Starting Anew
{ Ooc:

Character Name: Fabayo
Character Birthdate: February 14, 2010 (So about two months old. Ish.)
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: Canis lupus ortus
Your e-mail: awsomeness2008@hotmail.com
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): MSN, using the same email I listed above. PLEASE explain who you are if you add me; I tend to reject random requests.
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Google! }

A tiny golden wolf sat at the edge of the eastern border, howling pitifully. She couldn't have been more than eight weeks old, though her size made her seem more like a newly-born puppy. Her fur was matted and ripped out in places, giving her a ruffled, injured look despite the apparent lack of injuries. Her light gold eyes were closed tightly in her effort to get attention when she dared not cross over the line that marked the Phoenix Valley territory.

The pleading howl turned into a yelp as a particularly large mouse decided to nip her foot. The young Luperci growled angrily, snapping at the rodent. It scurried away and she didn't bother to follow, deciding to return to making a racket instead. Instinctively she lied down as the sun set, her tail curled up around her. She refused to stop howling; she needed attention.
word count: 363

Cerridwyn trekked along the borders of the Valley, something she tried to do at least once a day. Since she had been given actual duties as Tueris, she worked hard to fulfill them. She was still learning about Phoenix Valley -- but that's what her job was all about, wasn't it? It was something she'd been doing since she first joined, anyway, now she just did it with a bit more dedication.

It was getting on toward evening now, twilight creeping in through the not-quite-so-bare trees of the forest. She enjoyed this time of day, this transition between the brightness of the day and the darkness of the night. It was a time to feel closer to the spirits of the earth, for they made themselves known during transition times. The tri-color mix set a steady pace, using her stang, as usual, as a walking stick, hip bag bouncing gently against her side.

She lifted her nose to the gentle breeze; it still carried the scent of approaching spring, and it was delightful. It brought another scent to her wet nose just moments before the pitiful yawing arrived in her ears. Her eyes opened wide and she took off; it was the unmistakable sound of a puppy in distress, and it demanded immediate attention. It could have been one of the litter of three young pups the pack had; the voice sounded about that age. She didn't think so, though, it didn't sound quite right. And even though Delwyn had a tendency to wander, it was highly unlike Xeris or Pendzez to allow one of their little ones to get into a situation to warrant such distressed calls.

It took little time for her long legs to bring her to the puppy, a tiny golden thing sitting at the very eastern border of the packland. She was scruffy, curled up in a tight ball and howling for all she was worth. The collie-wolf rushed to the tiny form, laying her stang down and placing a hand upon the pup, a hand which was nearly the size of the child itself. "'Ey, 'ey, now, li'l one, ye've got someone t'come t'ye now, calm down."
Fabayo's howling immediately stopped as soon as she saw the older wolf. She gave a shy little whine, uncurling her tail and wagging it slightly. "W-who are you?" she asked cautiously, gazing up at Cerridwyn with pale gold eyes. She couldn't stop herself from yawning, and Fabayo shook her head in annoyance. She stood up to stretch her legs; they had been in one position for too long to be comfortable. Now that she was standing, the difference in size between her and Cerridwyn was even more apparent.

She's as big as Mom... Fabayo thought to herself in awe. She had never met another wolf as big as her parents, but she had also lived quite a sheltered life. She trusted her almost immediately, and had to force herself not to wag her tail. Manners, like Mom taught me, was her reminder. She dipped her head, pushing her tail back between her legs slightly. "I-it's nice to meet you..." Her words were a mumble, but the respect was there. She hoped it was; she couldn't afford to not be let into the pack. How was a two-month-old puppy supposed to survive on her own?
word count: 312

Cerridwyn let out a relieved breath as the little golden pup finally ceased her heart-rending cries. The Tueris wouldn't have been able to stand it much longer; there is a biological instinct in every normal female to take care of the smallest of the species, to nurture the young pups and keep them safe from harm, and the saddled femme was no different. The puppy's cries had made her almost frantic, creating anxiety in the pit of her belly that she would have given almost anything to make stop. She settled on her knees in front of the little stranger as the pup gave a shy whimper and spoke cautiously, daring to be happy for a moment, it seemed. The adult's cocoa colored eyes searched the puppy's form, looking for injuries. There didn't seem to be any; she was just a little scruffed up.

To Cerridwyn's surprise, the sun-colored baby ducked her head and tucked her tail in submission; what manners! She smiled warmly. She loved children; they brightened her day with their innocence and, well, they were just plain damned cute. "M'name is Cerridwyn, li'l un, an' ye've got yerself t'the borders o' Phoenix Valley. Wot's yer name, child, an' 'ow'd ye get 'ere? Yer parents cannae be too far off." In fact, it was pretty much impossible for the pup's parents to be too far off. She was barely two months old, and such a young babe would not be able to travel on its own without getting eaten by something bigger, or starving to death. For her parents to be even a half mile away would be highly unlikely if not impossible, especially now when there were two packs at war and Phoenix Valley was geographically located almost directly between them. The idea of an Inferni coyote coming across this little lupine baby sent chills to Cerridwyn's core.
Fabayo let herself look back up at Cerridwyn with a bit of a curious look. As soon as the question processed through her mind, however, she let out a whimper. "I- I dunno where Mom and Dad are... There was this giant black thing that attacked us while we were out walking with Aine... It scared me so I hid in a bush. Mom and Dad didn't, and I ran away when I heard them screaming... Now I can't find Aine, she's my big sister, and Mom and Dad are gone..." Fabayo sounded completely terrified, and she curled back up into a ball, shaking. She whimpered again, the sound pathetic.

"I- I've been running all day and I'm tired and I'm hungry and I still can't find her and I'm scared!" She twitched, burying her head in her paws in an attempt to hide from the world. She was already starting to trust Cerridwyn, but she couldn't deal with this anymore. She had to do something to separate herself from it.
[html]
Out of the shadows bursted the warrior-wolf known as Ty, out for some boarder patrol as he usually was. It was the howling from the little pup that had got his attention, but he hadn't shown up as quick as cerridwyn because he hadn't recognized the scent of the pup. And while being a rather open-minded wolf, he couldn't help but be somewhat cautious around scents he did not recognize. He had been slower, but stealthier, attempting to move to lessen the sound of his coming. When he finally did arrive, Cerridwyn was there long before he had shown up.

When he did get there, he didn't say anything at first, but instead his eyes browsed over the situation with a certain scrutiny. The pup before him was slightly wounded, and apparantly there had been a struggle neaby, but that's all Ty could get from purely looking at the situation. Someting obviously had happened, the smell of blood had trinkled into Ty's nose, but what exaclty did happen? Ty wasn't sure, but he didn't want to blow an emrgency call just yet and get the leader involved. Once Ty got a basic assessment, he was right down to business."Cerridwyn, what happened here?" He asked the female. "This...doesn't look good, how long has she been here? Where are her parents?"
[/html]
word count: 371

Cerridwyn wanted with all her heart to scoop the little pup up in her arms and snuggle her. However, the puppy was skittish, and the collie mix did not want to panic her any more than she already was. Her brow furrowed as the little female spilled out what had brought her here, ending with a desperate, very puppylike admission of terror. She did not scoop the little one up, but did place both hands on the tiny form, massaging her ears and trying to send calming energy. "Shh, shh, li'l un, yer safe now, nothin' can 'urt ye 'ere."

The puppy's story disturbed her. There was no telling what this "black thing" might be -- it could be anything from another wolf to a bear. Either way it had flat out attacked two adult wolves and two puppies; possibly three adults and a puppy, depending on how old this Aine was, and that made it a threat. Even if the little one had been running all day, that woudn't have been very far, considering how small she was. Cerridwyn's chocolate eyes flicked to the woods behind the pup before she could stop them, even though she smelled no danger.

Before she could say more to comfort the little one, a tawny figure burst through the trees, and Cerridwyn's attention was jerked that way, her body tensing up, startled. She relaxed and let out a breath as she recognized him -- Ty. Good. "I dunno fer sure 'ow long she's been 'ere, Ty, I only go' 'ere a few moments ago m'self. The pup's fine, she en't got no injuries, jus' scruffed up a bit an' terrified out 'er wits. She said she was out wi' 'er parents an' 'er big sister when they were attacked by somethin' large an' black. She ran 'way an' los' track o' th' rest o' 'er fam'ly." She didn't say it out loud because she didn't want to scare the poor thing more than she already was, but she gave Ty a meaningful look. He would understand the implication of the threat even better than she, and would be in a better position to do something about it. "We need t'get 'er into th' packlands."
Fabayo's initial reaction to Cerridwyn's touch was to jump slightly. Then she relaxed, getting closer and closer to sleep. She growled softly, the sound similar to a cat's purr. Her eyes flew open as soon as her saviour tensed up. She took one look at Ty and whimpered again, going back to her 'hiding-position'. She wrapped her tail even more tightly around her, ignoring the stick that was jabbing into her side. This new wolf scared her, and she wasn't coming out of this position until he was gone.

As she was hiding, it was easy to hear what Cerridwyn and Ty were saying. There was a strange note to the collie-wolf's voice, but it was impossible for Fabayo to figure out what it meant. She whined again, this time annoyed at herself. She was starting to fall asleep. Fabayo closed her eyes, head still buried in her paws. It didn't take her long to fall asleep; she was exhausted.
{OOC:
1. Character Name: Aine
2. Character Birthdate (including year): May 2nd 2009 (So... twelve months)
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci since she was born
4. Species: Canis Lupus and Newfoundland dog mix ortus
5. Gender: Female
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): Nyx_of_the_night85@hotmail.com and make sure to include that you are from here... or Nyxx85 is my AIM
7. How you found 'Souls: Fabayo joined then invited me to join.}

A lone black wolf dog travelled through the forest as fast as she could for the amount of time she had been travelling. Although she was fairly fit for the dreamer she was, she was not a puppy anymore no matter how energetic she was in play. Her powerful body needed a fair bit of food to work at maximum ability and she had chased in the direction of where Fabayo had gone rather than grabbed food. Which is why she was wandering at not quite a running pace, trying to track where the scared wolf pup went. Sharp bits of branch stabbed into her paws as she moved and she ignored them the best she could, just trying to find the golden pup. She wanted to make sure that she was alright after the horrible scene she had found earlier after she had wandered off... The thought of this made Aine concentrate her reddish purple eyes on the forest before her as she moved as delicately as she could through the forest so she could defend Fabayo if she had to.

Just when Aine was thinking she wouldn't find the direction of the young 2 month old pup, she heard Fabayo howl. The 12 month old gave a whine of both relief and worry. Relief that the puppy was alright rather than that she had died before Aine was able to get to her but also worry at that alone sound. She didn't want Fabayo to sound so distressed. She rushed off in the direction of the puppy howl and even when it ceased, she still remembered where it came from. She followed the echoing silence left in the wake of the distressed howl, hoping that she'd make it in time... That Fabayo wasn't dead. There was a sense of cold in her bones at the thought and she concentrated on the scent of Fabayo, mixed with the scent of grass, to get away from those depressing thoughts.

Eventually, she managed to arrive at the scene where Fabayo was still under the hands of a collie mix. There was another wolf too but Aine didn't care. Her first priorty was Fabayo and she rushed out of the trees. She almost tackled Fabayo in the way she usually greeted the pup but then realized that if the pup was asleep, she didn't want to wake her up. So... There was a futile attempt to stop for the huge wolf dog before she crached into a nearby tree head first. She shook her head, for the moment dazed, sitting down. Then she looked over at where Fabayo was and jumped over to her. "Fabayo... Fabayo! Are you ok?" Aine asked with a bit of a whine, trying to be quiet but naturally failing at quiet. "I was so worried about you... I thought you were dead!" The black wolf fell down front paws first to the ground, her hindquarters fllowing soon after. The sudden motion caused her matted floppy ears to slam against her head and she nudged Fabayo with her thick snout. Her tail was down in her worry, not even shaking a little bit at finding the pup.

She didn't notice the other two there at all. Not at first as she started to look over Fabayo for injury, moving the pup's fur with her big webbed paws. When she was satisfied, she calmed a little bit and then she noticed the two. She raised up quickly to her paws, looking extremely startled. Her eyes widening was easy to notice with the white angel eyes above her real eyes. "Who are you?" Aine asked, tilting her head in a questioning way. She would've been more frightened but she was fairly big for her age although not bigger than the average female gray wolf yet. Are you going to hurt us?" Aine's tail went in between her legs at the last question and she moved closer to Fabayo.
[html]

"AINE!" Fabayo shouted, waking up the minute her older sister slammed into the tree. She stood up in a flash, glomping the large half-wolf. "Are you okay I was so scared and Mom and Dad got attacked and then I ran and I couldn't find you and a mouse bit my foot and I was howling and howling and you didn't come and I'm tired but I don't wanna sleep 'cause the brown wolf scares me but the other one is nice she found me and has a funny accent!"

It was amazing how fast Fabayo could talk when she wanted to; that entire speech was said within twenty seconds. She whined anxiously, waiting for an answer from Aine. Until she started making sure she wasn't hurt, anyway. As soon as that happened she stood perfectly still and silent, waiting for Aine to finish. Once her sister started talking to Cerridwyn and Ty, Fabayo couldn't stop herself from talking. "One of them is named Cerridwyn and she's the one who rescued me. The other one I don't know his name but he scares me."

[/html]
word count: 358

The tri-color female's eyes went back to the pup's form as she tensed for a moment, but then relaxed. Relaxed enough, in fact, to begin to doze a little. Cerridwyn might have chuckled to herself if she hadn't been so concerned. Oh, to be a puppy. Her hand shot to her stang as she heard a rustling from the forest; something was coming at them, and it was coming at a high speed. Thinking of the threat that had quite probably taken care of the little one's parents, Cerridwyn was on her feet in seconds, stang held in front of her. Not that she had much skill with staff fighting (or any kind of fighting), but she figured she could knock whatever it was a good conk or two on the head before Ty would jump in to the rescue. She continued to stand and stare as the form burst from the trees; not a big black monster, but a hybrid yearling which, while black, was quite obviously no threat. She showed this quite thoroughly by barreling headfirst into a tree.

The Irish female relaxed a bit as the newcomer began to fawn over the golden puppy, and the puppy showed considerable excitement in return. One would never know she had been dozing but moments ago. She took a breath to assure the yearling -- obviously Fabayo's Aine -- that no one was going to hurt her, but Fabayo answered before Cerridwyn could get a word out. She couldn't help but chuckle. "Nae, yer in no danger 'ere," she reaffirmed. "Aye, I'm Cerridwyn, and this is Ty," she said, nodding her head in the Senex's direction. Her attention shifted to Fabayo for a moment. "No need t'be afeared o' him, li'l un. 'E'll nae 'urt ye." Her chocolate eyes studied the black yearling for a moment; there were no obvious injuries here, either. "Yer Aine, obviously. Fabayo gave us an idea o' wot 'appened, an' we can go inta detail la'er iffen we need ta. Th' mos' pressin' question, though, Aine, will be are ye 'urt at all, an' is there a threat t'us righ' now?"
[html]
Ty listened to the two little wolves, they were obviously in distress. Something had happened and now these two were most likely the only two left. After weighing his options, he spoke to the children directly. "Don't worry, you two are safe now," he said with what authority he could muster, Ty was never one for giving orders, but someone had to take charge. "But I need you two to listen to me, alright? I want you two to follow Cerridwyn, if there is a threat, it's probably still nearby, and I wouldn't want you two to get hurt out here." His eyes began to dart around, attempting to look for any motion nearby, it was unusal for a threat not to finish what it started, these two kids were still in danger.

That's when Ty's attention turned to Cerridwyn, he gave a small comforting smile to her and stated "I'm certain you can lead the two deeper into the Valley borders? We certainly can't just leave them here." He explained to the irish lady before him. Although his face was trying to reamin calm, it was obvious his muscles were tensed up, and his nose was flaring in an attempt to get a different scent then the ones eminating by his present company. His eyes were darting all over the place, constintly wary for any signs of danger. "I will be behind you shortly, I'm just going to see if the intruder is still around. When you get to the feilds, sound for the leaders, they should know what to do." His glace was temporarily distracted by a small noise in the bushes, but realizing it was nothing his focus turned back to Cerridwyn. "Is that clear?"
[/html]
ooc: Kind of skipping posting order here, but it made more sense to me to go ahead and jump in now. Short, blargh, sorry.

ic: Before Aine could answer Cerridwyn's query, Ty began to speak, asking the collie mix to lead the two young ones deeper into the packlands. She admired his ability to seem calm despite the fact that she knew he must be anxious about the possible threat to the pack. She agreed that leading them away was the best course of action; not only would it get the young ones (and herself) further from any danger, it would also clear the air so that Ty could scent clearly without distraction. She wondered what this beast could be that had dared threaten three wolves and a pup. Surely not a coyote? Fabayo had only mentioned one beast, and a single coyote, while it might attack a lone wolf, would be out of its mind to attack two adults and a yearling, especially when there was a puppy to defend.

She nodded her head at the orange male. "Aye, 's clear," she said, and turned to the pair of newcomers. "Come wi' me, then, young 'uns, an' le's try not t'make too much noise." With that, the willowy female turned to go deeper into the territory, glancing back to make sure Fabayo and Aine were following.
[html]

Ooc: Sorry I keep changing my table-thing like this. ^^; I'm just trying to find something that I like, and my HTML skills are fail. I don't care about posting order, by the way. As long as it makes sense, just go ahead and post. My 'bold' tags don't work for some reason, and I need to figure out why, so for now you do not get bold speech. Hope you can still figure out someone's talking. =)

Side note: Woot! 310 words! Fear my epic skills~!
Ic: "Does this mean we get to join your group?” Fabayo asked cautiously. She had never been part of anything besides her family before; both of her parents hadn’t been part of a pack. The young puppy had never had a chance to live with more than four wolves at a time. Fabayo had no idea what it would be like to live in a pack; she didn’t even know the proper name for it. She just figured it would be an adventure, which made it interesting to her.

Fabayo jumped on top of Aine while waiting for an answer, since she refused to move until her sister did. She heard Ty mention something about being brought to the leaders, but she didn’t really know what those are. What did register in her brain was the thing about the ‘giant black thing’ possibly still being around. Fabayo honestly didn’t know if it could be or not, since she had bolted the minute she got the chance. She glanced down at Aine, a worried look on her face. She had been tired before, but now she was wide awake.

“What happens when we go to meet the Leaders?” Fabayo asked. Despite her worry, she was still curious. She didn’t know the customs and everything that went with a pack. “Are they going to make me do a test? What happens if I fail? Will I get kicked out? And what if I do get to join and no one likes me? What will I do then? What if I can’t hunt when I’m older because I’m so small? What if I get picked on? Will I have to be nice to everybody? Will they like Aine? Will they tease her? What will happen when I turn into a different form like Mom told me I’d be able to someday? Will people laugh?”

[/html]
{Sorry, some of the post is from when I was workign on a response earlier. If a certain spoken sentence doesn't work out with what you want to do or say then pretend Aine mumbled it or something... Also... I figure Cerridwyn is in Optime form?}

Although Aine had jumped towards Fabayo, it was almost unnecessary since the pup jumped at her soon after, showing she was alive. That calmed the black wolf dog more than anything. She went down partially to make it easier for the pup to glomp her since the pup was so much smaller than she was. She nudged Fabayo's side, her worried whines changing so they were more happy. Her tail was wagging and it took a bit for Aine to translate the rather fast speech from Fabayo. Once Aine got what Fabayo has said to her, she waited until after she was done inspecting the golden pup before answering. It gave her time to think of what to say. “I'm ok... I got a bit separated from you and your parents exploring.” Aine said “When the attack happened, the thing was still there so I couldn't move with my bulk unless I wanted to risk its attention and I didn't because I'd be leaving you alone if I did. So you were far away by the time I could try to find your howling.” She knew the explaination was a little bit complicated for a two month pup but it was also for the others to know now that she was sure they were alright. She was wary of them but at least the female had Fabayo's approval.

She hadn't even noticed the female tense up when she had entered but now she could notice them a bit more. The brown wolf was the one who didn't attract her attention as much. For some reason, she was comfortable with him, perhaps because he seemed to have a straightforward personality? It had been the female she had felt more unsure about and now that she was calmer, specially with the female's assurence, she was able to be startled to realize that Cerridwyn was in a form with hands. She was standing on her back legs in this form with hands... And people were alright with it, even Fabayo seemed comfortable. It was strange for her because this was the first time she had seen someone like that... Other than herself on the full moon, reflected in the water after that urge to shift. But she had never really know it was ok. Her father couldn't change like she could or didn't around her. Fabayo's parents, she had been planning to tell but they had also not changed around her if they could change. So she went forward to kind of smell the woman's hands and just wonder at it.

At the same time, she HAD been paying attention to the question, somehow. The idea of referring back to the threat and everything easily made her think of it. “I'm not hurt and I'm pretty sure it went in a different direction.” Aine told her, her voice kind of dazed in surprise or shock. “Now... How do you look the way you do? Is it normal?” Aine asked the last part hesitantly with a faint sense of curiousity, moving over to paw Cerridwyn's leg before looking up at her questioningly with her reddish purple (or was it purpleish red?) eyes. She did her best to not show that faint sense of hope or desperation to her question. She still didn't want this woman to know she could shift like that, she didn't really trust the woman yet. But she did want to know about it and hoped that her nature made it seem more normal that she was just asking that. After all, she wanted to know if it was safe to change into the form even if she wasn't willing to let them know about it and would hide that she could change into it.

When the other wolf spoke up, she jumped, having forgotten he was there. When he told her and Fabayo to listen, she did. Before she could really answer him though, he went off into the forest. She hoped whatever it was that had attacked Fabayo's parents hadn't followed them. Aine followed Cerridwyn, not even seeming to notice Fabayo was on her back. But then, she was pretty big and also strong because of her mother's heritage, carrying Fabayo wasn't hard though it required a bit of balance. She was sure the small two month old pup wasn't expecting it which was why she was carrying Fabayo on her back. When the golden pup asked her questions, Aine listened to them, planning on answering the ones she could guess though. She was a little startled by Fabayo being able to turn into another form but she must've missed that discussion because those two had not thought she could shift. "I don't know about the pack stuff but I don't think they'll tease me... Although I'm glad you are concerned about me Fabayo." Aine commented then added a bit quietly "As well... Didn't you notice the form Cerridwyn was in? If it was strange and weird for the other form to be taken then Ty wouldn't seem so comfortable with Cerridwyn's form. Although... I still don't know if it is normal in general."

Indeed, Cerridwyn had hands and was on two feet. That had been what Aine was questioning about. Of course, she was surprised both Fabayo and her parents were capable of changing forms but she had never asked. She had also never let on that she could do it or revealed her forms so it wasn't surprising that they didn't reveal it in the time, not wanting to bother her with something she possibly couldn't do and not knowing that she had been able to shift since she was born, possibly another thing from her mother. Certainly, her father never seemed to have it. She needed to ask and to check if it was normal in general, she couldn't be sure about it.
ooc: I was going to wait for Ty to post again, but it's been a couple of days and I know it sucks waiting on your joining thread to finish up Wink. All is well, and yeah, Cerridwyn is in optime form Smile. She always is unless otherwise specified.

word count: 365

ic: Cerridwyn listened to the pair's questions as they made their way further into the safety of the Valley, slightly relieved that, according to Aine, anyway, the "monster" seemed to have gone off in a different direction. Her brows shot up in mild surprise as Aine forthrightly asked about her form. She was not surprised that Aine wasn't familiar with a shifted form; after all, she had been in quite a similar situation when she'd first arrived. She was surprised that the yearling so easily asked such questions. The collie-mix had never even gotten up the courage to discuss the matter at all, with anyone. "M'form... 's normal fer these parts, apparently. Nae, Fabayo, no one'll laugh at ye when ye get old 'nough t'shift. En't many 'round 'ere that dun shift."

She laughed a little to herself as the golden pup rattled off questions. She'd gotten good practice with this talking to Delwyn, and she answered them as they walked, one by one. "I'll call th' leaders when we get deep 'nough inside the terr'tory. Ye'll nae 'ave t'worry 'bout a test, li'l one. An' I cannae imagine a single pack member nae likin' one so sweet an' endearin' as yerself." She smiled down at the pup. "Ye'll nae likely be picked on, an' iffen ye are, y'jus' lemme know an' I'll take care o' it. It's generally a good idea t'be nice t'e'eryone, yes. An' dun ye worry 'bout Aine, she'll nae be teased'r picked on, neither." She chuckled at the tyke's question about hunting. "I dun think ye'll 'ave any problem 'untin', Fabayo. Smaller means swifter an' there's allus a place fer a swift wolf when th' pack 'unts." She thought she'd covered everything that Fabayo had asked, though she wasn't a hundred percent sure. Either way, the female thought they'd reached deep enough into the packlands to be safe for now. "All righ', we'll stop 'ere, then," she said to the sisters; they'd reached Firefly Fields. The hybrid leaned her head back and let loose a howl, calling for either Geneva or Jefferson, or both; it was short, and to the point: I have pups here, possible danger, we need you here.
[html]

ICly Jefferson was not in the pack when this happened due to the Dawali switch, but we're making an exception here. I'm going to ask for one post more out of Cerr, Aine, and Fabayo -- short and sweet if need be -- and then this will be closed up by me. Smile Cerr and Ty (if he posts) can ignore the fact that Jefferson's "not supposed to be there" for the sake of lessening confusion.

He was prompt. It was convenient that he'd been passing by at the time, though the pack still believed he and Dawali were switched permanently. What could he say -- he was Phoenix Valley's real leader, and the cyclops couldn't help but wander past to make sure things were still functioning. It was not that he didn't trust Dawali, that wasn't the case at all, but that he was just a naturally overprotective creature, and the pack was something of his... baby. In reality he was a terrible father, but when it came to leading his pack, it was at the top of his priorities.

When it came to a sound of urgency sent into the sky, Jefferson had no second thoughts. He was off like a flash, two-legged and thus faster than his three-legged form. Whomever got their first would be the first response, whether it was he, Geneva, or even Dawali -- but that didn't stop him from rushing anyway. When he came upon them near the pack's borders, the cyclops dropped a suspicious eye on the two strangers, matched with two of his more trusted pack members. Single green eye shifted to Cerridwyn sharply. "Someone had better start explaining," was all he said, not bothering to explain why he was even there.

<style type="text/css">
.airplanes b {font-weight:bold; color:#827165; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#95A0A9; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.airplanes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.airplanes {margin:0 auto; width:399px; background-color:#EBF1F6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #49361E; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95A0A9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"Are you one of the leaders? Aine and I were walking with my parents and then we got attacked by a giant black thing and Aine got away and I hid in a bush 'till it was distracted and then I ran 'cause I didn't wanna get eaten and then Cerridwyn found me and we've been talking and then Ty showed up and he scared me but I know he's nice now and I couldn't find Aine and then she showed up and now we're trying to find a leader so Aine and I don't have to live by ourselves!" All of that was said in a single breath; Fabayo really could talk fast when she wanted to. As soon as she was done talking she figured out that the new wolf that had shown up must have been one of the leaders.

She yelled at herself mentally, then jumped down off of Aine's back. She instantly went into a respectful pose, head bowed and tail between her legs slightly. "Umm... it's nice to meet you?"

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Yea, sorry about the wait, I've had a long, rough week, there has been a mix of things going on in my life right now. I'll post once for the time I missed, then whoever's left, then Lin can close it if need be.

It had taken a while for Ty to return, but when he did, he was not in the best shape. It was obvious by the blood running down Ty's now limping front paw, the scratches on his side, and the bleeding forehead that Ty hadn't exaclty meant to take so long to return, but he had a look in his eye that said it all; he was lucky to be alive, let alone standing in front of the group. "Well...I found the 'big black thing' attacked the family..." He said in a panting, exhausted voice to the group.

After a second of two of coughing blood, Ty realized that Jefferson had shown up, much to his own surprise. Ty hadn't exactly seen Jefferson face-to-face for quite a while, so seeing him today was rather odd. "Oh good, you're here, perhaps you can accept the kids into the pack." He said, not hiding the surprise in his voice at finding Jefferson. However, there was a more pressing matter at hand, which Jeff made perfectly clear with his demand to know what's going on.

As the blood dripped from his head, he motioned to the woods behind him, straight to business. "There was...a black bear in our territory, it's mouth was frothing, and it's body swayed unnaturallly, I can only suspect that it was rabid." He stated, however swaying closer to Jefferson, not wanting to frighten the children with the next bit of news. His eyes darted towards the children, a small hint of remorse crossed his face as he whispered into the leader's ear. "It was heavily wounded before it found me, which is why I live. From what the children said, the parents of these wolves most likely distracted the bear long enough for the pups to get away...that being said, I think these children are orphans now."

Ty then pulled back, now attempting to regain his balance, his eyes pasing over Cerridwyn and the pups others to make sure nobody was hurt and the situation was under control, though with Jefferson here he really didn't need to do such a thing. "The bear is dead now though. However, I wouldn't reccommend anyone go venturing into the northeast corner of our borders for a while...it's going to take a bit of time for that thing to decay."

With a heavy grunt and a small wince, Ty began to limp away from the others. Although his eyes were still screaming with the message of shock he had just seen, the tone in Ty's voice was fairly nonchalant, either he was trying very hard to keep the new pups from being frightened or something was disconnecting in his brain, which either could be possible with the way Ty was banged up. "I'm going to the river to clean myself up." He said as he limped toward the river, if Ty couldn't find someone like Angel, he could at least clean his wounds in the water. "If any of you see Angel, could you direct her to me? I'd rather not leave a blood trail all over the Valley."

And with that comment, he disappeared into the trees, not exactly waiting for a response from anyone.
[/html]
Cerrdiwyn seemed a little surprised by her question and it made Aine wonder if that was because the forms were so normal in these parts. However, then Cerrdiwyn answered Aine's question and the part newfie realized the surprise was for a different reason. She paused for a moment. "So it is normal..." She said, not noticing the happy sound in her voice before she continued to move. She was even more surprised when the part collie added that there aren't many in the pack who couldn't shift. "I suppose I can try if I can get myself to." Aine said this last part quietly and cryptically, though she was close enough to the other two to be heard. She kind of wished she could move away from them both now for her own quiet time, having hinted to a secret that she had never told anyone before, but since Fabayo was talking to Cerrdiwyn and riding on her back, the wolf decided against it. Still, she felt a little awkward and she hoped that there wouldn't be any comments about it.

She listened to the answers to Fabayo's questions, smiling when the older wolf gave the compliment to the golden wolf. She shifted a little bit in place to position Fabayo a little better on her back. When the older female gave the howl, Aine nearly jumped. When the other wolf responded to howl promptly. Aine showed as much respect as she could to the older wolf that came. Her ears were floppy so they were always down but her tail went down and she looked at the ground. Although he was giving them a suspicious eye, Aine didn't want to cause any trouble. Specially since she suspected this was the leader or, at least, he had a dominant stance to him. Although, when Fabayo started to talk at warp speed, Aine snorted. Then Fabayo jumped down and said how she was pleased to meet the wolf. Aine nodded in approval before doing something close to a bow, because she was a little bit of a nut when it came to human culture. "Pleased to meet you too." She said, going out of the bow before going over and nuzzling Fabayo in a older sister way.

When Ty came back, Aine turned to look at him, blinking at the injuries. The metallic smell of his blood was strong and she nearly sneezed. It was new knowledge for Aine that it was a bear that attacked Fabayo's family, she had been a little off from the group when the thing had attacked. She tilted her head in curiousity when he whispered, wanting to know what he said but unwilling to ask. When Ty said the bear was dead, she nodded. "Good, thank you." She told him quietly, possibly too quiet for him to hear. Then she watched him move off into the trees, hoping he would be alright after he cleaned his injuries and everything.