A new responsibility
[html]

His tattered ears picked up on the younger boy's giggles that only grew as the cyclops spoke further. Jefferson found this perplexing, ultimately; what was so funny about being given directions as requested? Domonick had offered to help them, but his playful gurgles put the Patriarch on edge. Jefferson had little against the powers of love and romance—though he himself was rather inexperienced and poor at it—but if their little crushes were going to get in the way of work, he wouldn't tolerate it. They were pack members, after all, and they had to earn their keep. "What's so funny?" he grunted, sourness prevalent in his deep tone. Green eye affixed on the dark-colored boy, humorless and glowing. "You two had best learn to take this work seriously. Barn comes first, lovebirds come second. Got that?" His ear simply twitched at the sneeze.

Turning his bad shoulder on them, the Patriarch tossed a bale of hay into the corner of one of the stalls and pulled its water bucket from its perch on the wall. "Brushing, Adonia. We'll wash them in cooled water on hot days, and bathe them every so often. They should be brushed once, twice a day." Scarred fingers laid claim to a long, oval brush at the top of a shelf; it was flicked through the air without second thought at the girl. "Take that out; I'll show you how to do it."

It was only then that Domonick's question returned to his mind, previously forgotten due to the unnecessary scolding. He cleared his throat, stepping out into the sunlight once more, and broke a small, scarred smile as his green eye overlooked the grazing horses and pasture. "They were here when I got here," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "Bred from what the humans had, I guess. A few of them are from AniWaya, since we had extra room and might need them in emergency—mmm, that one there, and there. There might be another one or two, I forget. Adds a homey touch to the pack, though; I don't mind them."

<style type="text/css">
.airplanes b {font-weight:bold; color:#827165; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#95A0A9; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.airplanes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.airplanes {margin:0 auto; width:399px; background-color:#EBF1F6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #49361E; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95A0A9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread