There's a time for everything
[html]

Surely the boy did not understand. He was a fool to have followed his father so blindly for so long. Gabriel and the whole of the territory around them knew of Haku’s deeds. Even his own followers had been confronted by the beasts’ action. Yet this child stood tall and judged a man who had seen more war then he had peace, who had killed more then he ever would. Gabriel saw this in the wolf-child’s face and knew that what had happened was beyond the boy. While he tried to be mighty, he was nothing. He was weak like his mother.
     Gabriel’s ears twitched, and his face turned stormy. “I’ll tell you now,” he began. “, the last time I made a pact like this it was broken. Don’t do the same.” He paused to let the words sink in, the unspoken threat. Then he went on. “You’ll have your peace. Go back and tell your wolves. I’ll do the same here.” And like that the war had ended. It felt far from over, so long as the singular demon lurked out in the forest. The day he fell they would have peace.
     Until then, there was only conflict.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread