[j]inx me something c r a z y..;
[html]
Anya Table v1.0
ever know each other [ooc]

This should be awkward... xD.

[bic] such a softer sin

Anya paused at the inquiry, her crimson eyes focusing somewhere left of the male's head, not sure what to say. She knew his name. Her father. Ahren de le Poer. She'd repeated it to herself a million times, hushed voice and eyes shut tight in agony. Her mother... well, Aiji Sadira had been a bit of a nutcase, truly, but after what Ahren did to her... Anya supposed the dark lady whom she called 'mother' had every right. And after Aiji's passing, despite the fact that Anya had every right to despise her mother, and the memory of her mother... she didn't. She wished there had been more time. Because, before they'd come back here, before her mother and her father had spoken, before her father knew about her, before all of it... when it was just Aiji and Anya... everything was fine. Her mother was a little paranoid at worst. But near the end... the insanity, the screaming and whimpering in the night, the kidnapping and the shouting... there was no end in sight, and Anya knew that if she'd been Aiji, driven insane by the past, she would have wanted an end to it. She wouldn't have wanted to be a shadow of what she had been.

She guessed her mother probably had felt the same.

And in the same respect, she had every right to despise Ahren. After all, it was his sickness, his cruelty, his selfish lust that brought her into this world. But still, she lusted for him. She longed for a father, a family, and some reasons. She needed to know why. Aiji had given her everything but reasons. Of course, her mother had been honestly one-sided about the matter, but as the victim of it all, Anya could understand her lack of caring what anyone else thought, particularly Ahren. She could understand not sympathising with him, not wanting to understand his reasons or excuses. Anya wasn't sure she wanted to either. But she needed to. And that was simply that.

Her ears slammed into gear when she heard her father's name. The male had said 'de le Poer'... that was her father's name. She'd been spaced out, for sure... the last thing she remembered was being asked who her father was. Had he guessed? It was her eyes. She tried to remember what he said. Jasper... his name. 'Jasper de le Poer. I don't think I've heard of anyone called Halfrek but..I don't know many others. Y'could stay here anyways, if you want, while you look for your family?' Her stomach turned. He was one of them. This male, he carried her father's name. No wonder he had looked so similar. She choked on her breath, then spoke slowly, painstakingly.

"Nice to meet you, Jasper," she began, and her voice was cracking already. "My name is not my father's. My father..." Crack. Her voice split in half, and she struggled for breath. 'Inhale, idiot,' she chided herself silently, but it didn't help. Her eyes closed, and her mind flickered, flashed off and then back on for a moment. When her eyes reopened, they had hardened slightly. Within her, she blocked the pain, the hate, the weakness. She stood up a little taller, forced herself not to collapse within the woods and hope the world turned a blind eye to her. Her eyes met the male's, and her heart skipped a moment, then all at once, it spilled out, and she couldn't force it back.

"Ahren de le Poer is my father."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread