children couldn’t fathom the terror he’d felt meant that Phoenix had done his job, protected them from harm and raised them in a loving environment. He didn’t want his children to be in danger, and while he admittedly sheltered them a little, they would still be capable of taking care of themselves by the time they were old enough to live independently from him… not that he wanted that to happen for a while.

He worried constantly for the ones he couldn’t watch over. He didn’t even know if Firefly was still alive out there, and that would haunt him until the day he died. At least he knew where Sun had gone—she had promised to return someday, but it had been almost seven months without a word from her. Moon’s failure to find her had done little to alleviate his concerns, and it had only meant that he’d missed his chance to watch his oldest son develop into his fine male he was becoming. Moon had chanced quite significantly during his time away, most of it fortunately for the better. But the fact that someone else had finally managed to coax Moon out of his shell, when Phoenix had tried and failed, made him slightly jealous.

But he could not deny that he was happy for his son. “Me too,” he said. “Have you two spent any time t’gether? You used t’ idolize him when you were smaller.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread