Style up
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: slow reply :I <3

For a moment, Strel face peered down at her, comically distorted by the swimming of her own vision as the girl-woman tilted her chin to smile weakly up at him. Then, in an instant, the male seemed to recognize his offender, and those lilac eyes of his lit up as speech bubbled from his maw. Her mind still slightly dizzy, Alaine waited until Strel had pulled her from the ground before offering a reply.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. Thank you," And she smiled sincerely, although a bubble of laughter may have colored the young healer's tone. Fancy that, asking a healer of her own broken bones? The fashionista sure was one funny fellow, "Disturb me? No, of course not."

The lie was blatant. It was clear that the young lady was in desperate need of sleep - The pockets beneath her stunning emerald eyes swelled like an inky bruise, her just-recently curved figure beginning to show the signs of exhaustion-born wear and tear. But, like any dedicated worker, Alaine felt no need to whine of her own bereavements. Besides, now that Strel was here, she figured she might ask him about that niggling sense of forgetting something that plagued her whenever his mind popped into memory.

Just as she was about to do so, the slenderly handsome male produced the box she'd nearly crumpled, and the bright blue ribbon danced endearingly before her eyes once more. For a second, the healer seemed at loss - A gift, for her? But why on earth-

"OH! OH, my dress!" Instantly, the young beauty grasped the object from Strel's oustretched hands. Her ivory hands fluttered over the corners of it, the delicately wrapped paper, smoothing across the merry bow with a look of amazement. Why, she'd forgotten all about her dress! HER dress! One hand reached out to tug at Strel's arm, and then she slipped into the dining room, setting the box on the table top and hovering over it anxiously. Emerald eyes darted to the male, before back to the box, her excitement palpable. Alaine had never been given a gift before, nor had she ever owned any new clothes - This was all good things, come at once, a brilliant surprise to brighten the rest of the week.

"... May I..." She gestured to the ribboned parcel with the look of a child at Christmas, " May I open it now?"

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread