A new Life
[html]

Nah, it's fine. :] wc-440

A warm smile continued to rest upon his muzzle as she offered an apology and an explanation of her lack of knowledge of the area that immediately caught his interest. It seemed that he had stumbled upon another soul from across the ocean. “It seems we have something in common,” he began, an excited twinkle in his eyes. “I was born in Italia, across the sea. Where are you from?” His question was eager, friendly. He couldn’t distinguish any particularly familiar accent in her speech, and it was likely that he had never had the opportunity to visit whatever lands she called home. “And please, just call me Ehno,” he added with a light, amiable laugh. Ehno’s open and friendly nature gave him a natural aversion to such formal titles such as ‘sir’ unless absolutely necessary.

He shook his head briefly at her question. “No, I actually live in another pack, further west, called Crimson Dreams,” he said, nodding his head in the general direction of his home before adding, “Though my children live with their mother here in this pack. I came here for a while to visit them.” He kept the explanation short and sweet for the moment. There was no need for him to go diving into the intricacies of that situation unless the girl actually cared to listen. She went on to share a little bit about herself, mentioning that her father was once a pack wolf. “Ah, I’m sorry to hear that. I imagine it must have been rough. Though they certainly don’t sound like much of a pack, chasing out one of their members for falling in love,” he commented, brow furrowing slightly. It was then a thought occurred to him, that perhaps Adonia and her family had come here to find a new home. But he hadn’t noticed anyone but the girl herself around.

“Have you come here alone?” he asked, glancing around briefly in search of any other nearby souls. Neither sight nor scent gave him any sign of others in the immediate area. He returned his gaze to her own striking blue eyes. “It’s quite a journey to come across the ocean by yourself.” Ehno knew from experience just how daunting it could be to find oneself all alone in lands far from home. He’d ended up stranded in Nova Scotia by chance, with no one by his side. It seemed to be a common problem for the Marinos, considering that his two sisters faced much the same thing when first arriving in these lands themselves. The Dreamer hoped that his new acquaintance didn’t have to face this problem as well.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread