Its not that Simple
300+[html]

Perhaps it was odd that she held no sadness for lacking a mother. She and her siblings had not gone unloved in her absence so that perhaps made it far less harsh. Instead it had instilled within her a fear that she would meet a very similar end. When Heath spoke his tone was heavy. Anann could feel the sadness in the words as he spoke of his own mother. I'm sorry. It must have been rough. She did not really know what more to say.

Anann believed the it was partially true that they had simply need something to believe in. It had all originally started as little more than rumor. Turning to legend as it continued through the generations. I suppose, but now that I am gone they will have to learn to believe in themselves. I hope they do anyway. She had hoped her leaving would break the chain. The the lower class of Tosawi would finally see the dark deeds of their leaders. Still I can't help but feel as if I've abandoned them. I was raised and trained to protect the city. I left in the wake of war because the hierarchy had become corrupt. The war was unjust and there no other way I could open their eyes. It was because of such feelings she had abandoned the Harleigh name that had been given to her at birth. Kelevra is not my surname. It is a titled reserved for traitors and deserters. She gave a slight laugh, but it was not the normal light laugh she had, instead one still heavy with her dark mood. It means 'bad dog'.

Finally touching on thoughts that were at the core of her troubled mind. I did not leave because I wanted to or because I was afraid. I did what I was thought was best for my people. She had been sure at the time even though it had cost her everything she had known and loved (Rem excluded of coarse). Though doubt had since taken root. She was defenseless now to do anything about it. That's why I'm meeting Gavin. To know how the war fairs and hopefully he brought me some supplies I asked for. The trader's route brought him out this way and so no one would think his trip odd. I hope this doesn't change things between us. She had not concealed her personality or nature, only her past. She knew it was a lot to digest. Tosawi was different from the place she now called home. She wished she could so him the happy place she had grown up in, but now all she saw there was the shadow of corruption that ruled unseen to most.

<style type="text/css">
.annansad b {font-weight:bold; color:#d0ba6d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.annansadooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11.5px; color:#636161; text-align:right;}
.annansad p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.annansad {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ansad2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #636161; padding: 220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636161; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread