ARCHIVE HIGHLIGHT: A few Souls "canon" questions
1. Literacy is uncommon, for the most part (on a scale of common, uncommon and rare). While there are some luperci that can read and write, it's not very prevalent. You either have to have someone teach you or teach yourself, which is difficult. A lot of the older books are in bad condition, and the remaining ones aren't necessarily easy to read. That is, there's no way to know which books will survive, so if you try to teach yourself, you might accidentally pick up a book on microbiology... and be horribly confused. Also, they'd have to find a book in the language they speak. We sort of assume that luperci pick up the languages from where they lived. It would have probably been passed down to wolves and coyotes by dogs, who had the most interaction from humans, now that I think about it.

So the easiest way is to find someone who knows how to read. Writings more uncommon. The only few I can think of are Phoenix, Faolin and Tayui that can write. Phoenix left Iskata (DaVinci's mother) a letter, and Faolin left Gabriel a letter. Tayui has been practising her reading and writing for the last five years, but it's slow going. I'm not sure how many other characters can read and write, but it's not very common.

2. Answered this question on the Formspring, but to sum it up: no. Very few luperci are religious, since we don't really have any reason to believe canines are religious. So I think we just assumed they were either agnostic or worshipped some basic nature gods, if at all?

3. Huh, totally forgot about this. I think we all play luperci as being able to see colour, so I think non-luperci would probably still be colourblind, while luperci would.

Messages In This Thread