one more cup of coffee 'fore I go
[html]

oh wow, look, an atrocious wait... 300+

Haven had said nothing to their monarch because Ruri had asked him not to, but if problems once again arose and he wouldn't let the two alone then he would have no choice. It was his job to protect the pack and he included emotional badgering in that protection. The Knight would have liked to think he would never have cause to stop the King from doing such things, but Jacquez had always been a bit of a loose cannon when it came to some things. He had expected this, but now that it had happened he would just keep a close eye on the situation. He wasn't going to let anyone darken Ruri and Heath's happiness, least of all one of the top people that should be happy for the Dauphine. Such thoughts were banished at his friend's laugh though, and Haven grinned toothily, glad his comment had struck its mark. "I'm glad you are, man. You deserve it." Almost everyone deserved happiness, and Heath certainly did. Life had dealt him a rotten hand in the start, but things had turned around thankfully.

The Knight couldn't help the fire that burned in his gut relaying the story of what had befallen Firefly. It was a rage he had felt very few times, but it was potent and dangerous to whoever it was directed at. The images of the two Dahlians was burned into his mind and he would not forget their faces. Vowkeeper thirsted for their blood and he had every intention of sating that desire. He could feel the same righteous anger radiating off his friend. Attacking a pregnant mother was something wholly unforgivable. It was the actions of madmen and scum, those who were undeserving of respect and life. As Heath finally responded images of those dead, blood-covered pups flashed through his mind and he shook his head, trying to rid it of the horrible images. "I've sworn to repay blood with blood. I will not let something so heinous go unpunished. Those beasts deserve nothing less than death," he stated, his voice holding an unfamiliar edge. Haven meant every word of it though, he would not let this crime go.

Sighing heavily and looking off to the side he said, "We should speak of something else. I do not have the heart for such heavy subjects at the moment." Really he never did, aside from when it was his duty to report them or his ire was up. Haven wanted to speak of good things with his friend, not such tragedies. Speaking of Firefly's misfortune had made him all but forget the good thing he had yet to share with the hybrid.

<style type="text/css">
.Haven001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#111111; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Haven001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#545454; text-align:right;}
.Haven001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Haven001 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#cccccc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ven002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #111111; padding: 180px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#545454; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread