one more cup of coffee 'fore I go
[html]

of course XP 300+

It was quite amazing, how far the two had come from their first meeting. Haven had been a playful youth who only saw the good in the world and Heath had been sarcastic and jaded. They had both gone through pretty impressive transformations. Haven knew he certainly hadn't expected to end up the serious wolf that he now was, but from that very first time he had seen the good in the morte dre Soul male. He had covered it up with brashness and attitude, but there had been a good heart underneath, it had only been bruised and disappointed. There were doubtless many that had dismissed Heath as nothing more than a troublemaker, and while they had had their disagreements, he had never given up on him. They shared a kindred spirit and he was always thankful to have Heath as a friend.

Haven chuckled along with Heath. Their King was certainly quite the character. It was times that the collie man acted out like this that the Knight didn't feel so bad for punching him in the face that one day. That day it hadn't been deserved, but Jacquez had certainly done other things that were worthy of punches. He still followed him, because he still believed that deep down Jac had the pack's best interests at heart, but he wasn't blind to his shortcomings. His job was to protect the pack, even from the King himself if he had to. Hopefully that day would never come and such worries were far from his mind now. If it had been anyone but Ruri this would have perhaps been the time to make some playfully raunchy comment, but Haven would have felt bad saying that about the sweet Dauphine. Instead, he found something else to tease Heath about. "Who woulda thought, you getting hitched to someone before me, eh? Mr. Noncommittal," he said, referencing their very first conversation.

When his own life was questioned only two events stood out starkly in his mind. One worthy of celebration and the other as far from it as possible. "Had something really good and something really bad happen," he prefaced, frowning sadly. "Firefly got attacked up north by two Dahlians. I had found her scent leaving the pack so I followed it. Only one of them was actually attacking her, but the other was just standing there watching, with a pup no less." Disgust leaked into his voice and he could feel the rage rise up in his chest. "When I came around the cowards took off, though I did get a few swipes in at one of them. I wanted to go after them, but Firefly was in horrible shape. I got her back her and got her help, but she lost her pups..."

<style type="text/css">
.Haven001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#111111; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Haven001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#545454; text-align:right;}
.Haven001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Haven001 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#cccccc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ven002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #111111; padding: 180px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#545454; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread