wings can't help you down
[html]
I suck <3 300+

Geneva's lime green eyes flashed up to meet a surprised voice. She did not like being taken by surprise, but so close to Crimson Dream's borders, she should have known that others might have been milling about on their daily business. She was so close to another pack's land, where their numbers congregated to live and to expand their lives, and so it was fitting and it made sense that she would not be alone for long here. The gray Valley woman was immediately relieved to lay eyes upon her former pack mate and sometime conversation companion, Jazper.

The large black man looked much the same to her, except he had markings around his eye in a yellow dye that she had not noticed before. She doubted that the symbol was a recent addition to his face; it had been so long since they had seen one another. Even so, she felt the weight of her surprise evaporate immediately. She was not at ease immediately, but she was able to be calm now. Jazper had never made her uncomfortable or self-conscious; the black giant had always been a good conversational companion.

"Yes, I'm here!" she called in a strained voice over the distance. Her voice, usually whisper soft, was rusty from disuse. She had not made it a habit to talk to very many creatures since emerging from her self imposed exile. She had raised her voice at Jefferson and had had a small conversation with Pendzez, but had otherwise kept to herself. It had been easier that way, or so she thought. But as she wrapped her thin arms around her petite frame, the weight of words threatened to choke her.

She stumbled forward toward him thoughtlessly, unsure of her course of action. As she neared the towering black wolf, her fingers clutched her sides. Her newly scarred features, strange and disfigured sitting in her face, were tense with undeclared and imprecise emotion. She opened her mouth, her jaws working to form words, but she couldn't find them for a moment. "Jazper...I'm pregnant," she said, seeming dumb-founded as she said the words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread