Starting Anew
ooc: ...Sorry XD. I'm not so good with the timeline adhering, apparently!

word count: 398

ic: It took very little time for Jefferson to respond to the tri-color hybrid's howl. His single eye rested on the newcomers suspiciously for a moment, and then settled on Cerridwyn, ready to rebuke her if necessary, it seemed. She couldn't blame him; Jefferson was protective of the pack, she'd realized that the moment she met him. She wouldn't have even waited so long to call him under normal circumstances, but ensuring that the tiny pup was okay had been her first priority. Before she could reply, Fabayo began rattling off in what was, it was becoming apparent, her style. As soon as the golden pup was done, Ty reappeared, a little worse for wear. Cerridwyn watched him with concern as he detailed what he had discovered in the forest, essentially answering Jefferson's question for her. She did not hear what the tawny male whispered in the Patriarch's ear, but she had a pretty good idea of what was being said; she suspected the orphaning of the two young ones almost from the beginning. She nodded at the male as he limped in the direction of the river. If she didn't come across Angel soon, she would track the male down herself to ensure that his wounds were healing properly. The fact that he suspected the bear of being rabid was what worried her most; she was not familiar with the term rabies in and of itself, but she knew the fevered madness when it was described and she knew how incredibly contagious it was when fluids were exchanged.

She turned back to Jefferson, dipping her head in respect. "Tha' pretty much covers it," she said. "I 'eard th' li'l one's, Fabayo's, 'owl, an' came runnin' t'find 'er. She tol' me 'bout th' bear, then Aine popped up an' verified th' story. Ty was there soon after, an' it pretty much went frae there. I brough' th' pair a bi' deeper inta th' terr'tory t'get them 'way frae th' bear were it still 'bout." She hoped the leader wouldn't be angry about her bringing the pup and the yearling to the fields; she'd only done what she'd thought was best for the safety of the young ones, not to mention obeying the orders of Ty, ranked higher than herself. If it had been adult wolves at the border she might have hesitated, but pups were a different story altogether.

Messages In This Thread