A new Life
[html]

wc-468

“Greece?” he repeated, the name rolling off his accented tongue. “I have never been there, but I have travelled through much of Europe. It is good to meet someone else from there,” he said, a friendly grin brightening up his features. The girl offered him another question and the grin faltered. He reached with one hand and scratched absent-mindedly at his lengthening mane, uttering a quiet, slightly ashamed laugh. “It’s a bit… complicated. We aren’t exactly mates. Friends, really.” He shrugged slightly, unsure how exactly he felt about the D'Angelo woman or how to describe their relationship. “She used to belong to my pack, but some unforeseen circumstances led to her leaving.” The woman, Naniko, had previously been the leader of Crimson Dreams, but falling victim to a drug addiction and leaving her drugs out in the open where it had harmed another pack member – Ehno’s young niece, specifically – had led to her expulsion. Complicated could only just begin to cover it.

Ehno’s amber gaze watched the girl closely as she explained her father’s situation. Her subtle movements and the way she danced around the subject told him that it was an uncomfortable one to bring up, and from the sound of things, he couldn’t blame her. In fact, the Dreamer male could sympathize with her situation, in part. “Ah, I’m sorry to hear that. Such an unreasonable way for a pack to behave.” He shook his head, finding no logical reason at all for a pack to look down upon wolfdogs, though he knew from experience just how unreasonable people could be. “I suppose I understand how you feel about your mother, though. My father wasn’t exactly the best. Simply abandoned my mother, siblings, and I because we were conceived out of mateship, and the pack didn’t like that.” The bitterness he felt toward the man was clear in his words. Ehno left the subject alone after that, knowing exactly how unpleasant dwelling on such a thing could be.

Another kind smile slipped onto his features as the subject shifted direction. It was a shame that the girl was all alone so far from home, but she seemed to have a positive attitude about it, starting her own life. “Going out and seeing the world is a great way to do that,” he commented. “I’d done a bit of soul-searching and traveling myself, when I was younger. Probably around the same age as you, I’d guess.” He eyed the wolfdog girl as he spoke. She seemed young, perhaps already crossing the threshold of adulthood. “Are you just passing through this region, or were you thinking of settling around here for a bit?” he asked, friendly curiosity dancing in his voice. There were certainly plenty of interesting sights for her to see around the territories of Nova Scotia.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread