sweet child of mine
[html]

no worries on either count, i'll be vague too ^^;
440 words

Tokyo's face twitched a smile at his words, brief and fleeting. Her heart swelled with pride; this was not unusual when around her son, but in particular this moment she was proud of his utter stoicism in, quite literally, the face of death. No worthy child of hers would flinch at a fresh-looking skull. All his composure belied was curiosity, and a bit of self-satisfaction at his witty greeting. "What a question. Unfortunately I forgot to catch his name before I ran him through with my long knife. He was speaking ill of Dahlia. Of your father. Didn't feel much need to exchange pleasantries." She spoke casually, although in reality a little thrill ran up her back at the memory. God, the power she had felt, standing over that corpse. He had deserved to die. His words had dug himself his grave. Metaphorically, of course. His actual flesh was surely long-digested by scavengers by this point.

She tossed half a fish her son's way, supposing him hungry. King usually would, even though he was capable of hunting on his own at this point. He was growing so fast, transforming sustenance directly into his own increasing size. She examined the long knife just spoken of; it was leaning on the wall against her, within easy reach. Because what was the point of having an item of self-defense around if you had to dig it out of piles of miscellaneous treasures? Tokyo slid it down in front of her. There was still blood on it, dry and flaking off as she moved it. It was amazing how much a weapon could make up from the lack of physical strength that had haunted her all her life. If you played your cards right, if your enemy wasn't expecting any danger from you... A long-knife was a bit hard to wield subtly, but still. The new possibilities had been flashing through her mind from days. She would have to be careful, though. Murder was a crime not easily forgiven if discovered.

"He was the first canine I ever killed." The lie did not carry any overtones of deception. Beyond the fact that her lies rarely did, this one was something believed by the speaker. Tokyo certainly did not count the three siblings that Princess and Buttface had once had. They were never really alive, just squealing, mewling, helpless disgusting little things. "What do you think of that, King? Do you think me weaker than your father, for it?" Her tone was pleasant and level, non-accusatory in the least. She wanted to hear his thoughts on the matter, and didn't doubt he would provide them honestly.

<style type="text/css">
.tokyo001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ecd5b1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tokyo001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838279; text-align:right;}
.tokyo001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tokyo001 {margin:0 auto; width:365px; background-color:#02020c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... kyo001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ecd5b1; padding: 0px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838279; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread