We Meet At Last
[html]

When Ayita confirmed Ruri's initial speculations, the slate and ivory femme felt a deep breath of relief exit her lungs. At least she had remembered the woman's name, now perhaps Ruri could work on building a friendship with her. The other wolfess' question regarding her pups brought a gentle shake of the Border collies head indicating a negative to that inquiry. Her long silver locks danced side to side as she shook her head, resembling the rippling currents of a gentle water fall trickling down a gray rock face."I'm afraid I haven't yet had the privilege of meeting your pups, but I would like to very much," the lautari was fondest of puppies, and she relished the chance to interact with them whenever it was given.

Ayita's next inquiry was not entirely unexpected by the Dauphine. Milky blue eyes were directed in the direction of the other woman's voice, in her usual attempt to make some sort of eye contact. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Ayita, and don't worry you're not being rude in the least. It's a logical question, and I don't mind a bit. The answer is, yes. I'm blind and I can't see anything with my eyes. I've been this way since birth. However, I wouldn't necessarily say that I can't see anything," she paused and held up her white-furred hands, as if to give a visual example to what she was about to say. My other senses--touch, smell, and hearing--are keener than most other luperci or so people tell me. I see the world through what I hear, smell and feel. For instance, I smelled you coming long before you introduced yourself. Then, when I heard your voice, which is very pretty by the way, and matched that to your scent. You've been to the stable's recently, haven't you? I can barely smell the horses and hay on your fur. Did you meet my mate, Heath, while you were there?" She questioned, her ears perking in interest. The scents of the stables were indeed faintly clinging to Ayita, so little that it must have been at least a day since Ayita had been there. Ruri could barely detect it, but the scent was so familiar that she recognized it immediately. She dared not get into the subject of touch with Ayita right now. The collie hybrid could talk for hours on how her sense of touch was her most vivid way of viewing the world, something she usually reserved for only her closest friends and family. However, she thought she had sufficiently explained her point.

When asked what had brought her to Lunenburg, the Dauphine's lips curved in a slightly timid smile. "I came to try and find some clothes to wear now that the weather is warming up. All I have are cold weather clothes, so I wanted to find at least one thing to wear for the spring and summer. In all honesty, I don't wear clothes all the time. I just want something that I can put on when I'm in the mood for it. The collie girl generally believed that wearing clothes should be only on certain occasions, not the entire time. In fact, when the weather was really nice, wearing clothes seemed silly to the blind girl. Part of this could be blamed on the fact that she had been raised by Jacquez, the sun king who thought that walking around 'au naturale' was best. Ruri was slowly becoming more accustomed to the idea that wearing clothes was also a good idea, but part of her would never be willing to sacrifice the feeling of wearing nothing but her fur and enjoying the warm sun. THat was just how she was.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread