i don't feel the same
[html]

Sounds rad! You can post once more if you want, or just archive it. We can do a fade-to-black, where they go read some. SmileThis thread was fun!

Kansas hadn’t really considered the possibility that Moon had come to see Roman as more of a fatherly figure than he saw Phoenix. Since learning of Roman, he had thought that the two were just friends, not really knowing how old Roman was. The boy had assumed Roman was on the younger side, perhaps around the same age as Moon himself. Kansas knew Moon loved Phoenix – he had to, after being more or less raised by him. Icarus and Kansas would always see Phoenix as their only father – he had been there from the beginning, and in Kansas’ mind, always would be.

Kansas had been careful to read around his father to provoke compliments and praise, and he was so glad Phoenix really had noticed his studying. He wanted to be able to read and write well by the time he was an adult, and so far, things were going well. He grinned widely before answering, excitement making his voice tremble a bit. It seemed he was still trying to get a handle on his emotions – but this was a big thing for him. Reading was something he knew he could be good at, and this made him proud. "Yeah! I would love for him to help me. Naniko can’t be here all the time, so that would be great." He smiled more widely at the mention of his crush. "Papa, do you want to go back to the den and I’ll show you what I can read now?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread