[name] Anyanka Halfrek
[dob] 7 September 2005 [2½]
[type] Luperci [Birth]
[mail] tadaasana@sanguineous.com
[msn] tadaasana@sanguineous.com
[aim] tadaasana
[word] I've played here before.

[bic] such a softer sin

They say the worst form of desire is to be close, and to still be far away; that it is more painful to see someone and know they're not truly there, than to not see them and yet know that they are with you within. But what for those who miss someone who is not there, who does not care for you... but who is within you, within every cell of you, within every bit of your heart, your mind, your body, your soul? Perhaps that, indeed, the worst form of missing someone.

"Yeah, okay," black femme muttered, scoffing at her desperate attempt to philosophise despite her condition. Thinking wasn't getting her anywhere. It never had, truly. Now, her mother was dead, and her father? That had yet to be seen. Her grandfather, she knew, was long gone. But would the beast who created her, the beast whose flesh and blood ran through her, still be there? The crimson eyed beast with no mercy and less compassion... 'Me or him?' The humour didn't escape her. For her own eyes matched those of her father, and also of her grandfather. The sickness filled her every time she looked at herself. Their eyes... her eyes... did that mean she would see things as they did?

Or was it simply the marking of a beast? The beast her father was... that her grandfather may have been; she couldn't be sure of her mother's mad ranting... that she was. Or was she?

"Shut up, Anya," she snarled at herself. That wasn't really the way to keep what little confidence she had in herself. Honestly, she didn't lack confidence around others... but alone, in the quiet, the silence... it took her. All the wondering and waiting and never knowing, it just consumed her. That's why she turned to philosophy. Wondering about the world meant she didn't have to wonder about herself. "Or that's the idea, anyhow. She wasn't sure that it was cutting it now.

She trudged on.

Light snow fell, coating the previous ice and snow in a fresh layer, covering her tracks. Good, let it cover them, that she may never go back there. She never wanted to be where she had been. So she had followed her roots. She was going home. But was this home? Time would tell. Her stomach was beginning to twist and writhe, she was close. She could sense him, smell him. Her head pounded, the blood pushing its way through her veins at full-force as her heart sped up. 'Hold it down,' she thought to herself; she couldn't breathe well enough to speak the words aloud. 'Just calm down. You're letting him get to you. Your mind is blurring. Calm down...' She took a breath, pausing where she stood. Inhale... one, two, three... and exhale. Okay. She could breathe. What now?

It occurred to her, why the feeling was so strong. She couldn't be more than five feet from the border. Not more than five feet. Less, even. She wasn't sure. Her vision blurred and doubled, then tripled. There was an audible pause between her exhale and her next inhale; she didn't breathe until the emptiness in her lungs hurt enough to make her body waver a little. She took a few deep breaths, her eyes scanning the territory, then called. Not for anyone in particular, although it might have been nice for Ahren to show his wretched face... but just for someone.

Anyone.

[/html]
[html]

It was often unfortunate for Jasper in more ways than one. He'd lost his mother some time ago, blamed himself for the fact that she'd run off, even though he knew in his heart that she'd run off, at least in part, because of his father. Then his father, the man who hit him so hard that he knocked him across a room. The very man that, despite what had happened before, Jasper had followed all the way to Bleeding Souls from across the ocean. Jasper tried to be good, tried hard to accomplish things, and he tried even harder to salvage some sort of relationship with his father. Each time it seemed close, just over the horizon, something would burst and it would fall to ruins.

That was only part of family problems though. His siblings hated him, he felt, and it seemed as if they were suddenly popping up out of the woodworks. Gabriel had been the first, the brother that he hadn't known about, and when Jasper had spoken to his father he had revealed that there were more than just him. Some might have thought this to be a good thing, but not Jasper. It just meant that there were more to hate him. Again, unfortunately for the blonde de le Poer boy, he had no idea that he'd soon meet another.

He was rounding the borders from having just slipped back into the lands for the day when the scent hit him. A stranger, he was certain, for he was now confident enough in himself to know when someone was out of place. He hated meeting other people though, especially strangers, being the withdrawn and shy creature that he was. He knew better though, knowing that it would be wrong to just leave her sitting there waiting. It was about that moment that the howl rang through the air and Jasper sighed. Hesitantly, the blonde male turn in the direction of the scent, making his way carefully along. He could see her just in the distance, it hadn't been so far away in the first place. Jasper, who had the same slender build and light colored fur as his father, slowed himself as he neared.

Two different colored eyes moved in unison where he stood, sliding across the form of the older female. "Hello?" He asked then, his voice quiet as he called out from a short distance away. "You call?"

[/html]
[html]
Anya Table v1.0
ever know each other [ooc]

Hullo there. =)

[bic] such a softer sin

Anya hadn't been waiting long, not but a moment before someone was close by. A blonde male, slender, walking slowly towards her. She closed her eyes. Her father? Could he be that young, truly? Her throat closed, and she gasped for air. Perhaps, in some way, she had hoped her father would come to her. But was she ready to see him again? Within her, a pang of hatred burst, and she nearly forgot her manners, lips pulling back slightly before she forced them to relax. 'Hello?' The voice was familiar, but not the same sort of cold she could recall. 'You call?' Could he know it was her? Was he waiting for his daughter to come home to him?

Keeping her eyes low, she moved carefully towards him, keeping her tail partially between her legs to show her respect. Of all things, she would not want Ahren to think that she was disrespectful. In her state, she could not discern that this male, while similar, and also her half-brother, was not her father. Her mind had been going mad with the worry, and here he was, so gentle and calm, not at all what she remembered of him. She raised her eyes as she began to speak. "Fathe--" She stopped short. The eyes. While he was so close to the same as her father, this was not the same male. His eyes were not the same crimson as her own, as her grandfather's had also been. Her breath caught, then she raised herself slightly, a nervous chuckle rising from her throat. It wasn't him. She could relax. It was okay.

She didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"My apologies," she offered, hoping he hadn't noticed her slip. "I don't mean to be intruding. I was hoping I might find my family here. Come back to live with my father." Her voice was quiet, respectful, shy. The male who had so frightened her before, with his likeness to Ahren de le Poer, was not indeed him. And to think, she had nearly fallen down and sobbed at his feet. She offered a slight smile to accompany her greeting, then followed it with an introduction. "My name is Anyanka Halfrek, but please, call me Anya. May I ask yours?"

[/html]
[html]
Big Grin Hulloo

The one thing that Jasper was thankful for at that very moment was that the wolf waiting hadn't been a pup. It wasn't that he didn't like but, rather, the fact that every time he seemed to find one it just up and disappeared. Seti had been the first, the one that Jasper had grown the most attached to, and it almost killed him when the pup just vanished. Taken by his father, perhaps, who Jasper had sworn to protect him from. The young male shook the thoughts out of his head quickly, bringing oddly colored eyes up to examine the female just a bit more. He always felt awkward looking at others, like it was rude.

She approached after a short time, tucked in and submissive, which made the blonde male uncomfortable. A slight frown displayed that feeling, though it went unseen by the female while she kept her eyes low and Jasper promptly swept it away. She spoke then, a familiar word, and Jasper's ear jolted forward. Her speech was stopped short when she looked up, an odd thing, and the younger male furrowed his brows at this. He knew that kind of slip up, it had happened once before when he thought he'd found his father only to find that it was actually a coyote. How could he be so sure that was what it was though? Did it matter?

"Oh." Came his hushed voice, falling into immediate thought. "Who is your father?" There was a dismal sort of look on his face at that point, thinking it very unlikely that her father was in the lands. Really, all he could think of was Laruku and Ahren, and neither of them crossed his mind at that point. "Jasper de le Poer." He paused a moment and then spoke once more. "I don't think I've heard of anyone called Halfrek but..I don't know many others." And that statement was very true. "Y'could stay here anyways, if you want, while you look for your family?" Even if she didn't find them right away she would at least have a home to come back to at the end of the day, right?

[/html]
[html]
Anya Table v1.0

This should be awkward... xD.

[bic] such a softer sin

Anya paused at the inquiry, her crimson eyes focusing somewhere left of the male's head, not sure what to say. She knew his name. Her father. Ahren de le Poer. She'd repeated it to herself a million times, hushed voice and eyes shut tight in agony. Her mother... well, Aiji Sadira had been a bit of a nutcase, truly, but after what Ahren did to her... Anya supposed the dark lady whom she called 'mother' had every right. And after Aiji's passing, despite the fact that Anya had every right to despise her mother, and the memory of her mother... she didn't. She wished there had been more time. Because, before they'd come back here, before her mother and her father had spoken, before her father knew about her, before all of it... when it was just Aiji and Anya... everything was fine. Her mother was a little paranoid at worst. But near the end... the insanity, the screaming and whimpering in the night, the kidnapping and the shouting... there was no end in sight, and Anya knew that if she'd been Aiji, driven insane by the past, she would have wanted an end to it. She wouldn't have wanted to be a shadow of what she had been.

She guessed her mother probably had felt the same.

And in the same respect, she had every right to despise Ahren. After all, it was his sickness, his cruelty, his selfish lust that brought her into this world. But still, she lusted for him. She longed for a father, a family, and some reasons. She needed to know why. Aiji had given her everything but reasons. Of course, her mother had been honestly one-sided about the matter, but as the victim of it all, Anya could understand her lack of caring what anyone else thought, particularly Ahren. She could understand not sympathising with him, not wanting to understand his reasons or excuses. Anya wasn't sure she wanted to either. But she needed to. And that was simply that.

Her ears slammed into gear when she heard her father's name. The male had said 'de le Poer'... that was her father's name. She'd been spaced out, for sure... the last thing she remembered was being asked who her father was. Had he guessed? It was her eyes. She tried to remember what he said. Jasper... his name. 'Jasper de le Poer. I don't think I've heard of anyone called Halfrek but..I don't know many others. Y'could stay here anyways, if you want, while you look for your family?' Her stomach turned. He was one of them. This male, he carried her father's name. No wonder he had looked so similar. She choked on her breath, then spoke slowly, painstakingly.

"Nice to meet you, Jasper," she began, and her voice was cracking already. "My name is not my father's. My father..." Crack. Her voice split in half, and she struggled for breath. 'Inhale, idiot,' she chided herself silently, but it didn't help. Her eyes closed, and her mind flickered, flashed off and then back on for a moment. When her eyes reopened, they had hardened slightly. Within her, she blocked the pain, the hate, the weakness. She stood up a little taller, forced herself not to collapse within the woods and hope the world turned a blind eye to her. Her eyes met the male's, and her heart skipped a moment, then all at once, it spilled out, and she couldn't force it back.

"Ahren de le Poer is my father."

[/html]
[html]
That's always the fun stuff. X3

Jasper had wondered, for a very short moment, if the older female was ill. The look that came about her after he'd spoken made him wonder if she was in pain. Perhaps something had happened just before her arrival and it was only now kicking in? He'd only just been thinking about how polite she seemed to be. How very..not troubled, at least when compared to everyone else he knew. Ahren, the man with a troubled past and mind. Laruku, the one who didn't quite know himself, though Jasper was hardly aware of that. And Jasper, the lonely child with only a ghost as a friend. A fine pack they made, really.

Ears slid back against his skull, a look of concern taking him over as he shuffled forward a few nervous steps. She didn't look well and Jasper certainly wasn't the one that you wanted to be around if you were ill. If it came to it, at the very least, he knew that calling Naniko would be the thing to do. She seemed smart in the area, at least when it came to helping without chemicals. Jasper was more the alchemist type, mixing and testing, and he didn't often bring along that stuff. He was about to speak, to ask her if she needed some aid, but it was that moment that she began to speak once more. The blonde boy quieted, tipping his ears forward to listen.

Try as she might, he still wasn't convinced that she was well. Her voice was funny, her words slow and her breathing erratic. What would he do if she just stopped breathing all of a sudden? Anxiety had long since kicked in, always worrying for the worst, expecting it, but the moment that her eyes met his, he was lost. "Ahren de le Poer is my father." It echoed through his head, bouncing off each side of his skull only so that he had to hear it over and over. "He's...my father..." It came out slow, in almost a whining sort of tone.

Selfish as it may have seemed, the first thing that came to mind was that he now had another sibling to compete with. Another sibling to hate him. Even worse, she was female, and he's always thought that his father had taken better to his daughters than he had his sons. "He lives here." It was the only other thing that the suddenly very confused boy could manage.

[/html]
[html]
Anya Table v1.0

Ooooh. Sibling lurves? Or haetz0rz? -Gigglesnort- Dramaaa<3

Oh, and a slight allusion to Ahren's presence. Spoke to Mel; it's for a plot.

ETA: Anya's a nutcase, so... the italics are her going crazy, and the normal speaking font is her talking. I had to make her hallucinate her way through this scene, or she would have broken down, and Jasper might have had a problem comforting the older sister he didn't know he had. xD

ETAsquared: Sorry this is so fucking long, btw.

[bic] such a softer sin

Now that the words were out of her system, a calm settled over her. A release. Her eyes, hardened and hating, flames of pain glowing and raging within them, behind the cold facade, settled down into a calmer state, just for a moment. The flame seemed to flicker, then with a last, final glimmer, extinguish itself. Warmth and contentment filled her. Peace. He mentioned his relation to her, but it was not concerning. If he was not mad already, living here, then Ahren surely must be gone, because the presence of her father, she was sure, would send someone mad, just as it had her mother, just as the unknowing and the gap had consumed her. Now, she was home. Her mother's old homelands, her father's former place of terror. The twinge at the back of her neck, that surely must be residual energy from him, but it would fade with time. All pain, all hate, all terror faded with time.

'He lives here.'

Her stomach leaped, hitting her square in the lungs, a gasp filling the vast emptiness and silence that had encircled her since she'd let out her secret. Now the silence seemed suffocating, and the words that began to fill it were binding her body and soul. Ahren was there. Her eyes, hardening to protect the rekindled flame, darted around wildly. Just a bit away, she swore for a moment that she saw a flicker of blonde and red, but it was gone before it was real, and she convinced herself that this was madness, overtaking her, and it was a figment. A hallucination, a nightmare. Like a mirage without the normally positive connotation of the fantasy. It was an illusion, a trick of the eye. 'Don't let him get to you,' she tried to tell herself. 'Don't trust your eyes, don't let him play with your mind.' Was it truth? Or was she lying to herself to make it easier. She took a breath, and blinked. Breathing was key. If she stopped that, it was over, and he'd won. For now, best to play it off as what it wasn't: perfectly okay.

A split second had passed since he'd spoken, and her eyes had clouded, her defenses keeping her safe, locking away the emotions and thoughts and pain. The amusing part was, the defense was such a good trick, even she believed it. It was such a good ploy to keep others out, to keep them from knowing and understanding her, that after a while, if she could keep the facade going, she could believe that she was okay. And she was. She was okay right now. The world was at peace. Her eyes shone with a slight of insanity, and a vague, fleeting pleasure crossed her face. Onyx femme locked the windows of the crazed onto Jasper, and tilted her head slightly.

"Is he? I see." This addressed both statements made by the male, and as the calm wore off, as it did quickly now, with her weakened state, she resorted to the next defense on the list: short sentences with minimal words and less emotion. She pictured her father. The image hurt her, but she needed it. She pictured him as he had been last they had met, the cold and the dark and the anger. She slipped inside him, inside his head and his heart and his eyes. She became like him. It would keep her alive, to be cold and cruel and oddly humourous.

Hell, it had before.

She paused a moment, sinking into her new mindset, forcing her true thoughts, her true desires, to accomodate the new, the false, the sinful. "Good to know." The sound of her own voice startled her, made her stomach twitch, like it might shrivel up and stretch out and force itself up her throat, out of her mouth, around her neck. But it didn't. The face stayed. The thoughts mixed, changed, rearranged, and she got lost in it... but her voice, Ahren's voice, was doing for her, what she could not do for herself: turning a scared, lost, wounded little girl into a brave, fearless, sickeningly corrupted soldier.

In her mind, reality blended with survival tactics, which blended with hallucination and false perception, which then in turn became utter delusion. In her mind, it wasn't her. It was that easy. Her father, the male who brought her into this world, so cruel, so cold... was now saving her. 'Just for now,' said a voice in her head, a voice that was not her own in Ahren's tone, but a voice that was truly his. A voice that sounded just like her father. 'Take my hand, don't be afraid. I'll take you away. Just for now. Until it's over.' A mirage within her mind created an image of her, and another of him, and he reached out for her. With her mind's eye, she saw herself take his hand. And then she went numb.

Her voice was steady, reacting purely to stimulation, using words learnt through a lifetime of memory and experience. "I might like to stay here." She didn't recognise the sound of her own voice, and it shocked her... but there was no pain. 'Just for now,' the voice reminded her. 'You'll have to go back. You need to find me. This is only for the moment.' Again, a flash of blonde and red in the distance, and now it was clear, in her mind at least, that while most everything else was an illusion, that was not. Without the burden of actions and impressions, she was free to observe. And she could swear that, while her mind's eye was mistaken, her body's was not. Or was she just losing it? Didn't matter. Whatever was or wasn't, she just had to make sure she survived this. Then she could find Ahren.

Two voices overlapped in her mind. "I was wondering, then," her body began, while her mind continued. 'You'll have to return.' Those words were bothersome to her. Return to this? Why? 'You're brave, Anya. You're not like your mother. You and I, we are one. This is why you must return. I believe in you. I wait for you.' It was all false, but all at once, she was back, and the ground was beneath her, and she could feel the air. And, steady and calm, she spoke, her voice once again her own.

"Is the invitation still open?"

[/html]
[html]
Jasper thinks all his siblings hate him but if you think they'd get along I can go for either. (He mostly thinks his immediate siblings hate him because it was in part his fault that their mother ran off.) He's very emo.. X3

The faintest hint of doubt grew in his mind as he stood staring at his supposed sister. How could he be so certain that she was telling the truth? Jasper hadn't been around, nor very involved, long enough to know where all his father had gone and who he had met during his life. Could this be an impostor who knew him from some previous place? Could she see just how gullible the younger male tended to be? Did she only want to hurt his father? It was true that he and his father weren't close, that sometimes Jasper thought that it was that way because Ahren didn't want to be close with him. Despite all that, though, the young male wouldn't allow someone to harm him.

It was her eyes that convinced the blonde male that she was not a liar. The eyes that were the same as his father's. Silent, he watched her only a moment more before her eyes were back on him, a stare that chilled his bones and caused him to silently fear that perhaps he was wrong. Her sentences were precise, short, and of a tone that they hadn't been before. She had said she had come looking for her family and Jasper was able to reveal to her that he was here. Why so suddenly the change of attitude? Did she think that she would come and find nothing? Was she hoping that she wouldn't. As he stood wondering, Jasper found himself unable to grasp at a sturdy thought. Had he done something wrong himself?

It was odd, really, just how fast everything seemed to change on him. The tense feeling that he'd gotten from her eyes had completely fallen away, the suspicious thoughts that he'd been thinking merely melted into nothing with the last words that she spoke. It couldn't just be as simple as that, though. Was the invitation still open? It would have been easy to tell her no and turn her away right then and there. Easy to toss away the pain that would most certainly come. All of Ahren's children had left him at one point or another, but not Jasper. He followed. He tried. He wanted so badly to show his father that he wasn't going to just up and leave. Now, though, she was here and would certainly be the light in their father's life. The child who returned to him.

"Of course." He forced the words out, despite the many thoughts that were telling him to say otherwise. Perhaps having her around would make his father happy. Happier than Jasper had ever made him, and the lonely boy could be selfish and drown himself in the fact that it was he who let her in. He who allowed their father that happiness. Besides, it wasn't really his place to tell her that she couldn't stay. "I can take you to his shack if you want." He said then, a vague sign of acceptance. This was no formal border meeting, at least not him. It was just a brother taking his sister back to her lost father. Like she belonged.

[/html]
[html]
Anya Table v1.0

Hm... This should be interesting.

Amber and I talked, so... as discussed, dear.

[bic] such a softer sin

Anya was so close to making it through all this. 'Of course.' Jasper's voice. She was welcome in these lands now. Good, she was free to find her father. Not that she would have the first idea of where to look. Where would someone like her father even live? Probably an old, desecrated church. A flash of an image overtook her, the image her mother had given her, described to her. A church. She was conceived in a church. Her stomach lurched. The voice her mind had created to mimic her father's likeness was quickly fading, and her legs were turning to pond slime... squishy and unstable. She fought to stay upright, but everything was spinning. Then he spoke, and her stomach twisted, pain taking her hostage. 'I can take you to his shack if you want.' The false voice of Ahren in her head was but a whisp of nothingness, dust after a tornado, radiation after a bombing, dampness after a flood. She wasn't sure whether to go with her brother or stay where she was. She needed to rest... oh, fuck, she needed to rest.

Obviously, her subconscious knew the truth because, just as she was going to accept the offer, her legs gave out, and she landed on the ground with a sickening thud. "Gnghnh!" It wasn't a word, it wasn't even an attempt at speech, but a reaction to the shock of pain that broke loose in her shoulder and spread. She gasped, not even beginning to speak, the pain rendering her voice useless. Her mind raced, thoughts running rampant, ideas circling so fast that the thought of puking crossed her mind, and nearly became a reality.. 'Fuckfuckfuck. This can't be happening. After everything, this can't be happening. I walked here, I trekked here through rain and snow and sleet and winds, I didn't sleep for days at a time, and when I did, only an hour, maybe two, and then back on my way here. I've been without a home or any companion for what seems like an eternity and then some, and it's finally coming to a close, and now what, now what?' She knew now what, and it hurt, more than anything.

Her mother had given her everything she had: life, and love. The experience to survive. Surely, her younger years had been less than stable, but even in her mother's darkest hours, Anya knew Aiji loved her. Always. She couldn't say that for Ahren, couldn't even begin to. She was a traitor. All her mother worked for, all the protection, all the warnings, even her going insane because of what Ahren did, because of Anya's very existence... and she fucked it up. Because she was selfish. That was all. And now she was getting what she deserved.

'This is what I get for being foolish, I'm rendered completely immobile, and for what, only because I can't hold my own emotions and stay stable, because I let his memory and my mother's death break me down, because I can't think things through. I shouldn't have bothered. The road ends here. My brother, he'll leave me here, I'm useless now, or if he doesn't, he'll call to our father and he'll kill me on sight, just like Mama said, and I shouldn't have come here! Oh, fuck, I shouldn't have come here! I thought I was strong, I thought I could make it, and now if he wants me dead, he'll have me as such, and I don't have a prayer of a chance, oh fuck...' Her mind wouldn't stop, it wouldn't quiet, it wouldn't calm...

She looked to her brother, the brother she hadn't even known she had, and whimpered in pain and frustration and, ultimately, utter helplessness. "Jasper... nnh... pl... please. My li... my little br-brother..." She wasn't sure if it was her shoulder or her head that was making it hard to speak, because both hurt, although differently for each. The word 'brother' tasted strange in her mouth, the lingering sensation making her dizzy. She had been Aiji's only child... but not her father's. Not Ahren's. Still, she needed him. "Find... find our... fa... father." Those words had a different taste, a bitter one, a little like pennies, only red. Not her father... theirs. And also hers. She was forced to share now, forced to accept that she was not the only one, not her father's princess as she was, in a sense, her mother's. But then... when had she ever been a princess?

She didn't feel royal. Just filthy and wrong. Bitter. Cold.

Meeting her brother's eyes once more, she winced, then spoke a last word. "Please."

[/html]
[html]

Certainly taking her to their father's shack and leaving her there would be simple enough. He already figured that neither of them would want him around for their heartfelt reunion. He wouldn't blame them, either. Jasper wouldn't admit that he was jealous of the concept. That he wanted to be the one to run to their father and be embraced and accepted. He'd been hugged once, when he first arrived and Ahren found him, and it was a feeling that he had grown to miss. This was all in the head of the boy though, the boy who need not hide his feelings because it hardly ever mattered. He was always sad, there wasn't a difference. It was unfortunate, at least for his thoughts, that he didn't know the circumstances behind his new older sister.

Amidst the tail end of his thoughts she suddenly went crumbling to the ground. It startled him, jolted him upright and straight forward. He was near her in a flash, ears folded back and prancing around her. He wanted to touch her, to nudge her and make sure that she was fine, even though he didn't know he all that well. She was his sister, the one who would make their father happy. Fearing that he would only add to her pain though, Jasper kept himself steady, worry taking him over in a vice grip. What was he supposed to do? How could he help. Any plans that he'd devised in his head from before, when he thought that she might be ill, had all vanished without a trace. These weren't good situations for him to be in.

His frantic prancing and pacing stopped just as soon as she uttered his name. Wide eyed, he stared down at her, lowering his head to better hear her words. It came then, the phrase that made his heart jump and his eyes to glaze over in a thin layer of threatening tears. Little brother. Everything sounded fuzzy suddenly. The thumping of his racing heart was gone, the pained sounds of his sister. They were just gone. When she spoke it all snapped back. Find father. He needed to find father. The boy repeated this in his head a million times over. He wouldn't fail. Dropping his head, Jasper gave a faint nudge to the darker female. Whether it was for reassurance or thanks, neither could be sure.

"I'll find him." He said then, whipping around in a flash and darting off into the trees in the direction of Ahren's shack. The boy was panicked and frantic but still, he would not fail.

[/html]