The Fog is Lifted
[html]

aaaand Ruri's back, a bit sudden I know, but she's sick of being depressed so that accelerated the change. ^_^

Word Count:600+

She couldn't help but lean into his hand as he rubbed her cheek. For the first time in days the numbness of her body was beginning to fade. She craved the caress of his dark hand, though she still cried. Why was she doing this? Hadn't she just said she wanted to stop this? The silver and ivory lautari did not know why, but she was consciously making an effort to stop. "H-Heath...I'm sorry for this. I'm...It...it just hurts so bad," she replied, her weak arms moving to hug him. She wanted to hold him, and for him to hold her. For these past few nights she'd barely moved from her curled up, sitting position on the couch. Her body protested at the sudden surge of movement, but she needed to hug him. The fragile collie had not eaten much of anything since the pack meeting. She wasn't starving, but she was weak, and somewhat dizzy. Her depression had dulled her keen senses temporarily, and now they were beginning to wake up, letting her know just how far she'd fallen into herself. "I...I know he didn't mean for it to hurt. I-It's like Vigilante said, he just hates staying in one place for t-too long," she stuttered, leaning into her mate's muscular form. "I...I...miss him, b-but I have you." She continued to cry, though her sobs were abating, leaving behind only the hiccups that had come and gone with the varying degrees of severe crying.

She was standing now, her mate moving with her and helping to hold her up. It had taken a few minutes for her to get the nerve to stand, and another moment for her to find her balance after sitting for so long. But Heath was there; the rock that kept her grounded in reality. Jac was gone, yes, and he probably wasn't coming back. Why had it taken her so long to realize this? Why had she been so upset? Deep down, she had always known Jac would eventually move on. His promise to never leave her had been made when she was a puppy, a fearful, emotionally scarred puppy. He'd made that promise to her to make her feel safe and secure. She owed it to him not to be sad that he'd gone. The pirate king would always be her parental figure, the one she loved as only a daughter could, but he had needed to leave.

Her tears had stopped now, her arms were wrapped tightly around her mate's form, soft, delicate hands pressed against the backs of his shoulders. "I'm sorry I've been sad so long. I...I think I'm going to be okay now," she apologized, clearing her throat to try and make it easier to speak. Her pupil-less eyes now turned upward, looking towards his face, and slowly but surely the color of sadness faded from her face leaving behind a familiar, loving smile. "I-I, hic," she hiccupped again, blushing slightly in embarrassment, "I love you Heath, I'll try never to be so sad again." Her nightingale voice had regained some of its resonating tone to it as she rubbed her hands up and down her mate's back in a gesture of affection. The soft fabric of his shirt felt good underneath her fingers. Everything seemed to feel a whole lot better now that she was starting to revert to her old self. "Let's go outside...I want to ride Stark down the beach, and then...go swimming in the ocean...after that, I'll cook whatever food we have, I think I'm a bit hungry," she exclaimed, her face beaming with new found happiness. She needed to make up for lost time, and there was no time like the present to do so. Hopefully Heath wouldn't mind.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread