A new responsibility
[html]

As had become the norm, Geneva had not spoken to him all morning, and Jefferson made it a point to leave the ranch house rather early. Giving her space seemed to be the only remedy for her silence, though she had not uttered more than a few words since the accident--he began to feel there was something she was not telling him, like a reason it had all happened or something worse. She refused to look him in the eye, in fact, and although it was slowly tearing him up, he knew it best to just keep his mouth shut. Jefferson would make small, comforting small talk, and when he found she still wasn't ready to respond, he would nod and smile and be on his way. One of these days she would reply when she was ready to talk again, and he would try to stay patient until then.

He stepped out on the porch and closed the door gently behind him. Peering into the sunlight that made the Valley land seem to glow, the cyclops breathed in a lungful of the fresh morning air and smiled as the breeze brushed past. His ears perked only at distant sounds of steps that echoed in the silence of the morn, and from the distance he watched as Adonia approached, wearing such glee in her face that it was clear she had found the ranch house and barn on her own. Domonick was not in sight, but he assumed it probably wasn't his fault.

Stepping down the steps of the porch, he met her halfway along the barn's fenced pasture. "Adonia, right?" he smiled, but a sadness lingered within it. "I forgot you were coming. How much knowledge of farm procedures do you know, before I show you the animals?"

<style type="text/css">
.airplanes b {font-weight:bold; color:#827165; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#95A0A9; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.airplanes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.airplanes {margin:0 auto; width:399px; background-color:#EBF1F6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #49361E; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95A0A9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread