The Fog is Lifted
[html]

Keep it up Heath! She's almost there!

She did not move, not even an inch when the scent of her mate reached her. Her sensitive ears, flat against her head, heard the footsteps, the door opening, Soleil walking up to meet him. She didn't even react. So deep was she within her self dug emotional chasm that she seemed to lose control of herself physically, or rather she didn't care enough to try. She was trying to get out. She wanted out. But her ineptitude at achieving her goal only made her slip farther. Pupil-less eyes stared forward, not even bothering to move towards the sound of her mate's entry.

However, when he knelt down in front of her, and Soleil rubbed up against her, something inside of her seemed to stir. Her eyes only blinked, but it was a reaction. Heath's hand cupping her cheek produced a similar reaction. Then he spoke one of his nicknames for her, in that beautiful French tongue. His voice penetrated her ears, but his loving, pleading tone reached her soul, the part of her that had been trying for days now to escape this depression. She blinked several times, even managed to move her ears. She heard him. He'd given her the hand she'd needed. She was almost out.

Slowly, very slowly for her muscles were stiff, she unwrapped her arms from around her knees. Her delicate, soft hand moved to touch his, lower lip quivering as she started to cry once more. "I-I'm...I'm here...Heath! I don't want to be sad anymore, but I am! I'm trying to stop, but...I can't," she sobbed, her throat soar from the hours of sobbing she'd gone through. She was almost there. He'd gotten her this far, and she wanted to be better. He'd done it, but she still needed a bit more help.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread