on the way to grey
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... blelin.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
wc: 347

The woman’s terse confirmation hardly came as a surprise, but the younger girl found herself quite pleased that she got a response at all. The brief reply served to intensify her youthful curiosity, and as she watched the Dreamer set a candle alight, her thoughts began brimming with questions and possibilities. The girl had only ventured to her father’s home once before, but already she found herself forgetting much of what she had seen as a pup. What was it like living there? How many family members of hers really lived there? Supposedly there were more mysterious relatives lingering around the Dreamer pack, according to Papa, but she hadn’t the faintest idea who they were.

Before the sandy-furred girl could fire off another question, she found herself facing a query of her own. Certainly the earthen hued lady had picked out the pack in Lucia’s scent just as easily as she had hers. “Yep,” she began with an almost cheery note in her tone. “I live there with my brother, and sisters, and my…” Momma, she had wanted to say, but she hurried to correct herself. “My auntie.” The cheerful pride that colored her voice had disappeared, leaving a slightly bitter edge in its wake. Her mother’s desertion was still a fresh event in her life, and when she was away from home it was sometimes easy to forget that it had happened. Perhaps it was simply wishful thinking. The girl didn’t want to dwell on it, though, and she quickly tried to find a way to distract herself from that train of thought.

“Um, what’s it like, in Crimson Dreams? You like it there?” It was a simple question, one she asked almost too quickly in order to change the topic at hand and quell some of that curiosity she still had budding in one corner of her mind. Lucia lifted one of the little white pots in front of her to examine it, but she found her gaze drifting to the light of the candle, watching the flickering shadows that it cast across the room.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread